Is Saiga Being Sued

I tried to have a local gunsmith order a 7.62x39 about an hr ago.

He told me Saiga is being sued, and all the Saiga rifles are going fast.

The price of a 7.62x39 is now up to $600.

Has anyone heard similar news, or is this fellow trying to pull a fast one.

Some dealers tell folks things like that to sell their stock at increased prices....I noticed several on Gunbroker for around $ 350.00, which with shipping would make them under $ 400.00 delivered to your FFL,

Saiga is the name of a product not a company, and you can't sue a product obviously. That's like saying someone is sueing "iPod", "42 inch Plasma TV", or "Fillet O' Fish meal large size with a Coke" which equally make no sense.

Now if the guy knew enough to tell you either Izhmash or Russian American Armory was being sued, then you might not want to roll your eyes just yet because at least the guy would know the name of the companies involved. Otherwise just go ahead and roll your eyes at ignorance when you see it.

Edited by stix213
  • Like 2

Saiga is the name of a product not a company, and you can't sue a product obviously. That's like saying someone is sueing "iPod", "42 inch Plasma TV", or "Fillet O' Fish meal large size with a Coke" which equally make no sense.

Now if the guy knew enough to tell you either Izhmash or Russian American Armory was being sued, then you might not want to roll your eyes just yet because at least the guy would know the name of the companies involved. Otherwise just go ahead and roll your eyes at ignorance when you see it.

...in all fairness, Fillet O' Fish is being sued for aggravated rape as we speak...

fish-love.jpg

• Like 3

I wish I had a $1 every time a subject like this came up....lol

God, you aren't kidding man!!

Where do these jackass gunsmiths and Gun Store Owners come from???

At least once every other week this is brought up!

Your gunstore tryng to pull a fast one on you, but in all fairness, how the @$%% did you not realize it?

Unlike in america where lawsuits are the norm, in Russia you don't sue the main weapons manufacturer.. and saiga isn't even a company.. I've heard this kind of crap before but this takes the cake for stupidity.

• Like 1

I genuinely have no idea why gun deals try and bullshit people like this. 20 years ago? Sure. But in 2010, where the guy can google what bullshit the dealer's telling him on his cell phone while still in a gun shop?

These pricks have a lot of nerve. I made up my mind a long time ago not to give a single penny of my money for guns/ammo/range to any places that gouges prices or spits out bullshit.

Gun manufacturers are protected from lawsuits in this country, so I would say this is BS.

Edited by auburn2

That gunsmith is most likely full of shit and trying to take you for a sucker.Kick 'im in the nuts.

I swear I was going to post the exact same thing, LOL!

Great minds think alike.:rolleyes:

I like to go to a gun show before I buy something to get an idea of real world pricing. I really don't understand pricing on the any stuff. Go into a Gander Mountain and the used guns cost as much as the new ones elsewhere. I really don't like the idea of buying anything online and dealing with sending it to an FFL. I guess I have trust issues.