I'm in the market for a pistol... Anybody have experience with the CZ P07? Found a 9mm in town for cheap. $400 plus tax. Felt good in my hand and was really light. I like it so far and was wondering if anyone has had any problems that I can't see just holding it. I may try to find one of those new P07s in .40. I originally wanted one of the $700 hk p7 psp's at gander mountain but I don't have the attention span to save for one of those right now. Thanks in advance!

I'm in the market for a pistol... Anybody have experience with the CZ P07? Found a 9mm in town for cheap. $400 plus tax. Felt good in my hand and was really light. I like it so far and was wondering if anyone has had any problems that I can't see just holding it. I may try to find one of those new P07s in .40. I originally wanted one of the $700 hk p7 psp's at gander mountain but I don't have the attention span to save for one of those right now. Thanks in advance!

Looks like a great gun for the money. I personally carry Glocks as sidearms, but would have no problem carrying a CZ. If you like to shoot - 9MM ammo is available again at less than $10 for 50 rounds (Wally World). .40 is still considerably more, but widely available.

I've seen lots of back an forth but, the difference in a +P jacketed hollow point round between 9mm and 10mm (roughly .40 cal) is negligible IMO.

Have you had a chance to shoot a CZ? Maybe rent one at an indoor range first and then make up your mind. Glocks are available used in the same price range, and they are hard to beat for reliability.

JMHO

WS

Looks like a great gun for the money. I personally carry Glocks as sidearms, but would have no problem carrying a CZ. If you like to shoot - 9MM ammo is available again at less than $10 for 50 rounds (Wally World). .40 is still considerably more, but widely available.

I've seen lots of back an forth but, the difference in a +P jacketed hollow point round between 9mm and 10mm (roughly .40 cal) is negligible IMO.

Have you had a chance to shoot a CZ? Maybe rent one at an indoor range first and then make up your mind. Glocks are available used in the same price range, and they are hard to beat for reliability.

JMHO

WS

I love glocks and have shot many. I just want something different lol. I'm a gun nut and I absolutely love telling someone about a gun they don't recognise. Never shot a CZ which is why I'd like someone's opinion. I need to find an indoor range around here first, we always go shooting at an outdoor range out of town.

I can't speak for their polymer framed guns, but have owned a cz75b (bought for wife) for a year, and have nothing but good things to say about it. Wanting a cz-82 and or a P01. CZ's been around quite some time. I doubt you'll be disappointed.

Interesting... I don't shoot matches. I just shoot round after round after round... and I have never had a slide crack. I pull the trigger... the gun goes BOOM and there's a hole in the target right where I was pointing. Thousands upon thousands of rounds... thousands upon thousands of holes, no cracks in the slide, no failures.

Your account reminds me of a stiff breeze coming off the Fort Worth stockyards in mid August.

I have a couple of 75Bs and P01. No experience with the P07 but accuracy and reliability should be excellent as with all the CZ pistols I've shot.

I did have a CZ in .40 and sold it... didn't like the round and it had problems extracting once every few mags, which was fixed with an extractor switch. But I ended up consolidating around 9mm. I'm with the other poster who feels .40 doesn't gain you much over 9mm +P.

But if it's what you want, for $400 go for it... that's an awesome price!

I bought one when they first came out. My had the "sticky mag" problem. They would not drop free. And the bullets or the spring had a slight rattle when the mag was fully loaded. Later I learned that the rattle is normal. Overall I liked the gun. Shot great. I could have sent it in to get the mag problem fixed but at that time there were no holsters for this gun and I had bought it for CC. Traded it for a CZ75 Compact.

I bought one when they first came out. My had the "sticky mag" problem. They would not drop free. And the bullets or the spring had a slight rattle when the mag was fully loaded. Later I learned that the rattle is normal. Overall I liked the gun. Shot great. I could have sent it in to get the mag problem fixed but at that time there were no holsters for this gun and I had bought it for CC. Traded it for a CZ75 Compact.

CZ75 Compact is a good gun too. I remember reading an article about European designed handguns somewhere about the mags being made to not drop free when the mag release is pressed. Something about aiding in mag retention. Drop-free mags were more of an American feature in combat handguns. There does appear to be a shift in that doctrine among the Europeans, though as more manufacturers see the practicality of a drop-free magazine design for a fighting handgun. The mags in my 75b aren't drop-free either.

Interesting... I don't shoot matches. I just shoot round after round after round... and I have never had a slide crack. I pull the trigger... the gun goes BOOM and there's a hole in the target right where I was pointing. Thousands upon thousands of rounds... thousands upon thousands of holes, no cracks in the slide, no failures.

Your account reminds me of a stiff breeze coming off the Fort Worth stockyards in mid August.

