Who pissed in E Gay's cornflakes?!

I *JUST* did a search... on egay... 12:37 AM friday morning, 5/13/05 it was all there....

magazines, mounts, stocks....

the usual saiga stuff....

Dunno, bro....

works for me....

:smoke:

I have seen 2 s12 8 round mag auctions get pulled. One I had bid on and the other I had under watch in myebay. The one was up to 200.00 and got yanked.

They sent me this email for the one i bid on

Please be aware that auction:

7153829747 - Saiga 12 8rnd magazine: Shotgun/AK47/AK74/Russian

in which you were a bidding participant, has been ended early by eBay for violating one or more of our listing guidelines.

Because the auction was ended early, you as a bidder are not required to complete the transaction. Since this is a listing violation, the seller is free to relist the item in the

proper format. Should you wish to do so, you are free to bid on the item again if it is relisted.

If you care to review our listing guidelines for a better understanding of our auction policies, they can be found at:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-ov.html

Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have on our existing policies.

Regards,

Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department)

eBay Inc

Could it be because of the AK47 in item description, since they say it is a listing violation?

I don't know why the second one was yanked.

This is an email I got from them yesterday.

We regret to inform you that your eBay auction:

7155404120 Saiga 410 10 Round Magazine New

has been removed from the site by eBay Customer Support. All fees associated with this auction have been credited to your account.

The item you have listed does not appear to be consistent with eBay guidelines.

Firearms cannot be listed on eBay's core site. Any item that is designed to propel a metal (or similar) projectile is covered by this ban, regardless of that item's present ability to fire.

Other firearms related items not permitted on eBay include:

- Air/BB/Pellet guns

- Blowguns

- Dart firing tasers

- Spearguns

- Flares, flare guns, flare gun receivers and launchers

- Kits that can be used to create a firearm

- Specs and/or blue prints for assault weapons

- Any firearm receiver including "cut" or "demilled", partials, and 80% completes

- Illegal components such as silencers, converters (to convert a firearm to have automatic capability), and short barrels

eBay will also no longer allow any parts or accessories for assault weapons, and any item found that is described as being for use with an assault weapon will be removed. Firearm parts and accessories that have a legitimate use for non-assault weapons may be sold provided there is no mention of an assault weapon within the listing and they are not shipping the item outside of the United States.

Please be aware that as of June 9th 2004 eBay requires all sellers to state what model of gun the item they are selling is related to. All listings for gun parts and accessories must also be properly categorized in the hunting categories.

eBay realizes that as of September 13 2004 the Federal assault weapon ban has lapsed but for the time being our policies regarding all assault weapons and accessories will remain in place. This means that these policies will be based solely on eBay policies and not Federal law.

For information on eBay's policies regarding firearms, please view:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/firearms.html

For information on infringing, prohibited or questionable items, please view:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/items-ov.html

For more information on why eBay has ended an auction, please visit:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/community/png-endauction.html

Please view our guideline page for a better understanding of our auction policies and how they affect the way you list your items:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/community/png-list.html

Future auctions listed that fail to meet our listing guidelines will be ended early and repeated violations may jeopardize your account status. We value you as a member of our community and wish to continue our relationship, so we respectfully ask you to refrain from any violations of the Listing Policies or User Agreement in the future.

We thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Regards,

Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department)

eBay Inc

Mine was yanked but for some reason there is still a 5 rd S12 mag still listed with the same time mine had left. I also saw the two new ones added since mine was yanked. I wonder what makes a 410 mag so damned evil? I hope it was just a mistake by some noob. I wrote them a letter back asking for an explanation. I will post their response.

Edited by Cobra 76 two

assault weapons are legal in most but not all states. therefore, they would yank the high capacity shotgun mags, and yet leave the 5 rounders. plus they technically do go by california law, so ACTUALLY the 5 rounders shouldnt be on there either.

*shrug*

if the tax man is watching the big mag sales and private imports of them like they apparantly are now, what makes you think that the tax man wont look to ebay?

I have said all along that the existing free interprise that people have been getting away with on ebay would be short lived. Somehow the taxman will eventually have to get in on it. If things are going too good anywhere they are sure to find a way to step in and fuck things up for everyone.

assault weapons are legal in most but not all states. therefore, they would yank the high capacity shotgun mags, and yet leave the 5 rounders. plus they technically do go by california law, so ACTUALLY the 5 rounders shouldnt be on there either.

