So I realized I don't have any 9mm's around and have decided I needed to fix that since the ammo is cheap and can provide hours of fun. After looking at the G17, I decided that it just looked too weird to me, the feel is not what I like. I stumbled across the G19, and immediately fell in love with it's looks, size, ergonomics and concealability. So my question for you all to answer is this: What are your opinions of it? Is it worth getting? Also, I am getting a G30 as well, so I don't need to worry about recommendations for a larger caliber.

So I realized I don't have any 9mm's around and have decided I needed to fix that since the ammo is cheap and can provide hours of fun. After looking at the G17, I decided that it just looked too weird to me, the feel is not what I like. I stumbled across the G19, and immediately fell in love with it's looks, size, ergonomics and concealability. So my question for you all to answer is this: What are your opinions of it? Is it worth getting? Also, I am getting a G30 as well, so I don't need to worry about recommendations for a larger caliber.

I was almost dead set on the G19 as my first handgun. I did all the research, and has handled/shot one before. If you do any research, you'll find that the G19 is very well received. You can't go wrong with it, if you want a 9mm.

I agree, the size of it is damn near perfect for me too, and just "feels right". (It's the same size as the G23) I found my buddy's G22 (which is the same size as the G17) to not fit me as well, just like you said.

So in my new-to-Glocks-but-have-done-a-ton-of-research opinion..........I would get it, if you want a 9mm. Besides, it's "The AK of the handgun world"! :D Really though, you've already said you fell in love with the ergo's and concealability, so I see no reason not to get it.

That's just my humble $.02 on the matter.

I was almost dead set on the G19 as my first handgun. I did all the research, and has handled/shot one before. If you do any research, you'll find that the G19 is very well received. You can't go wrong with it, if you want a 9mm.

I agree, the size of it is damn near perfect for me too, and just "feels right". (It's the same size as the G23) I found my buddy's G22 (which is the same size as the G17) to not fit me as well, just like you said.

So in my new-to-Glocks-but-have-done-a-ton-of-research opinion..........I would get it, if you want a 9mm. Besides, it's "The AK of the handgun world"! :D Really though, you've already said you fell in love with the ergo's and concealability, so I see no reason not to get it.

Your $.02 are much appreciated. After I saw your thread on your G23, I looked around and what all I had, because I knew I wanted a glock, so I checked the caliber of all the weapons I had only to discover I don't have a 9mm. So I figured I may as well look at a Glock for that too since I really don't care for the 92FS. I'm glad I'm getting positive feedback on it, as there's going to be another gun show next weekend where I'll be making my purchase (hopefully!). I was never really into 9mm, and often disregarded it altogether, but after going out to get a box of 380 and seeing the price of 9mm compared to that of the 380, I knew 9mm was the way to go for bulk buying and shooting for handguns.

I agree, the G19 is great. I just got another G22 although this time it's the Gen 4 and since there's a stupid 1 handgun per month law in my state, I have to wait to get my CCW which is a G23. Eventually, I plan to get the G19 Gen 3 RTF 2.

The only flaw I can see is that the new buffer spring design in the G19 Gen 4 does not improve upon the pistol from Gen 3 to Gen 4 as it does in the 40 cal. I think the issue is merely the recoil reduction isn't an improvement, which shouldn't be an issue for a 9mm. I haven't gotten my hands on the Gen 4 G19 or G17, but supposedly, the recoil doesn't change from Gen 3 to Gen 4.

The Gen 4's are also considered a more reliable design as well. Which is astounding that they were even able to accomplish this.

If you like the Gen 4 G19, Try out the Gen 3 RTF 2.

I personally like the feel of the RTF 2 over the Gen 4's, but I will take reliability and recoil reduction (in the G22 Gen 4) over "feel".

It's nice to see fellow Glock lovers on here. Good luck!

Edited by theplastik

I recently bought a G23 which is a 40 cal and then bought a Lone Wolf barrel ($ 110.00) in 9 mm and a couple 9 mm mags., so So I can use it either 40 cal. or switch to the more affordable 9 mm., I will tell you from my use it works flawlessly with either. Here is a great video review of this system

Edited by Rockina

I recently bought a G23 which is a 40 cal and then bought a Lone Wolf barrel ($ 110.00) in 9 mm and a couple 9 mm mags., so So I can use it either 40 cal. or switch to the more affordable 9 mm., I will tell you from my use it works flawlessly with either. Here is a great video review of this system

This is another main reason I got the G23. It's like 2 guns in 1.

(Not to hijack, but......) Rockina.....did you change anything besides the barrel and mags? I've read that some people only change those, and it runs fine, and then some people who said they had to also swap out the extractor or ejector to a 9mm one, to get it running 9mm reliably.

I'm going to just go with the barrel and mags at first, and then see how it runs, but I'm interested in hearing what you have to say about it.

Edited by -Shooter-

I have never been a Glock fan, until recently when I decided to get a G19. This gun is so nice to carry, I don't know if I will ever go back to the 1911 or FNP. There is no levers or sharp stuff hanging off the sides to catch on anything and it's small and light. I wanted a cheap plinker too and came out with it being my daily carry. I don't think you will go wrong with the 19, but as others have stated for a little more cash you could have 2 guns in 1.

(Not to hijack, but......) Rockina.....did you change anything besides the barrel and mags? I've read that some people only change those, and it runs fine, and then some people who said they had to also swap out the extractor or ejector to a 9mm one, to get it running 9mm reliably.

