Where are all the 7.62s?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SO stoked!!! When I checked their site to see "IN STOCK" I did a double kick jump flip in my chair and called and told 3 different people who probably weren't as stoked as I am since they don't have o

Its good to have a date, but march? dang. sure its just like a week away, but i want it now. haha. good thing i got my 12 to keep me happy.

Just spoke with Mike at AoA, he said my 7.62 would be shipping out tomorrow at the latest.   Can't wait for my first Saiga!    

Posted Images

All will be revealed huh? Lol what is there an info fairy waiting to drop her infinite saiga knowledge or something? :)

Yeah, we call him BVamp :lolol:

ETA: Here you go: http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=61878&view=findpost&p=591929

Edited by VaiFanatic

Damn... I just hope I can find one at the gun show coming up. I'd be happy with either barrel if I could get ahold of one for decent cost.

edit: I didn't realize you posted this in 7.62x39. I was looking at new content.

I'm going to be getting the .308 if I can find one.

Edited by danklab

Damn... I just hope I can find one at the gun show coming up. I'd be happy with either barrel if I could get ahold of one for decent cost.

edit: I didn't realize you posted this in 7.62x39. I was looking at new content.

I'm going to be getting the .308 if I can find one.

The .308s seem to be just as difficult to find, so I'd wager to say anything said in here would apply to them as well. By this time next week, BVamp should be enlightening us as to what the damn deal is.

From much looking around on forum.saiga-12.com, the general consensus is that the importer has changed from Russian American Armory, to a company called Mercury Hermes; hence the sudden shortage. Some forum members have already mentioned picking up some Saiga rifles with the new importer's name etched into the receiver. The discussion of the so-called shortage has been brought up more than once. It would be convenient if all of this could be merged into one thread.

I'm in the same boat though. I'm trying to get a .223 to put next to my 12 and 7.62x39, but the shop seems stressed out about not having any, and claims to be trying to get them. My local shop could not provide me with an approximate date as to when the rifles (all calibers are gone) would be back in stock. I'm patiently waiting, but checking back here on a daily basis as usual.

post-22535-0-96345900-1295524159_thumb.jpg

Edited by ICarryIWB

From much looking around on forum.saiga-12.com, the general consensus is that the importer has changed from Russian American Armory, to a company called Mercury Hermes; hence the sudden shortage. Some forum members have already mentioned picking up some Saiga rifles with the new importer's name etched into the receiver. The discussion of the so-called shortage has been brought up more than once. It would be convenient if all of this could be merged into one thread.

I'm in the same boat though. I'm trying to get a .223 to put next to my 12 and 7.62x39, but the shop seems stressed out about not having any, and claims to be trying to get them. My local shop could not provide me with an approximate date as to when the rifles (all calibers are gone) would be back in stock. I'm patiently waiting, but checking back here on a daily basis as usual.

PM BVamp to see if he'll tell you anything.

The bad thing about the shops around here is that they don't really care to keep them in stock. They're still not big sellers around here, which means that if they do get one it won't move too quickly, but it's also hard to find one locally.

Yeah, I've been looking for a 5.45, because FFL transfer fees here are $50+ so I'd be better off buying local anyway, including tax.

CSS has 223's in stock. A few other caliber Saigas as well.

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-510/SAIGA-223--16%22/Detail

$350 is a bit much for me, partner. I bought my 7.62x39mm for $305, and the .223s were priced the same. I just hope they won't increase in price, once they've got them back in. I bought my Saiga 12 a matter of months ago for $465, and they've already bumped them up to $505, locally. It wouldn't shock me if they were into the $350 range, like CSS, once they're back on the wall.

The bad thing about the shops around here is that they don't really care to keep them in stock. They're still not big sellers around here, which means that if they do get one it won't move too quickly, but it's also hard to find one locally.

Yeah, I've been looking for a 5.45, because FFL transfer fees here are $50+ so I'd be better off buying local anyway, including tax.

Same here... nobody around here does FFL transfers affordably. They're all in the range of $50 to $65.. so I'm better off paying $20 or $30 more than the going rate for the rifle itself if I can find one anywhere.

Same here... nobody around here does FFL transfers affordably. They're all in the range of $50 to $65.. so I'm better off paying $20 or $30 more than the going rate for the rifle itself if I can find one anywhere.

Wow, Around here in California 50$ IS the cheapest transfer fee, not to mention most FFLs will add sales tax for out of state dealer orders. I just bit the bullet after 2 months of shopping on a backordered 7.62. They claimed they would be in stock the first week of february. Oh and hi guys, new lurker finally registered.

Edited by wulf

I don't know if its against rules to post links to other forums, but over at calguns Atlantic Arms contributed to a few threads on this topic saying:

Yes there was a change of importer thus the diffrent stamping

and

All of the incoming rifles that are marked Legion should have Dimples ' date=' Legion is a branch of the Izmash Arsenal and considered to be a step above the standard Saiga rifles. Russian American Armory is still involved in the distribution of the product lines but also have partner handling the imports Thus the new markings. We are a distributor for them and have IZ 132 & IZ 240 rifles in stock however do not expect more until 2011.[/quote']