Are Saigas no longer being exported from Russia?

Pardon my ignorance in such things.. Will we ever see Veprs again? I was under the impression they had gone away forever into the corn field.

I doubt it... though not impossible. I asked this question on another forum and it sounds like Molot is no longer completely shuttered, but running at reduced capacity. Since Izhmash now owns them and is having financial troubles of their own, who knows what will happen. It's not clear what exactly they are producing right now for Izhmash.

Apparently Molot had some difficulties with the US importers, and this was one of several reasons that VEPRs dried up so quickly. Izhmash seems to be in good standing with their importer, but they have products of their own that still haven't made it over here (like the Saiga 22). So I'm guessing even if Izhmash has some VEPRs laying around, they aren't making it a high priority to jump through legal hoops to export them. I also can't imagine them letting all that machinery at Molot just sit unused, so here's to hoping.

Since Izhmash now owns them and is having financial troubles of their own, who knows what will happen.

Ah shit, here we go again.

Those articles that trumpeted Izhmash as being "in financial trouble" have all been found to be false.

Everybody loves the bad news, and the good news is hardly acknowledged. . .

Pardon my ignorance in such things.. Will we ever see Veprs again? I was under the impression they had gone away forever into the corn field.

ROBINSON ARMS was the only importer of them, I don't know if it was exclusive contract or something ROBINSON ARMS paid them to have made just for them.