OMG FTF promag drum!

:lolol:

Now that I have your attention, here's a short vid of me running all three drums back to back. 12 rnd Promag, followed by 20 rnd promag followed by an MD20.

As you will see I did have a lazy feed with the promag 20. This was repeatable every time I tried it. I think it's because the opening in this gun is large enough to allow the promag 20 to rock under recoil and feed the hull nose slightly high. The promag 12 ran great and we spent hundreds of rounds that day!

The gun is a large mag opening 4 hole gun from early 2008. This is my "birdshot" gun. It has a heavier recoil spring and a Dr. Shoals recoil buffer. It runs 100% with federal 7-1/2 with the promag 12, the md20, all 4 of my agps, and one of my surefire 12s. The other surefire 12 feeds weird and I think it may be a lazy spring. I'm going to swap the spring with an AGP spring and test that out next time I get out.

The promag 20 ran great in the other 2 saiga 12s we ran it through.

My opinion is that the MD drum is the way to go for my birdshot gun because it's tailor fitted. The Promag 12 drum is very neat due to the compact size. The Promag 20 was a good entry level drum but with the price being equal I'd get the MD20 based purely on my shooting experience.

Here are the remains of the Mustang hood we were shooting at (long story, it flew up, shattered my windshield and was cracked in several places. Not a happy memory so I enjoyed sawing into 3 pieces with 500 rnds of 12 gauge :killer: )

Enjoy. :super:

post-9800-12710051431229_thumb.jpg

Did you have to change the gas setting to use them?

No, if you watch the vid you will see me transition straight from the 12 rnd promag, to the 20 rnd promag, to the MD 20. Earlier I was running through the surefire 12 rnd box mags on the same gas setting. The only gas mods to this gun is the gunfixer adjuster, and a HEAVIER recoil spring (more force because it's an over-gassed 4 hole-er).

I thought I posted in this thread earlier??? Now it's gone... So you know RRice?? Lol

Slug-O

This guy?

lol

Yeah I've known RRice for many years from back when he was a drag racer. He used to live near me but he was able to escape the ghetto.

I can't wait to finally get together and check out your suppressed Tromix. Speaking of which, I've been meaning to ask you: What is the OAL on your creation with the suppressor on the gun and with the stock extended to normal shooting position?

Did you have to change the gas setting to use them?

No, if you watch the vid you will see me transition straight from the 12 rnd promag, to the 20 rnd promag, to the MD 20. Earlier I was running through the surefire 12 rnd box mags on the same gas setting. The only gas mods to this gun is the gunfixer adjuster, and a HEAVIER recoil spring (more force because it's an over-gassed 4 hole-er).

Thanks , I have to change my gas setting to 2 in order to use my MD20, and I tried the gunfixer gasplug with no luck.

I will have to look into the promag drum.

I thought I posted in this thread earlier??? Now it's gone... So you know RRice?? Lol

Slug-O

This guy?

lol

Yeah I've known RRice for many years from back when he was a drag racer. He used to live near me but he was able to escape the ghetto.

I can't wait to finally get together and check out your suppressed Tromix. Speaking of which, I've been meaning to ask you: What is the OAL on your creation with the suppressor on the gun and with the stock extended to normal shooting position?

Thanks for hosting that.20 rounds of Federal flight control OO buck put a hurtin' on that hood(followed by the other 6 million rounds we put into it).

I have been meaning to post here that the pro mag drums Slug-O let us borrow gave us no issue to speak of.They didn't seem to like remington buck in my gun.However,neither does the MD arms.I probably put 250 rounds of federal through that 12rd drum and had no issues with it.

I have no real loyalty to any manufacturer other than the ones that I know make good stuff(MD arms is definitely on the short list with Tromix in my book) but based off my experience with these promag drums I have nothing bad to say about them.