While I wish I had the time or give a crap about what you know or don’t know about the old days of IPSC shooting with a 175 power factor to make major.

I’ll explain this part. At the time people were using 9x19 loads to get to that major scoring factor it required a 147 grain bullet to go 1,191 fps,

a 124 grain bullet to go 1,412 fps,

and a 115 grain bullet to go 1,522 fps.

with the fact match shooter do: Thousands upon thousands of rounds :killer:

Several brands of guns (if not all at some point) broke not just Glocks (which I happen to like well enough that I have a few of them, with a 17L that's seen more shells I would bet than any of your's) but what always struck me as odd was the molded frames never seems to have the problem (where the other guns had both frame, slide, and barrel failures) it was always the slide and some barrels made out of steel on the Glocks that failed.

At some point IPSC and USPSA both lowered the power factor to 160 or 165 and USPSA still has a minimum of 9x21 for making major.

Like everything else Glock is a good gun but they can be destroyed by loading them to a point so hot of shooting molten lead out the barrel.

Again Fantastic Plastic and Have a Nice Day.

:lolol::lolol::lolol: p.s. wanted to add it’s always great to be on a forum where everyone has mutual respect for each other. :lolol::lolol::lolol:

Edited by going12220

Looks like a good deal just based on the price if your using it for a plinker, don't really know anything about these guns. If your really looking for something in the .40 there are a gazillion glock 22 and 23s for around $300.00 to $350.00 out there at the moment.

Waffen and Going continue battle royal.....

Jokes aside your both right. If you load your own ammo and you make it hot as shit, your eventually going to make something go boom, thats just a fact. So yes ISPC shooters who used roll your owns for competition probably cracked a slide or two. As far as the plastic mold frame exploding (like you would expect) all that action is going on in the barrel and the slide so it would not make any sense for the grip to "explode".

If you use factory loads I think it would literally be impossible to kill a Glock, I've tried and have yet to succeed.

On the other hand when your trying to get 9x25 dillion ballistics out of 9x18 brass that's just plain ignorant.

Oh yeah and as far as having a dick measuring contest on who's shot more you should really just see who can eat more pie....

enter rant below.

:drevil: :drevil: :drevil: :drevil: :drevil:

Wish you’d thrown down that pie challenge before I went to lunch. :rolleyes:

I guess I just have one of those faces :devil: that regardless of what someone’s feels obligated to yell “Bullshit” or stockyard.

I would hope that the reader takes everything written on this forum with a gain of salt. Seeing how I don’t know any of you :blues: people from the man in the moon I don’t give a crap what is thought of my background. I just get tired of the negative remarks once in a while and sometimes try to explain and other times just say screw you too. :haha:

By the way the reviews on the gun in question here say it's a good buy.

Any way about that pie… :super:

Edited by going12220

I have the P-07 and I like it. It feel so much better on the hand for me comparing to the Glock 22. Mine does have the bulge in the frame and mag release problem. The mag doesn't release freely. I am still debating whether I should send it back for repair. Overall, this is a very accurate gun. It was my first CZ. I like it so much, I bought another CZ (P-01).

Edited by Jdzz

agreed

whole thing's silly when I look at it

I might have missed what Kevin was saying about poly frames and was saying don't worry about the frame they're great

Waf thought I was trashing glocks but instead of asking me to explain he just insults me

seems to be the common trend on this forum sometimes you just have to let it go

this time I took it as more of a "teachable moment"

didn't even go into the problems they had with some of the early police issue guns

the guy got the gun and now we can all live in peace again until the next time

worst part is I don't think Yarps going to get us the pies, damn the bad luck

agreed

whole thing's silly when I look at it

I might have missed what Kevin was saying about poly frames and was saying don't worry about the frame they're great

Waf thought I was trashing glocks but instead of asking me to explain he just insults me

seems to be the common trend on this forum sometimes you just have to let it go

this time I took it as more of a "teachable moment"

didn't even go into the problems they had with some of the early police issue guns

the guy got the gun and now we can all live in peace again until the next time

worst part is I don't think Yarps going to get us the pies, damn the bad luck

Lets call a spade a spade. You WERE Glock bashing - and specifically Glock bashing. And you are correct, my response was to call bullshit on it - and I believe, rightly so. Perhaps in your circles there were those who chose to use irresponsibly hot loads to achieve a competitive advantage. Doing this kind of stuff is moronic. Tantamount to professional athletes juicing to achieve an edge.

However, when their balls shrivel to the size of lima beans, and things start to go wrong with their bodies - it is hardly just to blame anything but their own actions for the consequences.

Lets get the record straight. No one went negative about anything - until you disparaged a platform that is common to both Glocks and CZ's, and a number of other firearms without also pointing out that the loads being used were far beyond the specifications and capabilities of the platform.