I'm going to just go with the barrel and mags at first, and then see how it runs, but I'm interested in hearing what you have to say about it.

Hijack! Hijack!! Somebody arrest this man! :zorro:

Haha, only kidding.

Apparently you just switch out the barrel and mags and you're done. I haven't heard anyone else talk about swapping out the ejector, my friend who did it just dropped in his lone wolf barrel, which he got for a steal like $75 new, loaded some mags and shot away. I didn't have a chance to fire it since I was out of town. =[ I do wish this worked for the G30 as well, cause then I'd just buy one of those and call it quits, but I guess it won't hurt to have both a G19 and a G30 sitting at the dinner table with me.

• Like 1

I ONLY changed the barrel and mags (less than a 2 minute operation) (everything else remains stock)....it runs perfect, no need to change anything else (I also had someone tell me that the extractor, etc. needed to be changed, BUT they were only going from what someone else had told them)!!! We put about 500 rounds of 9mm through mine and it never missed a beat !!! IT IS AWESOME !!!

Well, then maybe it's between the G19 and the G23. Or better yet! I get a G19, G23, and G30 as a trio!! The G19 can sleep to my left, the G23 to my right, and the G30 can be cuddled next to me! Brilliant!

Apparently you just switch out the barrel and mags and you're done. I haven't heard anyone else talk about swapping out the ejector, my friend who did it just dropped in his lone wolf barrel, which he got for a steal like $75 new, loaded some mags and shot away. I didn't have a chance to fire it since I was out of town. =[ I do wish this worked for the G30 as well, cause then I'd just buy one of those and call it quits, but I guess it won't hurt to have both a G19 and a G30 sitting at the dinner table with me.

I ONLY changed the barrel and mags (less than a 2 minute operation) (everything else remains stock)....it runs perfect, no need to change anything else (I also had someone tell me that the extractor, etc. needed to be changed, BUT they were only going from what someone else had told them)!!! We put about 500 rounds of 9mm through mine and it never missed a beat !!! IT IS AWESOME !!!

Awesome. So I guess I'll just stick my original plan, and only get the mags and barrel to run 9mm.

Thanks for the info, fellas. :beer:

• Like 1

Awesome. So I guess I'll just stick my original plan, and only get the mags and barrel to run 9mm.

Thanks for the info, fellas. :beer:

Agreed, next month is the G23 with barrel and mags, after an AR buy. BTW, new gun storage.

2010-07-19224900small.jpg

Nice setup.

Seeing your Glock mags reminds me......I need to get some more. Reloading the 2 that came with my G23 was a pain in the ass at the range. For one, they're brand new and just a plain pain in the ass to load anyway, and on top of that....2 mags is just not enough. At some point, I want to pick up the new factory Glock, 22-round .40 magazine. Then of course, I'll have to throw the +2 on it. 24 rounds of .40 in a factory Glock mag? Yes please! :super:

I've got the 19 & 30, both are great guns. The 19 has NEVER given one problem and the 30, I've only had for about 4 months, but no problems either. In my 19, I keep the, what is it 30 or 32 round mag, loaded with Hornady XTP's beside the bed, also, have the crimson trace laser grip on it.

I want one too. But I cannot decide between the more common 19, or another model bigger caliber with a conversion...Oh yea and that darn :dollar: thing holding me back. :cryss:

I know how you feel Beef, luckily I've been doing some saving just for this purchase.

I have both a 19 and 23 (Gen 3) and recommend either. Decent size to conceal without sacrificing capacity or too much of the grip. I have lots of rounds through them, no hiccups with either pistol. One thing with the 9mm and .40 though is the mags will fit in either pistol which is not a great thing as you don't want to chamber/fire a 9mm in the .40 by accident. Since my 19 OD green and my 23 is black, I took the baseplates for the 9mm mags off and hit them with OD Krylon to make things easier.

"So I realized I don't have any 9mm's around and have decided I needed to fix that since the ammo is cheap and can provide hours of fun. After looking at the G17, I decided that it just looked too weird to me, the feel is not what I like. I stumbled across the G19, and immediately fell in love with it's looks, size, ergonomics and concealability. So my question for you all to answer is this: What are your opinions of it? Is it worth getting? Also, I am getting a G30 as well, so I don't need to worry about recommendations for a larger caliber."

Thats too funny those are the exact two Glocks I was going to get :super: . I already have a XDM in 9mm and a XD in .45 so I wanted the same two calibers in the Glock pattern.

"So I realized I don't have any 9mm's around and have decided I needed to fix that since the ammo is cheap and can provide hours of fun. After looking at the G17, I decided that it just looked too weird to me, the feel is not what I like. I stumbled across the G19, and immediately fell in love with it's looks, size, ergonomics and concealability. So my question for you all to answer is this: What are your opinions of it? Is it worth getting? Also, I am getting a G30 as well, so I don't need to worry about recommendations for a larger caliber."

Thats too funny those are the exact two Glocks I was going to get :super: . I already have a XDM in 9mm and a XD in .45 so I wanted the same two calibers in the Glock pattern.

Good man, nice to know someone else is sharing my thoughts! Or are you in my head?!! NO!! GET OUT!! YOU WON'T LEAVE?!! FINE! :ded:

Here you all go! G19 Gen. 4

I. Love. This. Gun. Oh. My. Fucking. God.

It's just so amazing, I do look forward to snuggling with it tonight =]

Ain't no one gonna sneak up on me at night!

Welcome to the new addiction. Glocks are like Saiga's, you can not own just one :super: