When I buy a handgun or rifle the VERY first thing I look at is the price tag. It could be the best weapon ever conceived but if I cant afford it it might as well not exist.

That being said, yesterday I was at my local gun shop browsing around. I always check whats used first since that is where the most variety is. I never bother looking at the new Sigs or H&Ks since they are so friggin expansive. Well yesterday I finally played with a New H&K P2000 and the P30. WOW! Really nice guns, feel great in my hands, especially the P30. But to be honest a lot of other guns feel great to me too...M&P, Kahr, 1911.... And a lot of those guns are just as reliable.

Why the $800 + price tag on the H&K? Is it just because of the name? Or are they so uber awsome that this is the cheapest they can be? Seems like H&K prices a lot of people out of their product.

H+K is a very good quality product, but they don't care or really want your civilian business. I know an owner of an SL-8. It's very accurate, and the action is smooth as glass, but H+K did some really spiteful, unneccesary stuff to the G36 to make it's nuetered model. The magwell is single stack on the SL-8, and the civilian bolt is different too- missing a lug! It's an expensive restoration for the H+K folks, in other words, on top of the major initial investment.

In other words, they're nice, but not for the price. Like I said, they don't care- Civilians are useless breathers in H+K's corporate eyes.

Reliability, accuracy, ruggedness, quality, are just some of the things you purchase when you buy any HK weapon. These are some of the best weapons ever made... and I would say an extra $100 for the HK name...... You can not go wrong when you by a HK, I have a USP 40 compact variant 1 with a polygon barrel and at 25 yards she is deadly.....

^ LOL

Reliability, accuracy, ruggedness, quality, are just some of the things you purchase.

Couldn't the same be said for Glock?

I realy liked the P30 & P2000 especially for their ambi features.

So if I were to buy one used and it had a problem would I get a big FU from H&K or would they take caere of it?

Edited by Arik

^ LOL

Reliability, accuracy, ruggedness, quality, are just some of the things you purchase.

Couldn't the same be said for Glock?

I realy liked the P30 & P2000 especially for their ambi features.

So if I were to buy one used and it had a problem would I get a big FU from H&K or would they take caere of it?

Oh, they'd take care of it... eventually, in H+K's time. :smoke:

So if I were to buy one used and it had a problem would I get a big FUY from H&K or would they take caere of it?

You will get the big FY from any company, the warranty is only good for the original owner not second hand no matter what manufacture of HG you buy......

So if I were to buy one used and it had a problem would I get a big FUY from H&K or would they take caere of it?

You will get the big FY from any company, the warranty is only good for the original owner not second hand no matter what manufacture of HG you buy......

Not so much. Some manufacturers stand behind their products. I haven't had experience with H&K personally, but when they sell something with a factory lifetime warranty, they mean it. Factory pre-sample MP-5s have been repaired under warranty - this I know secondhand from a local dealer I trust.

Pretty much sums it up for me:

LoL,

Since we're on the subject of HK and how they hate people, I thought I'd post this here, as it's slightly relevant and pretty funny.

The next weapon on our list is the Heckler & Koch MP7A1, the personal defense weapon of the future:

2lxkdy.jpg

Hitler und Koke-head's piss-poor dick-compensating weapon, or PDW.

Ooh, so sexy, sleak, and tacti-cool. I'm sure you've heard nothing but A+ reviews on the MP7A1. I mean, it's an HK weapon, there's no such thing as bad publicity for them right? Maybe that's because THEY control their publicity. And being a civilian, you've probably never even seen one of these in person before. Because you suck, and HK hates you. Look under the gun, it says so under the foregrip. Oh wait! You can't, because you can't see the fucking gun!

Now the MP7A1 is basically a big "fuck you" to the guys at FN-USA. After they built the FN P90, that really cool PDW in 5.7x28mm...:

2vmsqjl.jpg

The non-bastard child of the PDW world.

...they felt small in the pants and had to retaliate. So they built a new bullet, the underpowered 4.6x30mm, because god forbid anyone has some form of conveniance and can use readily available ammunition, and released the MP7A1. Thanks to FutureWeapons and Rainbow Six: Vegas, you probably love this weapon. It's not a mutual relationship, and the gun is a whore. Find a new piece and move on... let Woody Harrelson enjoy it.

