Two-inch LEGO gun gets 4th-grader in trouble

If you stop and think about this, in a way it is brain washing (maybe more of a imprinting) on children that all guns are BAD!

Lefty isn't dumb, just the act of a zero tolerance in place helps create the impression that (now this is the secret key) all guns are bad, even the one that you know will not hurt you. Chances are these kids will carry that thought forward about guns in general as they learn the process of "Zero Tolerance".

They see a gun in a movie "its bad!" why? It can't hurt you. They see a toy gun, "its bad!" why? it can't hurt you. Your father owns a gun "its bad!" why? it can't hurt you.

Which brings us back to this little toy. Everyone, the admin, the teachers and the kids know it is impossible that it can hurt anyone, but the simple act of Zero Tolerance teaches them "its bad" don't matter if it can or can't hurt you. This I guarantee makes a permanent impression. Don't believe me? How do you explain the fanatical passion they use in supporting these rules. Like the pocket knife or bread knife. Ridiculous---- or is it?

I'm amazed more every day at the cleaver ways Lefty does to increase their power by trying to control all of us, if it's actions, speech, hobbies, looks and so on. (like stating over and over that conservatives are racists!)

They know this damn little piece of plastic is harmless, but it is a symbol of what they hate and they do live by symbols!

Edited by Fluid Power
  • Like 1

You know, some where, there is an idiot saying the following:

My GOD! That's a toy AK47!!!! The most dangerous gun in the world!!!!! They better report that kids parents to child protective services because if they are allowing him to handle dangerous weapons like that, who knows what else is happening in that house. They should also report that kid to DHS and add his name to the no fly list.

Sad. Just Sad.

What's the matter with you people don't you know he could use that to intimidate or mug some one, because its so realistic and life size.

What a bunch of mindless asshats!!!!!

This reminds me of when I was a 1st grader back in the soviet union I once brought a knife to school because I knew that there was going to be a birthday party of a classmate and I figured that if I came with my own utensils I'd be at the front of the line for cake since I'd be able to cut it myself. The teacher of course took the knife away and called my parents but that was it. Just a small lecture from the teacher, in front of my parents about the dangers of little kids playing with large sharp knives. It was such a no big deal that the principle wasn't even notified. Later on our way home in the car my dad was laughing his ass off. He thought it was funny that I'd try to somehow skip to the front of the line when sweets were involved!

What's the matter with you people don't you know he could use that to intimidate or mug some one, because its so realistic and life size.

What a bunch of mindless asshats!!!!!

This reminds me of when I was a 1st grader back in the soviet union I once brought a knife to school because I knew that there was going to be a birthday party of a classmate and I figured that if I came with my own utensils I'd be at the front of the line for cake since I'd be able to cut it myself. The teacher of course took the knife away and called my parents but that was it. Just a small lecture from the teacher, in front of my parents about the dangers of little kids playing with large sharp knives. It was such a no big deal that the principle wasn't even notified. Later on our way home in the car my dad was laughing his ass off. He thought it was funny that I'd try to somehow skip to the front of the line when sweets were involved!

thats pretty funny, i guess you needed a sugar fix really bad. It reminds me of when I was in 7th grade (1987). My friend Aaron brought a .45 pistol to school. He had no intention of hurting anyone. He had brought it to show a teacher, who was a prospective buyer. He just wanted to sell it so he could get a different one and that was the only place they could meet. Rumors by the end of the day were that he was gonna go on a mass rampage. He ended up with 3 days of afterschool detention. And yes, the teacher still bought it from him.

I'm just glad the students are safe from the threat of a 2 inch non functioning toy gun!!!!!

In fact!!! The Principle should receive an award for her bravery!!!!

barf.JPG

On a very-loosely related note, 10 years ago in Northern Virginia, during an assignment given to my youngest son (then 7 years old) and the rest of his classmates by their teacher to "draw" what their fathers' did for a living, my son drew a stick-man rendering of a group of Army dudes shooting at one another. . . with the typical stylized blood or gore spilling forth from several of the Army dudes' mid-sections via the "dotted lines" if the stick guns' bullet paths (I'm sure you get the picture; we all friggen drew such stick-man renderings when we were kids).

Well, the friggen teacher yanked my 7 year old son out of class, brought him down to the principal's office and a telephone call to my wife ensued. It was explained to my wife that the elementary school was concerned for my son's mental wellbeing, etc., etc., (I don't recall the specifics; I got it second hand from my wife upon returning home from work).

Of course, the shit-head teacher nor the principal inquired of my son precisely what his Dad did for a living? At that time I was stationed at the Pentagon Building, and had been serving in the U.S. Army for approximately thirteen years up to that point. My wife set them straight.

Go fucking figure, right? THAT was 10 years ago.

W.T.F.? Let the pussification of our youth continue. What next, recess in big plastic hamster balls!

I get what ya mean...but hey....umm...that would be kinda kool...American Gladiator style...lol I think the injury rate would go through the roof if ya let my kid loose in a giant ball...lol no offense.

Common sense meet toilet...there goes round and round...lol WTF do people think...it is no more dangerous than the damn piece of chalk the teacher has...ok if they still have chalk I have no clue..are they all on those dry-erase boards now...ok so they are getting stoned on fumes from the markers. Sorry got sidetracked..it happens...I cannot believe this got that far...

