Can't decide between these two Rock Island 1911s

Well, thanks to a Christmas bonus, I have some extra money that I can play with. I've really been wanting to buy two 1911s and put compensated barrels on them. I have it narrowed down to these two Rock Island models:

post-14207-0-72342900-1293917390_thumb.jpg

post-14207-0-63736800-1293917397_thumb.jpg

I like them both very much and am having a real hard time deciding. I THINK I will end up with the first one. I want two identical 1911s, or I would just buy both of them. rolleyes.gif And I don't have the money to buy two EACH... LOL

+1 on the top one.... Forgive me for asking, but why 2? Why not one and upgrade it with a match grade sear, hammer, dis-connector & spring, then add a crimson trace grip or night sights.... Better yet for the price of 2 you can buy a Kimber for the same price..... Nothing beats a Kimber.........

2 cents worth....

• Like 1

+1 on the top one.... Forgive me for asking, but why 2? Why not one and upgrade it with a match grade sear, hammer, dis-connector & spring, then add a crimson trace grip or night sights.... Better yet for the price of 2 you can buy a Kimber for the same price..... Nothing beats a Kimber.........

2 cents worth....

I understand exactly what you are saying, but I want a matched pair of 1911s. And I agree that Kimber firearms are top quality as well, but I want that matched pair, and I just can't spend the money for two Kimbers.

...just something that I want to do. I've always thought it would be kinda cool to have a pair of .45s that were identical with upgrades and compensated barrels.