best and most reasonable ammo to fire in a Saiga 308

So on Saturday I purchased a Saiga 12 and now today I purchased a Saiga 308. For the 308 what is the best but also most reasonable ammo to shoot with it. I know tha the Hornady TAP is the best for defense but when it comes to be price conscience I want to shoot somehting that is good but not going to be terribly expensive. I was looking at the Magtech .308 which seems to be a nicely priced ammo but I don't know how good it is.

So please let me know what.

Thanks

Lee

Although not the quality you are talking about, I run wolf and the umc theyu have on sale sometimes at BIG 5. You will find that match grade ammo in a semi auto rifle will get expensive VERY fast. Never had a failure yet in about 750rds. The ones a BIG 5 have sealed primers also.

Trust me the damage done by a FMJ 308 is amazing, dont stress too much over stock piling HP or SP. It matter more that you try a box of several different types to find what your rifle likes. It will eat anything but it likes what it likes. Brown Bear, Silver Bear, Wolf, mil-surp, all will give slightly different results. I use a reconditioned brand that I will keep to myself and my rifle loves this stuff. Of course Remington and Winchester will give good results but at a cost.

SA is good stuff, Portuguese is good stuff, I also like Silver Bear SP, but truthfully I have yet to find anything that the S-.308 doesn't like. Better ammo is more accurate, but so far everything I have tried goes BANG!

Ah yeah forgot to mention if Im getting brass its going to be boxer primed. If anything makes reloading an advantage its a 308, the increase in accuracy alone is worth it even if you can get reloading costs well under what steel case costs. Of course it takes a while to recoup your cost of gear but that's life.