*shrug*

if the tax man is watching the big mag sales and private imports of them like they apparantly are now, what makes you think that the tax man wont look to ebay?

Taxes and legality have nothing to do with E-bay pulling Saiga mag auctions. E-bay is extremely anti-gun; they have automated crawlers that search their listings for firearms references and automatically terminate them.

The auctions that got pulled probably mentioned AK, Kalashnikov, 12 gauge, or ammunition in the title or description.

Why do people continue to list firearms related items on E-bay? I think the best thing we can do as sellers and BUYERS, is to completely boycott E-bay. Use the several firearms auctions which are available, that support our hobbies and the 2nd amendment.

Remove ALL firearms related items from e-bay.

I, personally will not support e-bay in any manner, including Paypal!

If eBay is anti gun then we shouldn't do any business on eBay. Let your dollars do the talking for you.  Protect your Second Amendment rights from these and other anti gun Nazis.

:osama:  :killer:

:sadam:  :killer:

Yes. EBAy has been anti-gun for a while. But you guys are feeding into this delusional hysteria and helping morons like Ebay draw insane conclusions. You guys make constant references to "assault weapons." E-Schmuck does the same. It's explanation letter said that even though the "aassult weapons" ban ended, that it will continue it's own "asault weapons" ban as a matter of corporate policy. I don't know. Maybe t's just me, but from what I have seen, E-Schmuck has never listed an assault weapon, and with the exception of those of us who have registered NFA Class III firearms, none of us have "assault weapons." By definition, every "assault weapon" made is either full-time full auto, or select-fire. I have looked and looked at all my many mil-style sporters, like my Saiga-12, and for the life of me, I have been unable to locate the full-auto selector.

Of all people, the folks who enjoy mil-styled sporters should not be feeding into the shitstorm of misinformation fueling soccer-mom, frenzied anti-gun protests. Guys. . .they are NOT assault weapons. They never were, and never will be.

• 3 weeks later...

i've contacted ebay numerous times for canceled auctions.

they replied that they do not "police" the auctions.

it's rat bastard ebayers that report "violations" to ebay.

thats why some auctions get canceled and some don't.

i emailed them once ripping them apart for letting sks and mini 14 items on but not ak, mak, saiga, and so on.

i never got a reply. sounds kinda biased. they pick and choose which weapons they will allow no matter what their style or functional capabilities.

either that or they are just plain retarded which they've proven before.

they will cancel an auction for a magazine if there is a picture of the magazine in the gun in the auction thinking that you are selling the gun too.

haha once i listed a co2 powered pistol on there. about 2 days after a guy won the auction i got a notice saying that even though my auction had ended they were canceling it anyway. WHAT A BUNCH OF DUMB DICKS!!

well the guy already paid and the deal was done. TOO LATE SUCKERS!!!!!

i do all my gun business on gunbroker. never had a problem and their listing fees are way better than ebay.

I'm sure you guys heard about the 5 pieces of fired .303 brass on ebay, but heres the link for those that did'nt.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=7137070817

This guy went through more HELL with ebay than anyone here did.

Ebay is a great idea but they can't leave politics out of it, like Ben + Jerrys, Starbucks, ect., ect.,

If you buy or sale anything on ebay you are supporting the enemy.

Edited by 300RUM
This is a short letter I wrote to eBay when the new president, Bill Cobb asked for feedback. I'm not the best writer in the world but at least I tried to communicate with the policy makers. I encourage you to do so as well.

Hello Mr. Bill Cobb. Thank you for offering this chance to express myself as a consumer and a buyer, I'll get right to the point. Since eBay has ended the right to sell perfectly legal firearm information, parts, and accessories I have not been a patron. My sales of LEGAL information about firearm COSMETICS were banned for no reason besides the fact that some officials or share holders didn't like it. (AOL?) I do not appreciate the implication that anything having to do with what eBay calls an "assault rifle" is bad or illegal. Not only are those rifles legal, but they are also not classified as "assault rifles".

I was selling CDs which explained gunsmithing techniques for LEGAL rifles. Rifles that are legal EVEN UNDER CALIFORNIA LAW. Because the term "AK-47" was in the description my CDs were banned immediately. There is simply no other term for the civilian version of the LEGAL rifle besides "AK-47". Not only were the CDs for COSMETIC purposes, but they also held a lot of legal information that firearm owners need in order to comply with federal and state regulations.

