Politics..........let the guns come in and get a few people working and create jobs for some and put THEIR efforts into constructive things like Jobs and income for those that want to work and feed our families.

THEY should be putting this much effort into the important things............

I love how not a single news media outlet has done enough research (like, say, 5 seconds on Google or Wikipedia) to know enough to point out that Garand takes 8 round clips and can not accept "high capacity" clips :rolleyes:

I can somehow understand this shit happening a decade or two ago, when research actually took effort, but now that someone in the newsroom can just whip out the cell phone and know the Brady's claim is bullshit 5 seconds later, shows there is truly an active anti-gun slant in the media.

Like, let's pretend I'm Johnny Journalist, I grew up in Queens and have never fired, held, or even seen a real gun in my entire life. I pull out the Blackberry while writing this article in my cubicle, punch in "M1 Garand" on Wikipedia, and oh look, here's what comes up 2 seconds later:

post-21696-057709800 1283391227_thumb.png

Plain and simple there is no excuse for this ignorance in modern times, and this is nothing but an active effort to be biased anti-gun.

Edited by Classy Kalashnikov
  • Like 5

I love how not a single news media outlet has done enough research (like, say, 5 seconds on Google or Wikipedia) to know enough to point out that Garand takes 8 round clips and can not accept "high capacity" clips :rolleyes:

I can somehow understand this shit happening a decade or two ago, when research actually took effort, but now that someone in the newsroom can just whip out the cell phone and know the Brady's claim is bullshit 5 seconds later, shows there is truly an active anti-gun slant in the media.

Were you not informed? 8 is the new 10.

Judging by these articles, 8 is the new 30 :lolol:

Judging by these articles, 8 is the new 30 :lolol:

You mean 30=8 correct? Honestly Winston you are confusing me a bit.

"We are working closely with our Korean allies and the U.S. Army in exploring alternative options to dispose of these firearms."

Yeah meaning they are offering 2 cents a pound for scrap metal.... I think the Koreans are smarter then to take that deal, heck they would rather sell them to the north then sell them as scrap.

"We are working closely with our Korean allies and the U.S. Army in exploring alternative options to dispose of these firearms."

Yeah meaning they are offering 2 cents a pound for scrap metal.... I think the Koreans are smarter then to take that deal, heck they would rather sell them to the north then sell them as scrap.

I hope the Korean gov't is smart enough to just hold onto them and negociate a new deal in January 2013... ;)

• Like 3

Correct me if im wrong. But isnt this from like 2-3 years ago? I remember reading this same thing over and over for the last couple years.

Edit: not meaning to sound as if im dissing the OP. Just curious as to how accurate this is....

Edited by Chevyman097

SOG was selling M1 rifles which they listed as imported from Korea, for around $450. I got one, it is in pretty horrible condition, probably a 60-70% gun, covered with cosmoline, many nicks on the stock, loose handguard, 10-15% bluing remaining. I haven't had time to inspect the bore, yet, just got a steamer to remove the cosmoline.

Correct me if im wrong. But isnt this from like 2-3 years ago? I remember reading this same thing over and over for the last couple years.

Edit: not meaning to sound as if im dissing the OP. Just curious as to how accurate this is....

Foxnews.com published this September 1, 2010

Foxnews.com published this September 1, 2010

Yes I understand that. But im saying, wasnt it published a couple years ago by other news outlets?

I dunno it just seems like ive heard it before.

Anyone have details on this?

I looked around and couldnt find much on this. But I still cant stop thinking I had heard it before. This is all I found. It is from a year ago so I guess its not too old.

http://www.koreatime.../113_52476.html

I could have sworn it was longer than that. Meh lol

Again not trying to discount the op, just curious.

Edited by Chevyman097

As far as the "high-capacity magazine" thing goes, they are referring to the M1 Carbine which can accept 30 round mags. They're just Lumping the M1 Garand into the same category because they're reaching for excuses.

This is my favorite part:

"Asked why the M1s pose a threat, the State Department spokesman referred questions to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. ATF representatives said they would look into the question Monday afternoon, but on Wednesday they referred questions to the Justice Department. DOJ spokesman Dean Boyd referred questions back to the State Department."

Go back and read that again. Isn't this straight out of the movie 'Brazil'? How Kafka/Orwellian can you get?

• Like 1