Steel 30 RD Bulgarian mags from aimsurplus

I got 5 of those Bulgy's from AIM. Very nice. All are new and packed in oil (not cosmo!).

Fit well in my Romanian. Feed reliably. No issues.

The followers are plastic though, but whatever. For $8 a mag I'll live with it.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Chugo - Chinese Mags imported as Yugo Mags. I like this!   Used in a sentence by Scarface: When chugo to the gunstore to get some magazines, mang?

yeah sal, i was confused by that statement. thnks for the clear up.       some say they received some funky ones, but aim's customer service is good enough you could probably just exchange them.

Its not too bad at all. It should take about 15-30 minutes depending on how careful and patient you go with it.   I used a file with the rounded side and flat side on the opposite side. I felt a squ

Posted Images

I think I may get some more, just to have.

Because of the panic buying associated with the tragedy in Tuscan, Aim is now SOLD_OUT

For the love of ass monkeys... I just wanted to have some... now some pussies afraid of what's gonna happen next bought it all up. I hope they all got ripped off so far up the ass.

ETA: I guess this is my chance to sell my WASR for several thousand dollars, because THEY'RE ABOUT TO BE BANNED!!!! BUY IT QUICK!! IT'S WORTH EVERY PENNY!

Edited by VaiFanatic
  • Like 1

Because of the panic buying associated with the tragedy in Tuscan, Aim is now SOLD_OUT

For the love of ass monkeys... I just wanted to have some... now some pussies afraid of what's gonna happen next bought it all up. I hope they all got ripped off so far up the ass.

ETA: I guess this is my chance to sell my WASR for several thousand dollars, because THEY'RE ABOUT TO BE BANNED!!!! BUY IT QUICK!! IT'S WORTH EVERY PENNY!

BINGO. Everything is basically normal. Apex Gun Parts still has them, but for $9.... thats the best deal right now due to the panic.

BINGO. Everything is basically normal. Apex Gun Parts still has them, but for $9.... thats the best deal right now due to the panic.

Fuck it, I'm tired of losers buying into the hype. These magazines are floating around by the tens of thousands in the Middle East, so there's no need to stiff us all on the price and say they're running out.

• Like 1

Fuck it, I'm tired of losers buying into the hype. These magazines are floating around by the tens of thousands in the Middle East, so there's no need to stiff us all on the price and say they're running out.

Truer words were never spoken VaiFanatic.

Truer words were never spoken VaiFanatic.

I do my best to speak the truth :lolol: Seriously though. That's like saying there's a shortage of leaves. But there are millions of trees everywhere, and there are hundreds of millions of leaves.

• Like 1

It's frustrating as hell to not be able to find a reasonable price on anything when these panics start! Fucking ridiculous.

I had a new project planned for this spring.. and it looks like it'll have to hold off until all this shit blows over.

It's frustrating as hell to not be able to find a reasonable price on anything when these panics start! Fucking ridiculous.

I had a new project planned for this spring.. and it looks like it'll have to hold off until all this shit blows over.

Yup, as did I, but the price of materials just miraculously shot (no pun intended) up.

Yup, as did I, but the price of materials just miraculously shot (no pun intended) up.

There is a gun show coming around the beginning of Feb. I plan to try my luck and see if I can find a table with a reasonably priced .308.. got my fingers crossed on that one.

I'd bite on an x39 or .223 next if I could get either for <$350.

If that doesn't work, I might just get myself an AR-15 lower and start on a build. Haven't done one of those and I've been wanting to for some time.

edit: If I could just find the rifle or lower to base my project on reasonably, I'd be content to hold onto it for a while and work slowly.

Edited by danklab

There is a gun show coming around the beginning of Feb. I plan to try my luck and see if I can find a table with a reasonably priced .308.. got my fingers crossed on that one.

If that doesn't work, I might just get myself an AR-15 lower and start on a build. Haven't done one of those and I've been wanting to for some time.

edit: If I could just find the rifle or lower to base my project on reasonably, I'd be content to hold onto it for a while and work slowly.

My intention was to start on my krink finally, but the prices of kits have almost doubled over the last week. So I'm looking at putting together an AR from Spike's.

My intention was to start on my krink finally, but the prices of kits have almost doubled over the last week. So I'm looking at putting together an AR from Spike's.

Yeah.. I'm considering the AR build myself. Last I looked, they seem to be holding steady.. just can't buy any new mags for them. I'm actually starting to look into building myself an AR-10. I want to get something in .308, and I wouldn't mind having an AR-10 with the 20" barrel. I just don't know much about the ar-10 though.

I'll see what the gun show brings in Feb. If I can find the saiga .308 then that's my project.

