I need a muzzle device.... any suggestions welcome

I have an S12 that is one US part shy of me being able to use my Russian mag in it. My other S12 is GTG on compliance with the mag and has a Tromix 10 slot on it, but I want something shorter on the other S12.

It can be a flash hider, brake, or breacher. I am leaning toward the slant brake because of the size and I am wondering if it has any effect on recoil or not (anyone know?). For looks, I like the ETAC Mini Breacher Brake and it looks quite compact. I have seen all of these on CSS's site. Any other suggestions?

adding a break doesn't count as compliance unless you are removing a russian one

(in other words, the count is of total russian parts, not how many american parts you've added)

although maybe that thread cover counts as a brake, in which removing it would be helpful to reducing russian parts.. I'm not sure

on the 12s an american made gas puck is an easy substitution to remove one russian piece

Edited by volkov

I have an S12 that is one US part shy of me being able to use my Russian mag in it. My other S12 is GTG on compliance with the mag and has a Tromix 10 slot on it, but I want something shorter on the other S12.

It can be a flash hider, brake, or breacher. I am leaning toward the slant brake because of the size and I am wondering if it has any effect on recoil or not (anyone know?). For looks, I like the ETAC Mini Breacher Brake and it looks quite compact. I have seen all of these on CSS's site. Any other suggestions?

If you even weld or solder your thread protecter on so it can't be removed, that's +1 part.

I do like that mini breacher though....

Edited by Paulyski

The brakes are just there to look cool, they really don't do anything for recoil.

The flash hiders, I have no idea if they work or not.

The breachers? If you're not breaching doors, why bother looking like a wannabe.

Poly-Choke slotted or non slotted is a functional attachment, letting you manipulate and extend patterns with buck and birdshot.

Get a choke tube.

If I remove the Russian factory thread protector and replace it with a US made muzzle device (brake, breacher, FH, thread protector) I am GTG with the russian mag. What kind do you suggest and have you used a slant brake? Does it work at all? I have used them on non-shotgun AKs but never on a S12.

I already have a US puck, US fire control group, and US grip. I like the non-US furniture I have on it and I'm not attached to the muzzle device, so a muzzle device is my first choice to replace with a US part. All of my mags are US made except for one 5 round and one 8 round. I want to be able to use them legally in both S12s instead of just one S12.

The brakes are just there to look cool, they really don't do anything for recoil.

The flash hiders, I have no idea if they work or not.

The breachers? If you're not breaching doors, why bother looking like a wannabe.

Poly-Choke slotted or non slotted is a functional attachment, letting you manipulate and extend patterns with buck and birdshot.

Get a choke tube.

I would go with a choke if I wanted something in that size range. I just want a small US made device that looks better than a barrel nut. If it actually adds some type of benefit, great. I have the 10 slot Tromix FH and it is just way too long. The Polychokes look like they are close to the same size as the Tromix. I'll probably just get the ETAC. It looks nice.

i really like the etac slant i put on mine. as far as noticeable change in recoil, none really. i just thought it'd look cool and it only adds about an inch of length.

011.jpg

Edited by Snoofer

...non-slotted poly.

This.

Imo, it's the single most functional muzzle device you can buy for a S-12. The slotted version works well also, but it makes your gun loud as hell, adds unnecessary length to the barrel, (19" is already too long imo), and cleaning out those slots can be a major PITA.

Edited by post-apocalyptic

don't think the slant does anything, but if your just looking to replace a part just for te hell of it and you like that look.. go for it..

I prefer the chokes just because it adds a whole new factor to your gun.

Yeah the non slotted poly is a lot shorter and very functional. I ended up with the slotted one (was cheaper used I got a good deal off a forum member who no longer wanted his) and the slots can be a pain to clean! I use a dremel w/ nylon brush wheel attachment to clean out the slots and gas system though. Damn those slots get dirty fast especially with cheap bulk pack.

And that slant brake is new or what? That thing looks really cool. If you're just going for style/922r, get that one I'd say.

I have a set of factory Russian chokes and when I'm not using one of those, I just kept the factory thread protector on the barrel. I misplaced the thread protector at the range several months ago and while looking for a replacement came across a really slick ventilated barrel shroud at Mississippi Auto Arms, Inc. We put quite a few rounds through my Saigas at the range and the barrels due get toasty. Avoids singed fingers, serves an actual purpose. Also, looks menacing when looking down the business end.

MAAS12RTW002.JPG

Edited by FRC64

i really like the etac slant i put on mine. as far as noticeable change in recoil, none really. i just thought it'd look cool and it only adds about an inch of length.

011.jpg

Does the brake end up indexed when it get to the snug spot?

Function = #1

http://forum.saiga-1...opic=43443&st=0

If you just want cool looks, the Mini Talon I just got is pretty cool and not as sharp pointed as the Tromix Shark.

I read the thread about the adapters. Did you ever get the slotted ones? Do you have any without the criss-crossed cuts on the end? I'm still trying to figure out what is available, but a choke would be nice.

I also would have to say go with some type of choke. I have the hand adjustable poly choke II(soild) and it really dosent add that much length to the end of you barrel. I would say it adds less than 2 inches after its threaded all the way down.

Didnt know what pic was better flash or no flash.

post-8476-12706611546593_thumb.jpg

post-8476-12706611735375_thumb.jpg

post-8476-12706612082585_thumb.jpg

Edited by raidersfan_5544

I also would have to say go with some type of choke. I have the hand adjustable poly choke II(soild) and it really dosent add that much length to the end of you barrel. I would say it adds less than 2 inches after its threaded all the way down.

Didnt know what pic was better flash or no flash.

Looks clean and simple. So many options....