Those Super Singles look very cool.

Not only cool, makes easier/better snow/mud driving. Reason why most modern military has gone to supper singles. The camper has 11.00 R 20's. Stock was 9.00 on it and duece. What's crazy, government still has a lot of vehicles contracted for dualed 11.00 R 20's, first thing that happens when delvered to depot, converted to super singles. Able to get a set of new $450 tires for $90 each. :smoke:

• Like 1

Not only cool, makes easier/better snow/mud driving. Reason why most modern military has gone to supper singles. The camper has 11.00 R 20's. Stock was 9.00 on it and duece. What's crazy, government still has a lot of vehicles contracted for dualed 11.00 R 20's, first thing that happens when delvered to depot, converted to super singles. Able to get a set of new $450 tires for $90 each. :smoke:

I would like some huge super singles but I can't get a straight answer about top speed and mileage.If the mileage doesn't go up a bunch then I would rather just go for the gold and super single a 5 Ton.

What kind of mileage increase did you get with super singles?

I would like some huge super singles but I can't get a straight answer about top speed and mileage.If the mileage doesn't go up a bunch then I would rather just go for the gold and super single a 5 Ton.

Speed went up 6 to 10%(high range/highway speeds) from stock 9.00's. Mileage on duece went from 9 to 11 mpg to a regular 14. Best was 16. Better than the 89 blue Dodge. 10 :cryss: Bobbed truck runs the same. Duece has front lockers, and front drive axle also has lock out. So, can run only off 1 drive axle. Got front lock outs for bobber, just haven't had time to upgrade. :smoke:

Edited by Ruffian72
  • Like 1

Speed went up 6 to 8%. Milage on duece went from 9 to 11 mpg to a regular 14. Best was 16. Better than the 89 blue Dodge. 10 :cryss:

14MPG!

My Jeep gets 14MPG and will barely haul a week's worth of groceries,lol

What tire size, what pressure, what SS wheel system and what engine are you running?

I have been sandbagging on getting a deuce and doing as big a set of super singles as possible but 14MPG in a truck that size makes that a realistic vehicle for daily chores around the property.

Edited by SOPMOD

Speed went up 6 to 8%. Milage on duece went from 9 to 11 mpg to a regular 14. Best was 16. Better than the 89 blue Dodge. 10 :cryss:

14MPG!

My Jeep gets 14MPG and will barely haul a week's worth of groceries,lol

What tire size, what pressure, what SS wheel system and what engine are you running?

I have been sandbagging on getting a deuce and doing as big a set of super singles as possible but 14MPG in a truck that size makes that a realistic vehicle for daily chores around the property.

The duece has special mod wheels 15/80R20's couple inches wider, the bobber is what most use. 395/85 R 20's. 30psi. Can use stock wheels. Just flip rear hub(s)(Split rims) Make sure local shops will do. In farm regions, not much problem. multi fuel/diesel. Will help with all questions. Check out "Steel Soldiers" forum. :smoke:

• Like 1

one hell of a base for a camper... very nice.

Thanks, Designed everything to be unboltable. All propane, 8,000 watt generator, on demand hot water, stove top, and heater. Portable room style AC. 12/24/110 power. Water/sewer system like RV. Full size shower, toilet, sink. Fold out queen and double bunk. Process of building a mad max style bumper, and roof racks. :smoke:

• Like 2

Guys, Next time home, will get some taken. Like most projects. Start out simple, then add on and upgrades of initial plans. :rolleyes: 4 foot section of deck where ladder is, folds up, to give receiver hich clearance for hook up to regular trailers, and a receiver hitch bumper goes in when hot in use. Staying out 4 to 7 weeks lately, not getting as much done as wanted. :unsure::smoke: DaveM, sister-n-law says campgrounds wont let it in.

A Deuce would really help me get around on snowy days like we have been having (my Corolla is almost worthless on unplowed roads), but I would be hard pressed to find a place to store one of them. I have heard that they can be obtained for a reasonable price ($4K-$5K), but I have no idea on how widely available parts happen to be.

A Deuce would really help me get around on snowy days like we have been having (my Corolla is almost worthless on unplowed roads), but I would be hard pressed to find a place to store one of them. I have heard that they can be obtained for a reasonable price ($4K-$5K), but I have no idea on how widely available parts happen to be.

When I was stranded In minneapolis yesterday, it would have been good. You are right on price range, and parts are easily gotten from several locations. Basic to work on, figure they were originally designed for an 18 year old draftee to work on, just at time catch myself overthinking the manual. Age is not too much an issue when looking. Everytime motor depot rebuilt/refurbished replaced odometer and hour meter. If really interested, check out "Steel Soldiers" website. Massive amount of info and regular fellows who hobby/build/restore. :smoke: P.S. like weapons, can get very addictive. :cryss: Tags and insurance is cheap.

• 6 months later...

I'm bring this thread back!

I'm buying my first M35A2 in a couple weeks...

Anybody else out there have one? I'm looking for advice on things to look out for, both good and bad. Tips, trick and warnings of a Deuce nature...

Are you getting it from the fella in K-zoo? If so let us know how he is to deal with, I looked at one from him a few years back. Good price, excellent shape but not the nicest to deal with over the phone.

I'm getting some bad vibes from him, and nobody on steelsoldiers has a good thing to say about them...

...but, if they are in tight enough financial straights, I might get a better buy. I'm going in the first week of Oct with cash to pick out my truck. I was promised a selection that would be ready to drive away, and a totally cleaned and refurbished truck for a MAXIMUM of $6000.00 for an M35A2. Some options of lower quality for less money...