S12 Poly Choke II

I know plenty of people around here have used these before and I have finally decided to take off retarded muzzle brakes (which really don't even work) and upgrade myself to a poly. I especially like the flash hider design. My question to you all is, how exactly does it work? You turn the end to lock it into a certain choke?? IS this highly looked apon for competition (although I know it says "great for competition")? Is this something almost every1 uses in their comp S12's? I am very interested but just trying to get a little outlook on these bad boys. Thanks ahead of time :smoke:

I have one on my "birdgun" but cant really tell how well its working. My brother has a mod barrel on his shotty and it'll turn clays into dust. All ill ever get is a clipt wing or brake into 3 or 4 pieces. Maybe I dont have it on the right setting yet? Im still messing with it. Although I have been haveing canted FSB issues, but I just fixed that today. But its relatively easy. start off with it on its tightest setting which I think is extra full and that'll be your tightest grouping. rotate it left for larger groupings. I think they have a website or something...wait, heres the diagram, courtesy of dinzag arms: http://www.poly-choke.com/instruction.htm

I know plenty of people around here have used these before and I have finally decided to take off retarded muzzle brakes (which really don't even work) and upgrade myself to a poly. I especially like the flash hider design. My question to you all is, how exactly does it work? You turn the end to lock it into a certain choke?? IS this highly looked apon for competition (although I know it says "great for competition")? Is this something almost every1 uses in their comp S12's? I am very interested but just trying to get a little outlook on these bad boys. Thanks ahead of time :smoke:

As you twist the top section tighter it constricts the opening inside to make a tighter pattern. It has 7 different settings and really works good. Removing it and cleaning is recommended to keep the patterns consistent like any choke.

Yup That's the 1 i've been looking at Greg! Thanks for the head's up. I was going to ask about cleaning it....Is it reccomended to be cleaned by opening it up all the way and running a bore brush through?

I would unscrew the top section and clean both pieces with a brush and solvent. It also helps to put some anti-sieze paste on the top section threads to make it adjust easier when it starts getting carbon build up.

• Like 1

I have one on my "birdgun" but cant really tell how well its working. My brother has a mod barrel on his shotty and it'll turn clays into dust. All ill ever get is a clipt wing or brake into 3 or 4 pieces. Maybe I dont have it on the right setting yet? Im still messing with it. Although I have been haveing canted FSB issues, but I just fixed that today. But its relatively easy. start off with it on its tightest setting which I think is extra full and that'll be your tightest grouping. rotate it left for larger groupings. I think they have a website or something...wait, heres the diagram, courtesy of dinzag arms: http://www.poly-choke.com/instruction.htm

Sike, just kidding on the cleaning instructions as they are on this link. Thanks AZG! U say that maybe you don't have it on the right setting...have you tested every setting on a shooting target to see any noticeable difference in tightness of the pattern? Also, as i mentioned before, does it "lock" into place for each setting, or does it just turn loosly to the net setting? As in with the kick of a shot going through, is it possibility of the choke turning itself to the next setting or does it take a little elbow grease to get it to the next setting?

Sike, just kidding on the cleaning instructions as they are on this link. Thanks AZG! U say that maybe you don't have it on the right setting...have you tested every setting on a shooting target to see any noticeable difference in tightness of the pattern? Also, as i mentioned before, does it "lock" into place for each setting, or does it just turn loosly to the net setting? As in with the kick of a shot going through, is it possibility of the choke turning itself to the next setting or does it take a little elbow grease to get it to the next setting?

It has a detent in it for each setting. You can feel it lock into place when you turn it. If u know what setting you are on, you can just turn it without looking and feel it lock in when you reach the next setting. I need to test out each pattern to see exactly how tight they really are so I can get an idea of what I'm working with.

I would unscrew the top section and clean both pieces with a brush and solvent. It also helps to put some anti-sieze paste on the top section threads to make it adjust easier when it starts getting carbon build up.

Will you be selling just the upper flash hider portion like you are for the vented breacher? If so I will be vedy vedy happy and will be ordering one cuz it's just sick! +1 to whoever came up with that one

Will you be selling just the upper flash hider portion like you are for the vented breacher? If so I will be vedy vedy happy and will be ordering one cuz it's just sick! +1 to whoever came up with that one

Here you go. http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-795/POLY-dsh-CHOKE-FLASH-HIDER-SAIGA/Detail

post-9063-0-61575600-1293169624_thumb.jpg

What we need is a remotely MOTORIZED poly-choke, for changing your shot pattern on the fly. With little up-down selector buttons on the forearm or pistol grip.

Why? I don't know... Just because it's perversely stupid. laugh.gif Maybe add a voice-chip that says "Full", "Modified", "Slug", in Majel Barrett's voice as you hit the buttons. .

Seriously though, the flash hider Poly choke is what I'm getting on mine as soon as I've saved up. I won't need anything else.

What we need is a remotely MOTORIZED poly-choke, for changing your shot pattern on the fly. With little up-down selector buttons on the forearm or pistol grip.

Why? I don't know... Just because it's perversely stupid. laugh.gif Maybe add a voice-chip that says "Full", "Modified", "Slug", in Majel Barrett's voice as you hit the buttons. .

I would pay all sorts of money for an "active choke"...wait that sounds bad...it would be like all those new cars with adaptive suspensions where you electronically change the settings. Someday this tech will reach the firearms industry.

I got one for Chistmas. My son and I were out busting clays yesterday. I need to say it makes one hell of a difference for longer range shots. I purposely waited until the clay was starting to fall before shooting and I was still dusting them. I would say 40+ yards. We were using Rem. 7 1/2 bulk Sport Loads from walmart. I set the choke at full to test my lead more than the shot pattern, but I was hitting and the clays were turning into powder. :super:

• 1 month later...

Seriously though, the flash hider Poly choke is what I'm getting on mine as soon as I've saved up. I won't need anything else.

Let's take it a step further and add make it auto-adjusting... senses range and size of target, LOL!! Yeah, that would be kewl.:super:

I took one of my newly converted S12s to the range yesterday to zero for slugs and use a pattern board to see exactly what the polychoke did to patterns. First off I can tell you first hand that shooting slugs on the full setting will not damage the choke or gun. I recommend you check the setting better than I did. Anyway they work as advertised.....shot sporting clays with it later that day...works great.

yep! I want the vented poly choke II. if i cut the barrel i will have the smithy perm attach a jte or tromix monster?:super: but hunting is not what i do? dont get me wrong i like hunting and will get food if i need it but my toys are for saying hey howdy to naughty no goods! so i don't know maybe just get another 20 round drum?:killer::angel:

Edited by Guns Are Great