You bending your own flats? I'd like to tool up to start doing kit builds, but I'm not sure if the cost to start up would be worth it for me. I might be better off sticking to Saiga conversions. I really want to actually "build" myself a couple of AK's though.. to have the sense of pride that goes along with starting from the ground up on something.

edit:

Oh... a note on the offerings from AIM. The flatback surplus mags they had... I'd actually gotten about 6 of them from different online sources. I believe they are Chinese mags that found their way to Yugoslavia and imported from there. Well.. I had a few of those that I'd gotten from other online retailers and they were so-so. Some of them had small dings, some had some pitting from rust, and most had some wear to the blued finish. They all function, but are fairly beat up.

I decided to try the ones that AIM was carrying since their example pic looked good, and I really like the flat backs. I got 6 of them in a few days ago and they are spectacular! Every one of them looks brand new, no wear whatsoever on any of them, not a spot of rust, no dings. The oil/cosmo on them wasn't even that bad.

I was telling everyone to go for the bulgies because I hadn't gotten good pieces from 2 separate retailers with these particular imports, but now I wish I'd ordered 15 of them. And, of course, AIM is out of stock!

Edited by danklab

Yeah.. I'm considering the AR build myself. Last I looked, they seem to be holding steady.. just can't buy any new mags for them. I'm actually starting to look into building myself an AR-10. I want to get something in .308, and I wouldn't mind having an AR-10 with the 20" barrel. I just don't know much about the ar-10 though.

I'll see what the gun show brings in Feb. If I can find the saiga .308 then that's my project.

You bending your own flats? I'd like to tool up to start doing kit builds, but I'm not sure if the cost to start up would be worth it for me. I might be better off sticking to Saiga conversions. I really want to actually "build" myself a couple of AK's though.. to have the sense of pride that goes along with starting from the ground up on something.

edit:

Oh... a note on the offerings from AIM. The flatback surplus mags they had... I'd actually gotten about 6 of them from different online sources. I believe they are Chinese mags that found their way to Yugoslavia and imported from there. Well.. I had a few of those that I'd gotten from other online retailers and they were so-so. Some of them had small dings, some had some pitting from rust, and most had some wear to the blued finish. They all function, but are fairly beat up.

I decided to try the ones that AIM was carrying since their example pic looked good, and I really like the flat backs. I got 6 of them in a few days ago and they are spectacular! Every one of them looks brand new, no wear whatsoever on any of them, not a spot of rust, no dings. The oil/cosmo on them wasn't even that bad.

I was telling everyone to go for the bulgies because I hadn't gotten good pieces from 2 separate retailers with these particular imports, but now I wish I'd ordered 15 of them. And, of course, AIM is out of stock!

That doesn't surprise me about the condition of the mags from AIM. I bought an M1895 Nagant pistol from AIM and it was mint and dated 1943. They seem to stock the better conditioned stuff, where other retailers were advertising Good to Very Good M1895's for the same or higher price.

The one I got looked brand new, I just was not that cool with the plastic follower. They should put that in the item description.

AIM does...

"New Bulgarian Production Steel AK47 mags. These magazines feature a molded polymer follower, 30rd capacity, Ribbed design, and are individually sealed in a plastic bag with oil coating. These are the nicest AK mags we have seen in years! While supplies last.

Never had an issue with polymer followers in circle 10's... these aren't much different. They're not just going to shatter inside the mag or anything. Only 2 rounds out of every 30 actually make contact with the follower. The casings will actually move more smoothly over the polymer than they will over a metal follower.

These mags were inexpensive so I figured screw it, I've always wanted a Junglè style magazine, so I did it lol

f2787d04.jpg

Your tape technique is unacceptable. If you want to make a so called "jungle-magazine-configuration" please make each end only stick out a few inches so as to minimize the over all footprint of the joint magazines. Here is an example of the proper use of tape to create a low profile:

img0088ns.jpg

Please remove your tape and try again to avoid fail.... :blues:

Edited by bigsal
  • Like 1

These mags were inexpensive so I figured screw it, I've always wanted a Junglè style magazine, so I did it lol

[Removed for brevity]

Your tape technique is unacceptable. If you want to make a so called "jungle-magazine-configuration" please make each end only stick out a few inches so as to minimize the over all footprint of the joint magazines. Here is an example of the proper use of tape to create a low profile:

img_0088.jpg

Please remove your tape and try again to avoid fail.... :blues:

Images snatched from third party sites should at least be rehosted to prevent bandwidth leeching and linked to the source page.

img0088ns.jpg

Please edit your post to avoid fail. :)

• Like 1