Further, you made these statements without citing a single specific and identifiable example where this had occurred, with what load, to whom and at what event, which brings the veracity/value of your claims/recollections into question.

If you wish this to be a teachable moment - you continue to have every opportunity to make it so. Kindly state with specificity, when these events occurred, to whom, under what circumstances, and what loads or overloads were being used to cause the problems. Otherwise, I don't believe there is anything to be learned here.

You are correct. I may have been unfairly dismissive of your claims. If so I apologize and make clear the way for you to educate us.

stuff owned by a glock basher

note usually I just bash para ordinance cause that's what my bother-in-law uses (don't really care one way or the other just jerking him around), but he'll get a kick out of me being called a glock basher.

and I knew this was going to end without the pies.

post-20842-12721220799635_thumb.jpg

Edited by going12220

i can explain for you lone star.....

back in the day for comp you had to have a certain "power factor" to make "major", this was a formula for finding "power"

it used to be higher so people would load the 9mm so hot it would make this minimum so the shots they put on target count the same as say a .45 or 10mm

it caused problems.....it led to the invention of new rounds....9x25 dillon

but it also broke stuff and fucked up peoples wrist....

the 9mm major was wearing stuff out quick.....

they dropped the "power factor" down 15 or 20 or so and then you can get major with 9mm without having to "worry"

if you love 40....or whatever and you shoot a 115gr 9mm at nearly 1500fps out of a pistol.....you would not doubt the 9 again.......

think of it not as overloaded but as a different load.....

9mm parabellum was used by the brits and whatnot and opperated at a lower pressure than say the german 9mm luger....

so while externally the 9mm parabellum and the 9mm luger were the same(keep in mind i'm talking 1930's-50's)

if you fired luger ammo out of your "parabellum" it might just blow the fuck up......

after years(getting to normaler times) the rounds were "equalized"

this is why lugers have gotten the "unreliable" aspect hung on them....its because your running pussy ammo thru it.....

the 9 can be loaded way way hotter than wwb, or +p levels which is 105%

the old glocks with the "npv" have been proofed with 130% loads........

actually when they were first tested they had to run like 15000 rounds and then be proofed again.....to make sure they could hold up to it

these old 9mm major loads were kind of like proof loads......just they used so many of them they proofed the slide into pieces.....

not a glock bashed.....not gonna knock the cz's(tho my p01 had the redisigned trigger and it pinched my finger so i sold it)

will knock the xd's

going isn't hating on you or glocks Lone star.....you just didn't know what he was talking about....

they were using old ideas.......like if i comp this gun i have to make it have more muzzle blast so the comp will work.....adding recoil to aid in quicker follow up shots.....if you dont get what i'm talking about dont worry its ok......

i can explain for you lone star.....

back in the day for comp you had to have a certain "power factor" to make "major", this was a formula for finding "power"

it used to be higher so people would load the 9mm so hot it would make this minimum so the shots they put on target count the same as say a .45 or 10mm

it caused problems.....it led to the invention of new rounds....9x25 dillon

but it also broke stuff and fucked up peoples wrist....

the 9mm major was wearing stuff out quick.....

they dropped the "power factor" down 15 or 20 or so and then you can get major with 9mm without having to "worry"

if you love 40....or whatever and you shoot a 115gr 9mm at nearly 1500fps out of a pistol.....you would not doubt the 9 again.......

think of it not as overloaded but as a different load.....

9mm parabellum was used by the brits and whatnot and opperated at a lower pressure than say the german 9mm luger....

so while externally the 9mm parabellum and the 9mm luger were the same(keep in mind i'm talking 1930's-50's)

if you fired luger ammo out of your "parabellum" it might just blow the fuck up......

after years(getting to normaler times) the rounds were "equalized"

this is why lugers have gotten the "unreliable" aspect hung on them....its because your running pussy ammo thru it.....

the 9 can be loaded way way hotter than wwb, or +p levels which is 105%

the old glocks with the "npv" have been proofed with 130% loads........

actually when they were first tested they had to run like 15000 rounds and then be proofed again.....to make sure they could hold up to it

these old 9mm major loads were kind of like proof loads......just they used so many of them they proofed the slide into pieces.....

not a glock bashed.....not gonna knock the cz's(tho my p01 had the redisigned trigger and it pinched my finger so i sold it)

will knock the xd's

going isn't hating on you or glocks Lone star.....you just didn't know what he was talking about....

they were using old ideas.......like if i comp this gun i have to make it have more muzzle blast so the comp will work.....adding recoil to aid in quicker follow up shots.....if you dont get what i'm talking about dont worry its ok......

Obviously I didn't get it at first... And, after your well informed explanation, I find your need to end your informative post with condescension disappointing.

Have a nice day, and enjoy your pies wherever you find them :)

• 2 weeks later...