The Golden Age of 7.62x39 Ammo has begun

this is a great price on ammo. to bad im broke at the moment also. Last time i was at Gander, wolf was 8$/box, brown bear was 9/box, and golden bear was 12$/box. They even wanted 350$ for a sealed can of brown bear. No suprise, I didnt buy any that day.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just went to that site, and I don't consider 260 + $20 shipping for 1000 rounds of Wolf MC that great of a deal. I got 1000 rounds of Brown Bear for 228 shipped from Military Shooters; I also got i

I have to say, I just got my shipment from www.Luckygunner.com and not only was the price great, but I got the shipment in 2 days.

Roger that. I used to be big on buying silver and gold, but now I steadily pump more money in to two areas -- ammunition and food (in five gallon buckets, # 10 cans, and foil pouches). At last estim

Posted Images

just came in. looked through random boxes. primers slightly different. doens't look in bad condition hope all goes well at the range this weekend. sorry bout the cell phone pic but camera down for the count.

post-7194-12736998219878_thumb.jpg

post-7194-12737003803741_thumb.jpg

post-7194-12737003921469_thumb.jpg

Edited by leadslinger

It looks like there is no lead can to seal that stuff unless you removed it and restocked it in the box. If so that explains the visible difference between the two yugo types. that lead container really makes a difference. As I said before both fire flawlessly and yield good accuracy even for a half blind old man like myself.

It looks like there is no lead can to seal that stuff unless you removed it and restocked it in the box. If so that explains the visible difference between the two yugo types. that lead container really makes a difference. As I said before both fire flawlessly and yield good accuracy even for a half blind old man like myself.

Bingo, the lack of a seal means the restocked white box ammo could be problematic.

thanks for the pics guys. Now i understand the difference. well there is no way to tell but to take random boxes out to the range and give them a whirl. I guess you live and learn. I didn't pay attention to the details as classic arms has pics and a decent deal on the vary same stuff either 1260 case or to cut the shipping weight and cost they will repack in 50 cal can 1000 rounds.

Edited by leadslinger

Either work flawlessly at the range so outside of that nice shinny brass condition we all like vs a bit of tarnish the difference is moot. Unless.... you plan to do long term storage in variable environments in which case sealed is far better. If its going under your bed I doubt it would make any difference in a few years. But now that you know you can ask the seller ahead of time.

"lead can" pics or explain further. I do have some ammo cans i can transfer rounds to.

Like this, or like a 'spam can'.

Or exactly like this:

yugo_prvi.jpg

Mine came exactly like this today, I can't bring myself to break the lead seal on the latches as this is "Stash Ammo" :)

Nice pics bigsal. That lead box looks cool.

It's kind of you and leadslinger to share images of the product so many of us research/debate prior to purchase.

Thanks.

I agree, I am great, but the pictures are not mine.

Update on my batch of ammo. I was a little surprised as the old Barnaul hunting Hp i have seemed to have more of a report and recoil then this ammo. This Yugo ammo does seem to shoot flatter but i had about 8% light primer strikes. I was able to put the ammo back (after waiting a significant amount of time) and they all worked.

Any one have this happen with the lead sealed ammo?

this was a little disappointing but its going to be used for range ammo so i can put up with a small frustration while taking my small savings and putting back into the ammo purchase kitty.

I am thinking about starting to reload this bad boys. Need to start researching the various tips. I wander easier to get equipment to deal with the berdan(sp) primers or just drill them for boxer?

Update on my batch of ammo. I was a little surprised as the old Barnaul hunting Hp i have seemed to have more of a report and recoil then this ammo. This Yugo ammo does seem to shoot flatter but i had about 8% light primer strikes. I was able to put the ammo back (after waiting a significant amount of time) and they all worked.

Any one have this happen with the lead sealed ammo?

this was a little disappointing but its going to be used for range ammo so i can put up with a small frustration while taking my small savings and putting back into the ammo purchase kitty.

I am thinking about starting to reload this bad boys. Need to start researching the various tips. I wander easier to get equipment to deal with the berdan(sp) primers or just drill them for boxer?

Good to hear they are all working for you. I will shoot some of the lead sealed stuff on Sunday and let you all know the results. But I don't forsee any issues having shot this stuff before.

Century has 1K of Russian 7.62x39 for $209 delivered. Same price for 1K of .223. This is the cheapest I have seen for more than a year

do you mean centerfiresystems?

Edited by bigsal

Mine came exactly like this today, I can't bring myself to break the lead seal on the latches as this is "Stash Ammo" :)

meh.. they'll make more..

If you open it only enough to get one box out to test, which I do, you can reseal it with JB weld and if done right that will be water and air tight. Smooth and clean counts more than quantity on JB, cover the JB with plastic food wrap and place a book or something on top for pressure for 12 hours. Use Marine JB if you can but not a huge deal. As I have pointed out if you wanted to err bury the box for any reason give the box a good coat of marine quality polyurethane available at any decent hw store.

Century has 1K of Russian 7.62x39 for $209 delivered. Same price for 1K of .223. This is the cheapest I have seen for more than a year

do you mean centerfiresystems?

Yeah, thanks for pointing it out

I actually only figured it out after checking my mail and finding the centerfire add, thanks for posting about it. Century does have a deal on 5.45x39 when you purchase over 500$ worth you get free shipping, but nothing good on 7.62x39.

What brand of russian ammo is it that Centerfiresystems has for that price, Wolf of something like Tula or Uly.

Its Tula, probably the same shit Cabellas sells under their branding. I wish it was Uly, Id buy shit tons if it was.