Which do you like best   

66 members have voted

1. 1. What style of grip do you like best?

I started this because there does not seem to be a lot of existing posts reviewing the AFG's. In most of the photos that I found of Saiga's with this style grip it is the original AFG. Why is that? I just read somewhere that the AFG will be discontinued and the AFG2 will be taking its place. So I want to know which is the best grip and why? Tell me about your experience, so I don't waste my money. Thanks

I had a AFG on my SCAR 17 for a little while. I picked it over the 2 because I liked it a little beefier. It was nice but I replaced it with the FUCKING AWESOME Grippod.

Tell ya what, Ill make you an offer you cant refuse.

You make a donation of 10$ to this forum, and Ill send you an almost brand new AFG. No box. Its only 3 weeks old. When the mods confirm you have done this, PM me an addy you want it sent to and Ill send it and even pay for the shipping.

You have my word.

My cats gonna be pissed, he really like the ergos!

post-27192-0-93851100-1297922166_thumb.jpg

post-27192-0-98033900-1297922926_thumb.jpg

Edited by GREYLUPO
  • Like 7

Before Magpul put the AFG on the market, I was able to be a test dummy for it along with a group of buddies I shoot with. We tested it on multiple platforms with rails from numerous manufacturers to include my S-12 fitted with a Chaos quad. We found fitment/clearance issues with a few different quad setups not including interference with other accessories. We provided feedback back to Magpul, hence a new style being designed. Myself and all the other guys in our group found it to be awkward which I chalk up to all shooters being Military / Ex-Military and too used to using a VFG. Maybe with time, I could get used to it. I'll stick with a VFG though.

I have an AFG, at the time it was the only thing out. Now I'd prolly go with the 2...only because its the newest version and therefore better. I have it mounted on a tri-rail on my VEPR AK and fitment wasn't a problem. IF I were to ever get a VFG, it would be a grippod - might as well get double duty out of it.

I have an AFG, at the time it was the only thing out. Now I'd prolly go with the 2...only because its the newest version and therefore better. I have it mounted on a tri-rail on my VEPR AK and fitment wasn't a problem. IF I were to ever get a VFG, it would be a grippod - might as well get double duty out of it.

....using that logic i guess an '86 chevy malibu is better than a '57 Bel Air? LOL

• Like 1

....using that logic i guess an '86 chevy malibu is better than a '57 Bel Air? LOL

Actually, in some ways it probably is. But it's comparitively WAY lower on the classy and kewl factors!!:super:

Actually, in some ways it probably is. But it's comparitively WAY lower on the classy and kewl factors!!:super:

Wow, i guess bikers are right. Wwhen asked why they ride harley davidsons (thats a motorcycle brand btw) they answer "if i had to explain it....you wouldnt understand." :rolleyes:

post-19378-0-41209600-1298095917_thumb.jpg

I really love this thing. It is very ergonomic although I DO plan on spraying the shit out of it with Brownell's spray grit soon. That stuff is the bomb diggity for grip. Especially if you use spray something down in spray grit, then paint over it. You get the extremely awesome grippy grip and not the glossy type finish that it leaves.

I really love this thing. It is very ergonomic although I DO plan on spraying the shit out of it with Brownell's spray grit soon. That stuff is the bomb diggity for grip. Especially if you use spray something down in spray grit, then paint over it. You get the extremely awesome grippy grip and not the glossy type finish that it leaves.

Where did you did get that dust cover?

Where did you did get that dust cover?

That's a factory dust cover custom manufactured by JJ the GUN MAN. I heard he does some good work ;)

I had a AFG on my SCAR 17 for a little while. I picked it over the 2 because I liked it a little beefier. It was nice but I replaced it with the FUCKING AWESOME Grippod.

Ya know what Grippods are used for in Iraq and Afghanistan? Propping your weapon up on the floor in the chow hall when you are eating. I have not heard one instance where a Grippod was deployed and used in a firefight in either AO. You mainly see them on the Fobbits' weapons in the rear. Not many even seen outside the wire on weapons fired every day in combat.