I just realized, if that gun was to scale with that action figure, it would have to be at least a .50 cal. Oh my God! A mini .50 Cal!!!!! Reminds me of the dude in NY who had a .50 cal flintlock in his dorm room. Some idiots called the cops to report that he had a .50 cal and everyone and their dog showed up at his dorm room to arrest this poor dude for having an anti aircraft weapon. When they saw what it was, and more so, that ATF doesn't even classify those as firearms anymore, they were stumped!

thats pretty funny, i guess you needed a sugar fix really bad. It reminds me of when I was in 7th grade (1987). My friend Aaron brought a .45 pistol to school. He had no intention of hurting anyone. He had brought it to show a teacher, who was a prospective buyer. He just wanted to sell it so he could get a different one and that was the only place they could meet. Rumors by the end of the day were that he was gonna go on a mass rampage. He ended up with 3 days of afterschool detention. And yes, the teacher still bought it from him.

Was the teacher planning a Rampage?..lol just kiddin...I went to a school where you might see a shotgun in a window...lol but whatever...lol

Bullshit! Absolute bullshit!

When I read shit like this it just reminds me of how this country is, at the rate it's been going for several decades now, headed down hill towards a slow, painful, horrible demise.

Look at how our elected officials have allowed our children's "educators" to treat our children.

And even the good students, no less!

I blame less the educators and liberals and more of the "lawsuit culture"

A lot of of this living-in-a-bubble bullshit stores and schools and workplaces etc. are pushing is less a result of liberal ideologues and pansies (though they have their fair share of the blame) and more the fault of people who just can't wait to sue for anything and everything their 1-800-lawyer can think of.

Perfect example - I knew someone who worked in a bank. Bank was robbed. Person was a bank teller who was at gunpoint, scary situation of course. Lives and no one's hurt. Tellers goes on to sue - and win - a lawsuit against the bank for emotional damage or whatever. /facepalm

Edited by Klassy Kalashnikov

And that happens because of dumb-ass liberal judges. Aren't judges either elected or appointed by elected officials, depending on the type of judge?

If judges would have thrown out all those bullshit cases to begin with, we wouldn't be where we are now, having to somehow deal with the fact that people are too law suit happy. The courts could be spending their time on more important issues, like, actual crimes.

I blame less the educators and liberals and more of the "lawsuit culture"

A lot of of this living-in-a-bubble bullshit stores and schools and workplaces etc. are pushing is less a result of liberal ideologues and pansies (though they have their fair share of the blame) and more the fault of people who just can't wait to sue for anything and everything their 1-800-lawyer can think of.

Perfect example - I knew someone who worked in a bank. Bank was robbed. Person was a bank teller who was at gunpoint, scary situation of course. Lives and no one's hurt. Tellers goes on to sue - and win - a lawsuit against the bank for emotional damage or whatever. /facepalm

No kidding...I have heard of people who sue over emotinal distress from seeing an accident happen then suing the person deemed at fault...lol The way of the easy fast buck via lawsuit seems overwhelming..

• 3 weeks later...

I ran into an old high school teacher last month. He'd been retired for 10 or 15 years, but I asked him what he thought about how schools are run nowadays (ie no spanking, Teachers afraid of students, zero tolerance for everything, ect). His response caught me a little off guard since he was always a quiet kind of guy....."Fucking liberals!" :eek: He said it under his breath, but I was thinking 'DAAAAAAAAMN.....Mr. Johnson just swore' LOL

I went to a school out in the country for the most part. High school in the 80s. We had a freakin' RIFLE TEAM for God sake. You'll never see that again. Not the color guard twirling fake firearms. Actual 22 bolt action rifles we'd bring from home. You'd keep them in a case without ammo and drop them off in the office's safe before school. They didn't allow them on busses though, so we had to either walk or get our folks to drive us.

When it was time for class, we'd go down to the office and get them, then make our way out behind the football field where they had a backstop mound. They'd go down the line and hand each of us a single 22 round. We'd chamber it when it was our turn and fire the round, then give the empty back to the teacher.

This wasn't Military school mind you, or a Jr ROTC. Just a school from a small farming community in the Midwest. Oh how things have changed.

Corbin

• Like 1

Wikipedia, which is at least supposed to be balanced had nothing positive to say about zero tolerance:

Zero-tolerance policies have been adopted in schools and other education venues in the United States and Canada. These policies are usually promoted as preventing drug abuse and violence in schools. In schools, common zero-tolerance policies concern possession or use of drugs or weapons. Students, and sometimes staff, parents, and other visitors, who possess a banned item or perform any prohibited action for any reason are automatically punished. School administrators are barred from using their judgment, reducing severe punishments to be proportional to minor offenses, or considering extenuating circumstances. Consequently, these policies are sometimes derided as "zero-intelligence policies".[26]

There is no credible evidence that zero tolerance reduces violence or drug abuse by students.[27][28][29]

The unintended negative consequences are clearly documented and sometimes severe:[28] school suspension and expulsion result in a number of negative outcomes for both schools and students.[27] Although the policies are "facially neutral", minority children are the most likely to suffer the negative consequences of zero tolerance.[30]

These policies have also resulted in embarrassing publicity for schools and have been struck down by the courts [31][32] and by Departments of Education, and they have been weakened by legislatures [33].