K-Var selling Saiga Shotguns?

Looks like it. Nothing is cheap from K-Var.

Well being a mod here have you heard anything about RAA loosing the contract with Izzy? That would be the only reason I could think of for our friends in Las Vegas importing these at all...

The only deal I see possibly selling at the moment is the SGL-XXX .223 with std side folder for $699..

Ammo is dropping for 223.. so thats the next thing to start selling out maybe..

The NEW 5.45 is UGLY with the extra large folder mechanism... IMHO.. and the $8XX price tag is :lolol:

Someone (OUR vendors) had the S12 for $479 last week I think... :killer:

• Like 1

The only deal I see possibly selling at the moment is the SGL-XXX .223 with std side folder for $699..YOU MEAN SLR, NOT SGL. THAT IS A BULGARIAN RIFLE

Ammo is dropping for 223.. so thats the next thing to start selling out maybe..

The NEW 5.45 is UGLY with the extra large folder mechanism... IMHO.. and the $8XX price tag is :lolol:

Someone (OUR vendors) had the S12 for $479 last week I think... :killer:

Well, I agree the price is crazy, I think there are a few outlets with them in the $450-$469 range. What is more interesting to me is who is going to be the importer for these things in the near future.

Edited by bigsal

There can only be ONE importer, from all I've heard. Maybe K Var just picked up a distributorship?

I don't think thats the case here, on their website it says the following: "Manufactured at the World Famous Izmash Legion Factory in Russia, imported directly through Arsenal Inc Las Vegas".

That sentence kinda throws out the idea of a distributor relationship with RAA in my mind. But who knows if they are being accurate...

• Like 1

After going and looking at their site, it looks like you're right. I doubt very seriously if RAAC is in any danger of losing their importer status though. Legion is not Izhmash. Wasn't there a big stink a while back when those rifles got imported with complete front ends?

• Like 1

After going and looking at their site, it looks like you're right. I doubt very seriously if RAAC is in any danger of losing their importer status though. Legion is not Izhmash.

Well, judging by how they introduced the SGL-10 (in sportster configuration first) I would imagine we will see pre-converted units from them shortly.

Quote from KVARs site: " Made using only new mil spec. parts"

Well then.... I guess I can't wait until someone converts one so I can get my hands on some of that 'mil spec.' furniture and a 'mil spec.' fire control group. They intend to sell these for $529 to people that don't know any better.

• Like 1

Well then.... I guess I can't wait until someone converts one so I can get my hands on some of that 'mil spec.' furniture and a 'mil spec.' fire control group. They intend to sell these for $529 to people that don't know any better.

Well its literally the same unit as RAA is getting. The issue is not with quality but rather with price point and the availability of continued product out of competing importers.

You overlooked their $899 5.45 Saiga with a pistol grip and front end conversion...

Sure, it's got a folder, but it's the lazy, cheap leave the tang and put on this ugly block folder... for NINE HUNDRED DOLLARS!

• Like 1

Well being a mod here have you heard anything about RAA loosing the contract with Izzy? That would be the only reason I could think of for our friends in Las Vegas importing these at all...

Nope, sure haven't heard anything like that.

My Spidy-Sense tells me that we will know soon enough...

Edited by bigsal

Well its literally the same unit as RAA is getting. The issue is not with quality but rather with price point and the availability of continued product out of competing importers.

I was being sarcastic about them supposedly 'being made using only "mil spec" parts'. I guess they are trying to tell us that the sporter 'fudd' stock and goofy trigger setup are "mil spec." :lolol: Yeah, I can see the Spetz carrying a sporterized S12.

• Like 1

I was being sarcastic about them supposedly 'being made using only "mil spec" parts'. I guess they are trying to tell us that the sporter 'fudd' stock and goofy trigger setup are "mil spec." :lolol: Yeah, I can see the Spetz carrying a sporterized S12.

My Spidy-Sense tells me you need to work on your delivery. +1's all around though.

Yes, KVAR is the spawn of the Devil but they do have them on sale for $469 which is OK of a price in todays $200 more than they should be selling for market.

I have had nothing but good experiences with K-Var.

• Like 2

Spidey sense huh? Joined last night just before midnight as a business member. I have never purchased anything from them, but the only bad thing I have ever heard was they were a little high on prices. If it means fast delivery, good customer service and nice products, I personally don't mind paying a premium.

Bigsal, is it true they are the only distributer for the SGL-12's?

Edited by Stansplace
  • Like 1
I have never purchased anything from them, but the only bad thing I have ever heard was they were a little high on prices. If it means fast delivery, good customer service and nice products, I personally don't mind paying a premium.

I don't mind either. And there are some things regarding AKs that you will have a hard time finding if not through K-Var.

• Like 1

Spidey sense huh? Joined last night just before midnight as a business member. I have never purchased anything from them, but the only bad thing I have ever heard was they were a little high on prices. If it means fast delivery, good customer service and nice products, I personally don't mind paying a premium.

Ask them! I just have Spidey-Sense....

• Like 1

Ask them! I just have Spidey-Sense....

Of course they will tell me that they are. I will look around tho. I don't believe it.

• Like 1

We will be the only distributor carrying the Saiga 12 gauges that are imported by Arsenal Inc., K-Var will only be selling the SGL12's directly to the public and not to dealers at this time. SGL12 is arsenals model # for the Saiga 12. As far as I know RAA will still be importing Saiga 12 gauges as well.

• Like 1