Any links, pics, or info on tricked out CZ 52's

Picked up a very nice CZ 52 for a new project gun and other than the usual (firing pins, rollers, slide release, grips, etc) I haven't found anything really unusual being done to these. As cheap as they are, it makes for a perfect base pistol project but nobody seems to be very creative in terms of modding. I found one link for a thumb drop mag release mod (but it looks a bit cobbed) and back in the day threaded barrels were available but for the life of me I can't even find one on the boards. I'd really like to do a better version of the thumb mag release and come up with a way to compensate the barrel (with all the extra gas available it seems like a no brainer). Possibly come up with a way to get a bit more capacity. Also needs some good sights. This is in no way going to be a CCW so certain rules won't apply.

Anyone found or done anything interesting, please post as I've come up mostly empty.

**required picture included-rail is just something I was playing with and isn't attached

post-1866-0-52914600-1297825312_thumb.jpg

^^^Agreed. I ran across a thread that had one sold by the JPFO some years back and had some rail to play with. I have a bud that got me interested in the CZ that had tried a trigger guard mounted laser that failed to hold, thought this might be an option but even if I drop the heigth I still dont think it's going to look right. Think I'll go bug Nate and see if he can share some info on the mag drop mod or shoot me a price.

• 4 weeks later...

Started to do some updates. Gunfixr was cool enough to share some info on using a S&W mag catch for a modern release so I did a little milling and made my own knob and extended slide release. Mags drop like butter and it's nice to have the ability to lock or release the slide easily. Once I get some better ideas on donor sights those are getting changed out-I've got some Sig's I'm playing with. Anybody with sight info it would be most helpful. I'll have to cut a dovetail for the front and most likely re-cut the rear. Biggest issue I see is the spring running the full length of the barrel and the slide's a bit thin at the front.

post-1866-0-41194600-1300233258_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I dovetailed an S&W M&P HiViz front sight into mine, and a 1911 white dot rear.

Just measure the factory front and rear height, and go up the same amount on the new ones. I measured the difference in the M&P front, and moved the rear up the same amount. It hits pretty well on.

Thanks for the sight tip Nate, the front Sig I'm playing with is some bastard dovetail size so I haven't even bought the cutter yet. Originally I liked the idea since the fronts and rears come in several sizes but I'm starting to rethink it. Gun Fanatic, ahh......no (I've got a .25 that size-thank god your pic is fake). One more tip, that bright ass Chinese laser had a life span of 3 shots-good irons are a must.

Arik, that pistol has been around a few years. It is one of the most modified CZ52s I have seen and its owner, a fellow that goes by the name of Brigadier over on the CZ boards, has done a lot to advance the idea of modding these pistols.

That said, I like 6500rpms a lot more. It looks more like what the factory would have evolved it to if it was still being made today. I just wish I had access to a Mill now. :(

Edited by Azrial
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...