Speed strippers

I'm not sure how effective either would be because it is pretty tricky to load through the ejection port. Unlike a pump action, there is a lot more going on inside the receiver when you pull the bolt back. Unless the speed strippers were designed to quickly charge a magazine, I would just get an extra magazine.

I may be confused... This is a Saiga 12 forum. For the semiautomatic 12 gauge magazine fed Saiga 12 shotgun. It seems completely ass backwards to carry lose rounds in a side saddle for a gun that can just simply change magazines. You just carry an extra magazine, or drum if you really don't like to reload often.

Edit: For extra speedy speed you count rounds and change magazines on your last round BEFORE you fire it. Zip zoom!

Edited by Bitbasher
  • Like 2

I may be confused... This is a Saiga 12 forum. For the semiautomatic 12 gauge magazine fed Saiga 12 shotgun. It seems completely ass backwards to carry lose rounds in a side saddle for a gun that can just simply change magazines. You just carry an extra magazine, or drum if you really don't like to reload often.

Edit: For extra speedy speed you count rounds and change magazines on your last round BEFORE you fire it. Zip zoom!

:beer:

Still, it doesn't hurt to practice tactical re-loads...

practicing reloading at a high rate of speed and getting good at it and making it muscle memory to flow through smoothly, with a magazine, is a tactical reload.

Edit: inserting speed strips into chamber of weapon, not so tactical. :drevil:

Still, it doesn't hurt to practice tactical re-loads...

practicing reloading at a high rate of speed and getting good at it and making it muscle memory to flow through smoothly, with a magazine, is a tactical reload.

Edit: inserting speed strips into chamber of weapon, not so tactical. :drevil:

Of course, but when you run out of loaded mags it helps to be quick at throwing shells in there one-by-one...

speed strippers? or strippers on speed? ive seen both, and it aint pretty! :eek:

It's been my experience that they're generally one in the same.

At least, where you find one, you generally find the other.

As for stripper clits :oops: clips, they wouldn't work for S-12 mags, due to having to push every shell rearward.

I'd like to see how these 12 gauge "speed strippers" work.

Are they available at Wally World?

If they're like the model below, I'd give'em a whirl.

NWS

Edited by Paulyski

I have a side saddle on my Bullpuped S12 mostly for specialty rounds or to add an extra round to my first five mags, ei one in the chamber + 10rnd mag = 11rnds. Since I built it as a "Multi-mission" shotgun, I figured the saddle could carry a couple door breachers, flash/bangs, flares, smoke or whatever.

As for loading a single round; simply lock back the bolt, pop the mag, slip the round in, release the bolt and relock your mag. Not that difficult and is useful as a First Round option, ei blow a lock and enter with 00buck, etc.

Beats digging around your pocket/dump pouch.

speed strippers? or strippers on speed? ive seen both, and it aint pretty! :eek:

It's been my experience that they're generally one in the same.

At least, where you find one, you generally find the other.

As for stripper clits :oops: clips, they wouldn't work for S-12 mags, due to having to push every shell rearward.

I'd like to see how these 12 gauge "speed strippers" work.

Are they available at Wally World?

If they're like the model below, I'd give'em a whirl.

NWS

oh yeah now thats customer service!

• Like 1

Speed stripper will not work with all S12 mags on the market! I did however design a mag tower that would allow this type of loading, but it would only be while the mag is out of the weapon. Because of the deign of the mag tower it would be very hard to design anything to get around the feed lips.

Speed strippers would be the greatest thing since sliced bread; in California.

Normally, I would say, screw California. However, my wife has gone crazy and wants to go back to California.

So, I need a magician to design a speed loader that somehow goes through the top of gun. Just so I can make the state legislature pass yet another gun law.

Yeah, I know, the rational person would wish their former wife good luck in California.

OK OK OK

Listen fellow shotgunners, I was hoping to hear feedback regarding the use of a speed stripper with a pump gun. I am looking to hear from people who have used speed strippers on their pump guns.

I already am content with my supply of magazines and drums (ok, sort of) for my Saiga.

Thanks for the productive feedback.

OK OK OK

Listen fellow shotgunners, I was hoping to hear feedback regarding the use of a speed stripper with a pump gun. I am looking to hear from people who have used speed strippers on their pump guns.

Oh...

Well that changes everything.

I guess you're posted in the wrong subforum.

This particular subforum is dedicated to the S-12, so you caught everyone off guard & kinda confused us.

Try this subforum titled "Other Weapons-SHOTGUNS (non AK-based)"

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showforum=70

I have a side saddle on my Bullpuped S12 mostly for specialty rounds or to add an extra round to my first five mags, ei one in the chamber + 10rnd mag = 11rnds. Since I built it as a "Multi-mission" shotgun, I figured the saddle could carry a couple door breachers, flash/bangs, flares, smoke or whatever.

As for loading a single round; simply lock back the bolt, pop the mag, slip the round in, release the bolt and relock your mag. Not that difficult and is useful as a First Round option, ei blow a lock and enter with 00buck, etc.

I practice single loading slugs pretty much as you describe. With the gun in a 3 point sling held by the body, it is very easy to do.

I like your idea of speciality rounds as a first round option as well; I had considered it, even - but dismissed it because I figured that most of those rounds wouldn't cycle the Saiga on a setting which also cycles buckshot. So, for a flashbang and breachers, I figure you lose your element of surprise, largely - the round goes off, but now you have to clear a stovepiped round, and rack your buckshot.

Have you tried these types of rounds at all? Maybe the new auto gas plug would solve that issue.

I practice single loading slugs pretty much as you describe. With the gun in a 3 point sling held by the body, it is very easy to do.

I like your idea of speciality rounds as a first round option as well; I had considered it, even - but dismissed it because I figured that most of those rounds wouldn't cycle the Saiga on a setting which also cycles buckshot. So, for a flashbang and breachers, I figure you lose your element of surprise, largely - the round goes off, but now you have to clear a stovepiped round, and rack your buckshot.

Have you tried these types of rounds at all? Maybe the new auto gas plug would solve that issue.

Micheal,

So far the Tac-47 plug works for me down to the 1200fps(bulk birdshot) and up to the Magnum loads(there is a bit of bounceing off the rear trunion though). Below that, I'm not so sure, but am working an a new BP stock that may eliminate some of the hassel of clearing a weak round, ei a pump forend/grip. I'll post more when I get somewhere with it, too many other projects going now so will likely be later in the year.