I'm new

First I'd like to say hi to everyone and then I had a few quick questions. I just got my siaga 12 last month have only shot it a few times and I'm looking to add a few things. First the barrels threaded if it has tht little bit of threading on the outside at the end right?

Second I was gonna ask how this setup sounds and if it would be 922® compliant.

1. Add a Saiga T6 Collapsible Intrafuse Stock pistol grip(thru Mississippi auto arms)

2. Add the V-plug

3. Add a new puck can't decide on which tho

4. Add a 10 round mag/ 2 round mag for hunting.

5. And possible quad rail/tri rail can't figure out which I'd

rather have, want the chaos tri rail but it's out of stock

6. Possibly a vertical grip later on.

What do y'all think.

I am in your boat with a new Saiga 12, except I have to keep it in the original configuration because of retarded New Jersey gun laws. I am proceeding slowly since the gun works well in its stock form. I bought a poly-choke and a 2 round magazine so I can try it out when I go for pheasant in the next week or two. I also bought the MD plug. I will be trying it out tomorrow with a variety of ammo. I figure if it doesn't work well, I have spent $25 on stupider things. Unless I were to send the gun out to be professionally finished, I would want to only have one variable at a time to think about. To me, switching the puck and the plug at the same time would make it hard to tell which one was at fault if you have a feeding/ejection problem. I am trying to go slow and steady. We'll see how that works out. :)

If you're mechanically inclined, you may want to consider doing the additional work of converting it to the original configuration. It's a little more work, but IMO, it's worth it. Go to the Conversion Section of the Forum and also check out the thread in this (S12) section "Have you converted your Saiga". There are a couple of Members (Sheik Yerbouti and Moe Zambeak come to mind) that have visual aids as well. Go over these pieces of information several times. If I was going to do it again (and I might), I would have the parts laid out in front of me and follow it directly. The senior members that have made this information available are far more eloquent than I am. I hope this helps.

Say good bye to the warranty if u convert. Once it quits running u will be spending money out of your pocket to fix the problem. All of these new owners should put at least 500 rounds thru it to see if warranty work is required. Dont matter how pretty it is if u have fte after fte.

Very good advice!

My T6 is down in the corner boneyard piled up with all of the other random stocks that I will never use. The stock wasen't so bad at first and is definatly better than the factory buttstock, but once converted it just seems goofy. Put that money towards some conversion parts. Also, I endorse the purchase of a Chaos rail system. Check out the picture thread and get some ideas. Have fun!

Thanks for the advice and the posting for conversion. On the topic of warranties tho I bought mine pre-owned but never fired no box no book so not sure how old it even is all I know is tht it is in perfect condition and there wasn't a bit of wear on it. Got lucky and got it really cheap. But not sure bout warranty .

Converting (moving FCG forward, adding PG, different stock) will not necessarily void the warranty. Here is a thread with several very knowledgeable S12.com forum members and Cadiz Gun Works (Tom Cole, warranty gunsmith for RAAC) weighing in on when you lose your warranty service. http://forum.saiga-1...showtopic=59443

Edited by jamesmadison

Tromix is top notch stuff, SAW PG is good too. I went with the E-Tac No Twist trigger guard http://www.saiga-12.com/proddetail.asp?prod=ET0007&cat=16, Arsenal Single Stage FCG modified from Dinzag http://www.dinzagarms.com/misc_parts/fcg.html, and a SAW PG. Don't rush in to anything. I don't think you will like that T6 stock. Oh yeah, welcome!!

Oh and yea the chaos looks pretty sweet only want tri rail because I like the fixed sights and don't have a whole lot of plans for anything on the top. Plan on using this as a law enforcement/ hunting weapon.

I would advise against going law enforcement hunting.

:haha:

Welcome to the forum brother :up: