I keep hearing fellas holler for belt fed weapons, this one interests me and I was wondering if anyone has used them before. $3300.00 is still a pretty stiff price but cheaper then some. http://www.valkyriearmament.com/?ammoland

If anyone has any info on this company (other then what can be pulled from the website) that'd be awesome. Even better, if you know of a company that would/will/does make belt fed uppers for ARs PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post it! I have a project in mind that would work with one of my current projects but need a smaller belt fed weapon then a 1919.....1919=Frickin heavy!

It's a Shrike copy I guess.

I know guys that have been waiting, pre-paid, for 5 years to get their Shrike from Ares. I did get to shoot one though, pretty cool.

YARP, go to the subguns forums and look in the classifieds. That's where the cool kids hang out.

Look up the Shrike from Ares Defense. It is something you will have to get on a waiting list for unless you go on GB or one of the forums where someone is selling theirs.

I totally get the appeal, but I don't think I would own one for what they are charging unless I could afford a registered lower too.

http://subguns.com/

And yes, it's a pretty silly investment without an M-16 lower.

The one thing that we are allowed to have in MI! Full auto!

Don't own any yet, maybe when I'm more financially stable. If I could get an upper and then go after a lower (FA) later that might be an option, although I still want a Glock 18 before all that.

*sigh*

Come on lottery!

Don't own any yet, maybe when I'm more financially stable. If I could get an upper and then go after a lower (FA) later that might be an option, although I still want a Glock 18 before all that.

*sigh*

Come on lottery!

If you’re lucky you could find a transferable DIAS. Though most people tend hang on to them.

Edited by Gun Fanatic

What's DIAS? I'm so out of the loop when it comes to class 3 weapons.

Drop In Auto Sear. Kind of like the Fleming sear for H&K gun but on the AR. You have a registered sear that you can hore out to different guns.

I always dreamed of a .22lr minigun with a backpack of ammo...

Yes one of these please

What's DIAS? I'm so out of the loop when it comes to class 3 weapons.

Drop In Auto Sear. Kind of like the Fleming sear for H&K gun but on the AR. You have a registered sear that you can hore out to different guns.

Pretty sure you just changed my life with that sentence!

*sigh*

Come on lottery!

Unfortunately Glock 18's were never imported before the 1986 machine gun freeze (i.e. civilians can only own machine guns manufactured before May of 1986). The only way you can get your hands on one of those (or the drop in auto sear) legally is to become a SOT dealer or manufacturer.

• Like 1

Getting back to the belt fed AR. I ran into some "Tough Guys" that were testing some Shrikes as a SAW replacement in Baghdad back in 2003. They were not impressed due to barrel thickness and heat issues. Said they'd take a SAW over it anyday. Our 249s were fairly compact anyway with Para barrels and M-4 style collapsible stocks. I guess it all boils down to what you are using the beltfed AR for. If it's a range toy, fine. For sustained fighting like a SAW is designed for, not so good. I dig the .22 minigun btw.

I don't really see this being practical. It is most likely closed bolt and the barrels aren't interchangeable. I just don't see the gov profile barrel dissipating heat fast enough for use a squad automatic weapon.

Cool range toy but not a practical combat weapon.

I don't really see this being practical. It is most likely closed bolt and the barrels aren't interchangeable. I just don't see the gov profile barrel dissipating heat fast enough for use a squad automatic weapon.

Cool range toy but not a practical combat weapon.

Which weapon bro?

MT Predator-Agreed, wouldn't touch anything Shrike makes with a 10 foot pull and you pushing. There past will haunt them forever due to there poor business skills. I'd love a SAW but the only "kit" I've found is running for $6000.00 and is still missing parts :cryss: