harris 3d modular stock

they're in the process of designing a riser for a cheek rest as well as a foot for use with a bipod to be attached to the stock.

Bipod and a stabilizer foot on a shotgun? I don't even see it useful on an AK.

yeah i know. i have a feeling that they are just rolling out this stock and will be modifying it for AR's maybe at some point in the future - it appears like it could be set up to go on a buffer tube maybe w/out much modification. i do like the idea of the cheek rest though - and i have a feeling a generic one might be able to be made up before they come out with their own - there is 22 holes in the top to connect one to the stock with.

While I was planning my conversion, I was also interested in this stock. Basically I just liked the uniqueness of it. However, being skeptical of AA based on what I've read on this site, I contacted them first about details regarding the stock & additional photographs. I know people will be shocked, but AA was less than helpful. Basically said it was "sweet" and they didn't have any more photos.

Then I went as far as contacting the owner of Harris 3D Engineering to ask him about it. He was a lot more helpful & assuaged a lot of my initial fears about it. I was very close to ordering...and then decided against it. Basically it came down to ethics. I've never dealt with AA before, but 'word on the street' means a lot to me...and their rep around his isn't too good. Plus, in my mind, it became a lot like the "Buy American" vs. buying a cheaper, made in China version. In the end, I wanted to support the people that support this community. I don't regret my decision at all.

That's just my opinion & it's not to say that this isn't a killer stock. If you are still considering it & want me to send you the emails I got from Harris 3D, I will. Hope that helps.

For a little less money, I'd buy the ACE folder instead of that. I don't like AA and I don't see the point in spending that much on a non-folding stock. For fixed stocks, I'd rather have my fake triangle folder or a Warsaw length traditional stock. Hell of a lot cheaper too.

thanks for all the comments! still trying to figure out what i'm going to go with, haven't started the conversion yet. currently using the skeletonized stock i bought when i first got my 7.62 before i converted it to at least somewhat improve the reach of the gun from the "sporter" version. i've seen the comments about AA on here and that was (and is) a big concern from the beginning about buying this.

they're in the process of designing a riser for a cheek rest as well as a foot for use with a bipod to be attached to the stock.

Bipod and a stabilizer foot on a shotgun? I don't even see it useful on an AK.

It would be useful on a S308.

I have to ask... why is it called the harris 3d modular stock... as if all other stocks are only 2 dimensional...

The stock was design/produced by Harris 3D Engineering exclusively for AA. Hence, the "3D"...and the reason I didn't buy it (besides the high price tag).