:haha:

• Like 1

These quotes are directly from the manufactures website with the exception of Glock.......... This does not mean that Glock gives a warranty to non original purchasers........

Colt:

This agreement is not transferable; its benefits apply only to the original retail purchaser for firearms manufactured after 1996.

Sig:

SIG SAUER agrees to correct any defect in the firearm for the original purchaser by repair

Glock:

Can not find, although other sites state they will fix if you send it in... But this did not come from Glock's website

Springfield:

Springfield, Inc. warrants to the initial retail purchaser that the products it sells will be free of defects in workmanship or material during his or her lifetime as long as he or she owns the product.

H&K:

A new Heckler & Koch firearm is warranted to the original retail purchaser only for the lifetime of the said original retail purchaser

Beretta:

1 Year

Para:

We will provide the original retail purchaser of any one of our pistols with all necessary service, free of charge

Smith & Wesson:

We will repair any defect in material or workmanship without charge to the original purchaser for as long as you own the handgun.

CZ-USA:

Warranty All CZ-USA firearms are warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship for one (1) year on wooden parts and surface treatment and five (5) years on other parts. This warranty is granted by CZ-USA, 3327 N 7TH STREET TRFY, Kansas City, KS 66115-1107.

I had 2 Paras'. 14.45LDA and 12.42 warhog. Bought the hog used and it wouldn't eject a live round if you racked the slide. Took it bback to the dealer I bought it from and they sent it back to Para under their name. Came back fixed free of charge. Dealers seem to be a loop hole.

hksucks3.jpg

You pay more for H&K's because they've developed a unique ammo feeding system. You see, you can load your ammo backwards in the mag, and it will auto-correct itself before entering the chamber. It's amazing.

Well that reason.........and because you hear about them in rap songs.

But seriously though, like Arik said; "Couldn't the same be said for Glock?" sums it up for me. I don't see what H&K offers over a Glock (given that a Glock "fits" your hands).

..........and as for Glock still taking care of a second-owner of one of their pistols....pretty much reading any Glock forum will tell you that they will take care of you. Even if you are the second owner. Last I heard, they'll still even swap out all the worn parts from used Glocks and replace them with new, for free, if you happen onto an old Glock and want the internals updated.

• Like 2

I had 2 Paras'. 14.45LDA and 12.42 warhog. Bought the hog used and it wouldn't eject a live round if you racked the slide. Took it bback to the dealer I bought it from and they sent it back to Para under their name. Came back fixed free of charge. Dealers seem to be a loop hole.

Yes it was, these companies depend on dealers and will do anything to keep their business. If you get an HK used or not and she shoots without issue, I guaranty you that you will not have any issues with it for the rest of your life....

This is the reason I got mine.....

Let us know what you decide.......

Don't forget that Taurus has a transferable lifetime warranty.

Hehehe, have you ever had to send a Taurus back for warranty work? It costs $80 each time to send it back, and if you have any issues with it you will be sending it back multiple times...... This is why I did not list Taurus, they just suck for reliability....

Hehehe, have you ever had to send a Taurus back for warranty work? It costs $80 each time to send it back, and if you have any issues with it you will be sending it back multiple times...... This is why I did not list Taurus, they just suck for reliability....

No, mainly because none of the Taurus's I own have failed me. My Tracker 455 was bought second hand, and it's alive and kicking.

No, mainly because none of the Taurus's I own have failed me. My Tracker 455 was bought second hand, and it's alive and kicking.

Tracker's are revolvers we are talking about semi-autos, I had a Rossi 357 3" barrel and it was awesome and also never had any issues with it.....

I just do not like Brazilian made guns, like I do not like anything Chinese made except the SKS's... Just my preference...

Never heard of H+K.

It's interesting how some people get so judgmental. Generally, a gunmaker will

price their product so that it will sell, and make them max profit, or to sell

large numbers and buy market share. The better guns tend to be more expensive.

