I want a nut-sack - or do I?

I have been following all the chatter about the new Pro-Mag 12 round drum and so far it sounds pretty good.

My inclination as a collector is to buy one. But my cheap ass side says wait.... Mike is soon to release his double stack and Cameron is

on the verge of releasing an eight round steel mag.

While the urge is strong to get the "latest and greatest" I can't help but think who deserves my hard earned dollars.

Both Mike and Cameron have a long track record of quality products and I am sure their new releases will live up to that reputation.

Pro-Mag, on the other hand, appears to be trying to re-establish their reputation after some major failures.

I like the look of the twelve round drum and I am encouraged to hear of its functionality, but I can't help but think I would be better served to wait for products from vendors that have always produced quality products.

After being in business for my self for over twenty years I appreciate that you don't retain clients with apologies'.

You retain clients with consistent quality.

Just some random thoughts.

I will not buy any PROMAG products based on past experience's. I have been burned before and will not do it again. I do here others talking about this new drum working but it's too early to really tell in my opinion.

My MD-20 works.

I will have my third MD-20 shortly.

TYBOY

I will not buy any PROMAG products based on past experience's. I have been burned before and will not do it again. I do here others talking about this new drum working but it's too early to really tell in my opinion.

My MD-20 works.

I will have my third MD-20 shortly.

TYBOY

I just ordered some MD20s and I hope Mike makes a 12 rounder in the near future. I really want a 12 rounder and I will buy a few Promag units if I have to. Pretty much.... whoever is ready when I am ready....

double stack.....when/if Mike releases these you can say goodbye to all other mags/drums...MD20 included

That's true of some mags, but not all. I'm sure the Russian factory mags will still be popular, if for no other reason than they're Russian. I don't see MD double-stack mags as a replacement for MD20's, either. They won't have that high of a capacity.

^ That'd be sweet. I can personally only do 40.. without reloading a drum. :D

I probably would own 5 MD20's had I the disposable income. The only more dependable mag, (and that's debatable), I own is the factory 5.

Edited by post-apocalyptic

I probably would own 5 MD20's had I the disposable income. The only more dependable mag, (and that's debatable), I own is the factory 5.

Feast or famine is the norm for me. This month was feast.... gotta enjoy some of it when I can.

I gotta nuttsack right here for ya! ;)

But on a serious note, I like the "idea" of it, but not the look.

The clear plastic toy-tabs just gotta go.

Paulyski, that damn avatar of yours has my hypmotized! Who IS that chick?

Feast or famine is the norm for me. This month was feast.... gotta enjoy some of it when I can.

So you have 5 MD20's? Very nice! :up:

Edited by post-apocalyptic

So you have 5 MD20's? Very nice! :up:

Well.... I don't have them yet.... but they are ordered, lol. You guys talked me into it. I have all of you to blame, lol.

Paulyski,

Your avatar makes me want to wake my wife up and wear her out, lol.... she's asian :super: That has the be the best avatar on the whole sight.... if that shirt would just ride a touch higher. This has inspired me. Maybe we should start a thread and nominate people for best avatar. We could take the top four nominees and do a poll to find the winner.

It's up to you but I love mine. There built tough enougt for me. I'm not throwing my gun down a driveway..lol they work good it's just your opinion that only matters. If you lived close to me I would let you borrow one from me to help you choose...

Slug-O

I understand people being leery of the Promag drums. Some of their earlier products have been of poor quality. However, that is not true of the Promag compact drums. If you were to inspect one in person, you would see that they are clearly well made. There is no flex at all in the drum body, it is very strong. The back cover is not at all flimsy. The locking tabs for the back cover are fairly substantial. You could break one off if you tried hard enough, but they are not especially fragile. The feed lips are metal, as with the factory and AGP mags. The front lug is metal reinforced. They have a lifetime warranty. My advice is to buy one, try it out, and if you like it buy more. I liked the first two I bought so much that I ordered more. As for buying from vendors who have done great things for the Saiga community, I bought my compact drums from CSS; which has done plenty for the Saiga community. By the way, CSS has awesome customer service!

I wish Promag had a tinted cover on the 12 rounder. I don't think I'll get one until they are available tinted. I had some Promags back in the day that were shitty (non-S12, Tec 9 or something?), but it seems like the feedback here on the drums is all good, so far. I think they are worth a try and right now they are the only 12 round drum available for the S12. I have the 5 MD20s coming my way and it will be a while before I order any more mags for my S12s. Hopefully, Promag will have a tinted cover or MD will have doubles.... or a 12 round drum by the time I'm ready to drop some money on mags again.

I got one and it's very sloppy in my EAA s-12. Needs shims or more material under the lugs. Haven't shot it yet, but hand cycling isn't very promising!... It is cute though...

Macbeau sends...

Tell you what I will loan you my drum but you have to pay for the shipping to help make your choice easy! IM me your address

Slug-O

Hey Slug-o,

I hope everything went well. Were you talking to me or the OP about the loan?

I was talking to DaveM but if he does not want to try it, your welcome if he passes.. I can't shoot for a month so this offer is limited... Lol!!!

Slug-O

Hi Slugo,

That was right neighborly of you. I think I am going to hold off on the nut-sack for now. I've got another X39 project in the works

so getting one any time soon is not an option. I really do appreciate the offer though.beer.gif

I was talking to DaveM but if he does not want to try it, your welcome if he passes.. I can't shoot for a month so this offer is limited... Lol!!!

Slug-O

I'll just wait until you feel better and we'll go shoot somewhere. PM coming.