48, New York

Population: 19,541,453

NICS background checks per 100,000 residents: 3,047

okay, now take into account I bought 4 guns in the last year...

Just think, you walk by 100 people on the street, and you're better armed than all of them. That's nothing to sneeze at.

It's nice to know that NH is the best represented in New England. Hope to add to that soon.

Also, this survey would be skewed by the number of CHL holders in any state, who do not have their names/purchases presented for background checks. More CHL's=fewer NICS checks.

JMHO..

guido

Wow,

Texas's poor showing surprises me!!

Thanx man

In Texas, it is not required to use a Nics check for a gun sale. I assume there are more than reported by a large degree.

28, South Carolina

Population: 4,561,242

NICS background checks per 100,000 residents: 11,578

I just added to this when I moved here. :super:

Hopefully will be adding some more as soon as I switch my driver's license over.

I like that All of Kentucky is armed and 34% have a backup weapon.... (KY per 100,000 Residents - 134,000 Background Checks)

Now I believe it is supposed to be 34,000 but it's not what it says. 134,000 background checks for every 100,000 people. NICE. :)

Most of us have back-ups for our back-ups.....and back-ups for those back-ups. :D

Yeah, I bet VT is higher up the list than its ranked here. You can do face to face sales easily, no CCW exists, you can just carry. I'm sure VT is packing major heat. As for CT ranking #19, shit, that's probably my fault. Without me it would be down around 40 :lolol:

I love that about AK and VT, no need for a CCW permit.

I've been adding to AK's total. I just picked up an x39 Saiga a month ago.