I sincerely doubt that any company will do spiteful, unnecessary stuff to

neuter one of their products for civilian use. Rather, I imagine a company

will comply with laws to make sales possible. Simple laws of economics and business;

making changes to a model of anything costs money; you don't do it if you don't have to

do so.

Considering that HK has made civilian guns for many years, I doubt that they hate anyone

who isn't military or law enforcement. Money is money, a sale is a sale. HK commands

the money that they do because either they ARE that good, or they have the reputation for

being that good, which was probably earned from....being that good.

Now, Taurus pistols are less expensive, and the quality is lesser. I own a number of Taurus

products, most of them semi-automatic, and I am generally pleased with them. I have yet

to have any have any sort of malfunction, other than some low power ammo induced ones.

I do notice some accuracy differences between a Taurus pistol and an HK pistol. I have no issues

carrying a Taurus for self defense, however.

HK commands the money that they do because either they ARE that good, or they have the reputation for

being that good, which was probably earned from....being that good.

What exactly does an $800 HK do that a $500 Glock won't do?

It's very good at costing $300 more.

• Like 3

I don't know what an HK does that a Glock doesn't.

I do know that they sell for more than glocks do. Note that I said

"sell for more" not "are priced for more." So, there's something

superior, either real or perceived, about them. It's hard to sell

something for a higher price just based on advertising BS. If they did

nothing better than cheaper pistols, no one would buy them.

I do know that they sell for more than glocks do.

Got any stats to back this up? Not doubting you. I just like to see #'s from a legit source on claims like that.

Uh, I was agreeing with your previous post? I wasn't claiming anything

other than stating that that the prices are higher than glocks (which you also mentioned)

and that they sell at those prices, as I see inventory vary at the gun stores I frequent

and the prices remain steady.

Thus, one can conclude, that HK does successfully sell for more than glock, and my only

theory on that point must be that there must be a reason for it.

I do know that they sell for more than glocks do.

Got any stats to back this up? Not doubting you. I just like to see #'s from a legit source on claims like that.

Uh, I was agreeing with your previous post? I wasn't claiming anything

other than stating that that the prices are higher than glocks (which you also mentioned)

and that they sell at those prices, as I see inventory vary at the gun stores I frequent

and the prices remain steady.

Thus, one can conclude, that HK does successfully sell for more than glock, and my only

theory on that point must be that there must be a reason for it.

<facepalm>

I read that as "HK sells more than Glock", as opposed to "HK sells for more than Glock". My bad. :D

I own one H&K pistol, and only because I got it in the Glock price range. $450 for a full-size USP in .40 S&W with two 13-round mags and a flashlight. Factory refurbished gun with mismatching numbers, the frame is definitely brand new, the upper is from the original firearm. Bought it from Cabela's as a "new" gun, so it's covered by a lifetime warranty.

Well worth it at the price. Less worth it for a few hundred more.

Sorry, HK has better weapons than most other makers. Take a glock 21 and HK USP for instance. Glock is very good, but built cheap. HK has better build quality, attenton to detail, its more accurate,

more rugged and dependable, and better mags. Its

just a better gun, ask any gunsmith who worked on them both. Same for sigs.

The reason so many LEOs use them is because of one thing, $$$$., they get very good deals from glock.

Glocks are self defense and duty guns, HKs are self defense, duty and go to war guns.

Thank god that crazy bastard used a glock instead of an HK to shoot the congresswoman and those other innocent people. If it were an HK or sig many more people would have died.

The news said he used a 9mm glock and when he tried to reload the mag broke and the gun jammed, buying brave people time to act and stop him.

Edited by GREYLUPO
  • Like 1

. . .Thank god that crazy bastard used a glock instead of an HK to shoot the congresswoman and those other innocent people. If it were an HK or sig many more people would have died.

The news said he used a 9mm glock and when he tried to reload the mag broke and the gun jammed, buying brave people time to act and stop him.

REALLY???!!! Was bringing up this recent horrific tragedy truly RELEVANT to the OP's question and the discussion taking place in this thread?

NOT!