I was making money as was eBay selling these LEGAL CDs, and I will never return to eBay until this ban of the so-called "assault rifles", and any information having to do with them is lifted. When you read this letter please take into consideration the million or so customers who agree with me. Other auction sites for firearm related items have had much success since the eBay ban. I think it's great, but I'd also like to see eBay recognize the legal rights of their customers and try not to discriminate.

Thank you for your time,

A formerly happy customer.

I sent him and meg a letter after they yanked my mag auction last month. It was not a very nice letter either lol. It took a couple of days but they did write me back and said my auction was pulled because of an error on their part and said to relist it. I did and sold it with no problem. Yeah I hear some of you grumbling already you just hold on a sec. Then just a week later I saw another auction for the same mag (S410x10) pulled on the last day of the bidding. I don't think it's ebay who is policing the ads but rather some asshole out there with nothing better to do than spend time reading the ads and reporting anything they don't like. I've heard a bunch of whining going on on this same board about how people are selling mags on ebay and driving the price up bla bla bla BS! People the reason the prices are climbing is because the supply is not diminishing but is GONE. Anything, I don't care if it's gun parts, gasoline, or even f'king peanut butter, is going to go up in cost when the demand is high and the supply is low. It has absolutely nothing to do with what some desperate people will pay for it on ebay. If someone like myself has an extra hi cap mag and they want to sell it for more than they paid for it that is their business and their right. If someone less resourceful or just plain rich and lazy wants to click and buy easy on ebay that's fine. The only people bitching are the ones struggling to find some more mags and are just looking for someone to point a finger at because ebay is for now the only place where you can just go online and look at a list of them for sale and get them. (also of course gunbroker and auction arms and the classified sections of the gun forums) The main reason I listed my extra mags on ebay instead of here on the forum was because I DON'T want to gouge my Saiga brothers. Realize that we, the people on this forum, are only a few of the people in the US who have these weapons and need supplies for them. We also trade lots of info and have an inside connection on where to find what we need. There are very many others though who have no idea. Some of these folks are more than happy to pay ebay prices for mags and whatever because ebay IS the only place they know to look. Many don't even know about GB and AA. And to the idealists out their who say I am supporting the enemy by doing any business with ebay get a grip on the real world buddy. Ebay is not just about gun parts, in fact hardly at all and maybe not for long. They are a way for millions of people of all intrests to buy and sell what they need or have to anyone all over the world. Just because they are run by a bunch of anti gun losers does not mean I'm supporting the enemy if I do biz there. I'm making money off those pricks and laughing all the way to the bank. OK I'm done ranting now sorry. At least they are there for us to buy and sell through IF we want to put up with their backwards ass views on certain items. They are like one of the local sporting goods stores here in my town who have been in business many years, Hi__'s Inc. They suck, their customer service sucks, their prices are way higher than anyone else around, but if you need it you can usually find it there.

Edited by Cobra 76 two

The reason sellers/gougers prefer ebay over Gunbroker and Auctionarms is that there are more idiots there who'll pay more. Prices are usually more reasonable on gunbroker and auctionarms. YMMV of course.

And by selling on ebay, you're still keeping the prices artificially high, so either way, you're still screwing your "Saiga-12 brothers." I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, it's a free market and all, but don't expect a pat on the back.

Gummerfan

Call it what you want but if I have a mag I bought for $50 and it gets bid all the way up to $140 and then the guy who was second in line gets in touch with me and asks to buy another for the same price I call that good business sense on my part. With that extra $180 I invested in another S-12. People who are in the know know they can just order them from rusmilitary and play the waiting game. Supply and demand.

Cobra did you read the link I posted for the .303 Brass.

His auction pulled was about 20 times.

There is no question that Ebay is rabidly antigun and so is Paypal. In fact if you use Paypal for a firearms related transaction and you get stiffed, Paypal will not back you up on it. If you want I'll try and find the language they used.

Edited by 300RUM

I did see that a while back. That was funny as hell. I was thinking about that when I wrote them my response to them pulling my auction. That case shows their ignorance completely. Paypal is pretty messed up for that stupid stand they have related to firearms. Just don't use them. I try to always use money orders unless it's time sensitive.