Ya know what Grippods are used for in Iraq and Afghanistan? Propping your weapon up on the floor in the chow hall when you are eating. I have not heard one instance where a Grippod was deployed and used in a firefight in either AO. You mainly see them on the Fobbits' weapons in the rear. Not many even seen outside the wire on weapons fired every day in combat.

HAHAHA +1 U ever heard this Predator..greatest shit ever. By a REAL group that called themselves the 425th cause of the 4th ID unit they were in...By the way...we NEVER used them either...always just the Knights armament regular ass VG that screws on and tightens from the bottom or no grip at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Hqv5yBaXaI

sooooo real

Now back to your regularly broad-casted AFG discussion :angel:

Edited by JJ the GUN MAN

Thats what a few of my buddies said too. I really doubt alot of afgs are being used though.:lolol: I love my grip pod for what is, a good vert grip with weapon stabilization capabilities. ive only had it for about 3 weeks on my SCAR17 but I used it alot., Ive got over 1000 rounds through it already. Shooting offhand it works good like a vert grip, when I was sighting in my irons and scope, it was handy on the bench, and I liked it shootng prone. I like it the most when I set the rifle down like in the pic. I like it better than the AFG I had though and Im mailing it out Mon to a member here

post-27192-0-94255200-1298186692_thumb.jpg

Wow, i guess bikers are right. Wwhen asked why they ride harley davidsons (thats a motorcycle brand btw) they answer "if i had to explain it....you wouldnt understand." :rolleyes:

LOL!! I was "agreeing" with you... in a fence-riding sort of way.:lolol:

Thats what a few of my buddies said too. I really doubt alot of afgs are being used though.:lolol: I love my grip pod for what is, a good vert grip with weapon stabilization capabilities. ive only had it for about 3 weeks on my SCAR17 but I used it alot., Ive got over 1000 rounds through it already. Shooting offhand it works good like a vert grip, when I was sighting in my irons and scope, it was handy on the bench, and I liked it shootng prone. I like it the most when I set the rifle down like in the pic. I like it better than the AFG I had though and Im mailing it out Mon to a member here

I hear ya. Just fucking with you. :haha: I've used my buddies Grippod at the range for zeroing a weapon minus a bipod and it served it's purpose. There are AFGs in use over there as are a large number of different VFGs and handstops. Just the shooter's preference.

I think it depends on how you shoot and what you are used to. I shoot with my support hand out as far as I can get it. I actually wish I could go out further than the choas rail allows. I really like the AFG and run a AFG2 on a number of guns. Some people who I shoot with who use a different grip and/or stance don't like it nearly as much as I do. If I use a VFG I use a broken grip and find the AFG superior to that. The only thing I miss is the storage space in the VFG.

I shoot like this (well the hand position that is), and for that I think the AFG is hard to beat.

haley-saiga.jpg

travis_saiga12.png

I run one on my AK rifles like this one:

afg8.jpg

I see lots of people running the AFG in very close and I find that a bit curious, but whatever makes people happy or works for them is ok I suppose.

What I need is one I can shoot like this

travis_saigashorty.png

Edited by Zambidis

DARN if he won't I WILLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell ya what, Ill make you an offer you cant refuse.

You make a donation of 10$ to this forum, and Ill send you an almost brand new AFG. No box. Its only 3 weeks old. When the mods confirm you have done this, PM me an addy you want it sent to and Ill send it and even pay for the shipping.

You have my word.

My cats gonna be pissed, he really like the ergos!

• 1 month later...

Here is a helpful picture I found comparing the design and size of each. Side by side there is not as much of a difference as I thought. I can see why the original AFG is discontinued. I'm still think about a folding VFG, to me it seems more functional.

Would be cool if they made a folding VFG that looks like the AFG when folded.

• Like 1