Are Saigas no longer being exported from Russia?

he is BSing you. to me it sounds like he is sitting on a bunch of SAIGAs that isn't moving, so he came up with that to get you to buy one, or 2

never underestimate what some dealers will sink low enough to, to sell their wares.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

I was just at my local stocking Saiga dealer and in conversation they said that Saigas will no longer be exported from Russia. Is this right, has anybody heard anything like this?

just go to any gun show,and you`ll see plenty!

The dealer I ordered mine from told me the same thing, but after I placed my order. Don't know why he would tell me that just to make a sale since I already had paid for it. He said nomore were being imported and I'm "lucky i got mine when I did." I thought he was bullshitting til I saw this post.

The dealer I ordered mine from told me the same thing, but after I placed my order. Don't know why he would tell me that just to make a sale since I already had paid for it.

he was probably hoping that you would buy another, after hearing that. like I said, never underestimate what some dealer will sink to, to make sales.

It's likely they're trying to sell off their existing stock before prices drop any further. Esp those the bought a boat load during the Obama scare, when I bought mine, lol. Shoot I can already get an S12 for far less than what I paid for it. But it was still worth it. And the lower prices just encourage me to buy another.

The dealer I ordered mine from told me the same thing, but after I placed my order. Don't know why he would tell me that just to make a sale since I already had paid for it. He said nomore were being imported and I'm "lucky i got mine when I did." I thought he was bullshitting til I saw this post.

I was told the EXACT same thing from Sovereign Guns of NC, after i bought my S-12 from them...whats going on with all the propaganda if theres not truth to it...

I was told the EXACT same thing from Sovereign Guns of NC, after i bought my S-12 from them...whats going on with all the propaganda if theres not truth to it...

Same here. I ordered a 5.45 from Classic Arms and had to cancel the order and go elsewhere. They told me they were out and their distributer could not get them going forward.

I DID end of getting mine from Peach State anyway ;) I'm not sure about the supply out there, maybe one or two large distributors are getting out the Saiga game and this is the result. ClassicArms is in NC too, so it could be that... Doesn't mean imports are totally halted. However, it is strange.

That's where I ordered my S12 and who told me.

...whats going on with all the propaganda if theres not truth to it...

I don't know, but this exact rumor starts every other year or so. And the DD rumor too...

whats the "DD" rumor?

That the Saiga 12 will be reclassified as a Destructive Device.

I don't know, but this exact rumor starts every other year or so. And the DD rumor too...

whats the "DD" rumor?

Forgive my ignorance, but what does that mean?

That shop is very local to me and I may have to go up there tomorrow and ask them about that BS. I think I will as a matter of fact. It is weird though, they are usually a VERY good shop. Maybe he is sitting on some or something.

whats the "DD" rumor?

Forgive my ignorance, but what does that mean?

Basically, a weapon over .50 cal is considered a DD by default unless it has a "sporting purpose". 12-gauge shotguns are over .50 cal. In the first half of the 90's, the Clinton administration instructed the BATFE to reclassify a few shotguns as DDs, including the Streetsweeper and USAS-12, by stating that they had no sporting purpose.

Every couple of years, people start freaking out that for some reason or other, Saiga-12s will be reclassified in the same manner. The ATF has stated that it does not intend to do so.

Saigas have been imported by at least three different companies over the years, and there have always been periods when they are unavailable for a while. Nothing alarming. Every time they start to dry up rumors start spreading, and a month or two later and they are everywhere again.

I went up to Sovereign guns today and asked them about what they were telling people. The response I received was they bought about a hundred and their dealer told them that was the last he would be able to get because they weren't importing them any more. I told them that they were being BSed or were BSing. They were already at a good price. (525) No need for the hype. I found one up the road for 499 today though. That's down 100 bucks in the same store I bought mine at 1 year ago for 599.

part of the confusion is in that the MOLOT factory is really hurting right now, so we arent seeing veprs coming in these days.

Pardon my ignorance in such things.. Will we ever see Veprs again? I was under the impression they had gone away forever into the corn field.