Shell Holder

I noticed that I have a spare Picatinny/Weaver rail on my UTG side scope mount and an idea jumped in my head that I would like to slide some spare shells on it. You see all these sweet shell holders for pump actions or even a few here and there for stocks but I was wondering if anyone knew if a PIctanny/Weaver Shell holder. I have enough room with the tiny ass red dot that I have to slide one on and have a place to hold a few more shells. Am I just being crazy here?

mnt-973-m.jpg

I noticed that I have a spare Picatinny/Weaver rail on my UTG side scope mount and an idea jumped in my head that I would like to slide some spare shells on it. You see all these sweet shell holders for pump actions or even a few here and there for stocks but I was wondering if anyone knew if a PIctanny/Weaver Shell holder. I have enough room with the tiny ass red dot that I have to slide one on and have a place to hold a few more shells. Am I just being crazy here?

mnt-973-m.jpg

I don't think you're crazy at all, but I'm still waiting for a bolt-on barrel attachment that would allow me to put my bayo from my AR onto my S-12...

If you feel creative, you could always get like a 4 round side saddle mount and buy a red dot sight picatinny plate and drill the sidesaddle to fit the mounting screws on the plate and try that out. :lol:

That's all I can think of, it's all up to what your imagination can come up with.

If you feel creative, you could always get like a 4 round side saddle mount and buy a red dot sight picatinny plate and drill the sidesaddle to fit the mounting screws on the plate and try that out. :lol:

That's all I can think of, it's all up to what your imagination can come up with.

Sounds like a pretty sweet project for me to undertake. I was just curious if anyone knew if there was such a thing. If not maybe I will try my hand at it.....

I'm still trying to figure out what the point of a shell holder would be on a mag fed semi-auto?

Was thinking the exact same thing!

Where are you putting these extra mags? Tac vest? Pockets? Not a big fan of my maneuverability being reduced because of the size of our giant mags that don't seem to fit anywhere nice n' snug. I have yet to find a Tac vest I like that fits well with Saiga 12 round mags :unsure:

I guess a double stack would be appropriate and would be pretty sweet. All I am saying is that you can never have TOO MUCH ammo, no such thing in my book.

I'm still trying to figure out what the point of a shell holder would be on a mag fed semi-auto?

Um, because you can still "tactical load" one shell into the chamber when your last mag goes empty????

You know, pull slide, engage BHO, throw single shell into hole, dis-engage BHO...

Was thinking the exact same thing!

Where are you putting these extra mags? Tac vest? Pockets? Not a big fan of my maneuverability being reduced because of the size of our giant mags that don't seem to fit anywhere nice n' snug. I have yet to find a Tac vest I like that fits well with Saiga 12 round mags :unsure:

I guess a double stack would be appropriate and would be pretty sweet. All I am saying is that you can never have TOO MUCH ammo, no such thing in my book.

That's true, I can think of only 2 situations where you wouldn't want to have too much ammo...

IMO, you're being crazy :P

The gun is magazine fed, and so empty shells on a side saddle are pretty useless for quick loads. Far too slow to load a magazine, and if you manage to quickly pull a single shell out and somehow get past the bolt carrier blocking the chamber (at this point you need three hands to hold the rifle, hold the shell, and pull the bolt back) then the oddly shaped chamber that was never intended to be loaded from the side with the top of the bolt carrier assembly and that strange wall blocking it will require some ninja like skill to ghost load....Unlike a pump action, it was never meant to be single loaded quickly.

But, if you wanna have at it, what the hell, why not. At least it would look pretty cool.

I don't think you're crazy at all, but I'm still waiting for a bolt-on barrel attachment that would allow me to put my bayo from my AR onto my S-12...

Ask & you shall recieve...

This bayonet lug allows you to attach M9 AR15/M16 bayonets to your Saiga-12 and Saiga-20 shotguns. It will work with the Saiga-12 factory choke tubes or my '74 brakes and flash hiders. They will not work with factory Saiga-20 choke tubes. We also now offer excellent quality M-9 Bayonets!

s12-bayo-001.jpg

s12-bayo-002.jpg

s12-bayo-007.jpg

s12-bayo-004b.jpgs12-bayo-005b.jpg

dinzag.jpg

Seek & ye shall find