Split back the barrel

Well I let my brother borrow my s12 and when it came back "somehow" the barrel was split back what do I do now where can I get a new barrel

Split back? Can we see pics? Like in the cartoons when a barrel is plugged and they shoot and it blows up and splits? LOL. No laughing matter at all. Sorry. Never heard of this. I'd like to see a picture if you're able to.

Now that is a good reason to get an SBS stamp. I can see it now in section 4 item I (State why you intend to make firearm) "Barrel was split back". Sounds like a great reason to build an SBS. +1 for SBS stamp :angel:

• Like 1
Like in the cartoons when a barrel is plugged and they shoot and it blows up and splits?

Thats how a barrel often fails, the muzzle is often a weak point and they split from the muzzle back. Likely either a faulty barrel or a shell with too much pressure, either a defective OEM load or someone got carried away with a reload.

Something akin to this:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=HEOEu6k6sFE

Edited by fauxknight

I'll try to get pics asap but has about an 8 inch swell with a hole in it. The stamp idea could I get the stamp and then cut it down?

Yes. That is actually the only way to do it legally as a non-licensee. At about what distance from the breach is it visibly affected? What type of ammo do you usually like to fire?

Like in the cartoons when a barrel is plugged and they shoot and it blows up and splits?

Thats how a barrel often fails, the muzzle is often a weak point and they split from the muzzle back. Likely either a faulty barrel or a shell with too much pressure, either a defective OEM load or someone got carried away with a reload.

Something akin to this:

That is some crazzzzzy shit man

Something akin to this:

thats crazy. but if you have a super hot load then it would blow out the chamber and the bolt etc, doesn't really make sense that the end of the barrel would blow. a plugged barrel would better explain an exploding barrel - right?

Mud will do that! I have seen quite a few over the years where someone stuck the barrel down in mud and then pulled the trigger. It seemed that every gunshop had one of display when I was a kid. They then just fit them with a Cutts Comp and choke if that would be long enough to bring them back up to legal length.

I'll try to get pics asap but has about an 8 inch swell with a hole in it. The stamp idea could I get the stamp and then cut it down?

Remeber, if you cut 8" off of it, you will prolly have to work on the gas system