Finally got my hands on a Saiga 12, BUT...

I went to a gunshow about 90 miles North of me. Found the only dealer that had a Saiga 12.

Price? $719, Offered $700 and accepted. I filled out the 4473 form and Paid the extortionist price.

Got a DELAY from NICS. I went to the other show 4 miles away. The dealer from the first show

called me and said I was DENIED!!!

Before anyone jumps on me, yes, I have filed an online appeal.

Now I have purchased Three other long guns and one pistol in the past 1.5 years. So this

Denial is out of the blue. I have not had anything to do with the cops in the past 14 years since

I moved to NH from the Bahamas.

With the original gun purchase that I am still waiting for, all the conversion parts, accessories,

and ammo, I have put out more than $2K to get me rolling. I now feel that I am getting shafted

at every turn about getting a Saiga 12

I may go with a Voluntary Appeals File to get a UPIN so this doesn't happen again. I think that

someone "Fat Fingered" the NICS input on me.

I have also read that now that I have a Denial from NICS that I am a prohibited person with

respect to my other firearms that I already own. The Local Police or the ATF could come and

confiscate my other guns for "safe keeping" until the matter gets resolved. If I get stopped

transporting the guns they could get cofiscated and me arrested for being a "Prohibited

Person in Possesion"

This is F'd up!

Malodave

The guy said he had made multiple purchases over the last couple of years and not had a problem. Why are y'all making veiled accusations about him? Is it beyond your comprehension that the people on the other end have made a mistake?

Because it reads like someone fishing for sympathy. If he's not really a person prohibited, it stinks. But the story doesn't have enough of the important details to make sense.

Edited by Koljec

Malo,

Get a copy of your credit report and make sure that there are is no unusual usage posted with your name. I was denied for a puchase several years ago due to someone using my social security number, but with a different name attached. They had outstanding felony warrants for their arrest, but the warrant listed my SSN. I know that your SSN is not supposed to be used as an identifier, but it is used that way everyday by everyone. It was kind of a pain in the butt to get corrected (filed fraud reports with credit bureau, etc.), but it finally worked its way out in the end. I'm not saying that this is the reason for the denial, but it is always wise to check the uncommon things during the wait.

Hope this helps,

GPD

Edited by GeorgiaPD
  • Like 3

I have not had any dealings with the police for over 25 years and those charges

were dismissed. So this denial is totally out of the blue. That arrest 25 years ago is

keeping me from getting a conceiled carry permit. I have started the process to

have my records expunged for that.

The NICS system can not give any info to the dealer on what the denial was based on

pursuant to the Privacy Act. I have to wait a week or so for the letter to arrive from the FBI

stating the reason.

I worked at the US NAVY's AUTEC Base on Andros Island in the Bahamas with a DOD

Security Clearance. So No, There were not any Felony charges in the Bahamas.

I will check on the credit report, but I don't think there is anything on there because I am

using a credit watch service for any discrepancies.

Malodave

Edited by MaloDave
  • Like 2

The guy said he had made multiple purchases over the last couple of years and not had a problem. Why are y'all making veiled accusations about him? Is it beyond your comprehension that the people on the other end have made a mistake?

My post was intended to be tongue-in-cheek. It seems it came off wrong though. I'm sorry if I offended.:unsure::beer:

Because it reads like someone fishing for sympathy. If he's not really a person prohibited, it stinks. But the story doesn't have enough of the important details to make sense.

I don't think it comes off like that at all. One, he's frustrated that he's got a bunch of money tied up in a gun that he doesn't have in his possession, and two, he's having the ability to purchase firearms from a dealer denied, after doing just that for the last year and a half (assuming that all the guns he bought in the last year and a half were purchased through a dealer).

I'm just going on what the guy posted, not trying to play detective and read into what he divulged.

My post was intended to be tongue-in-cheek. It seems it came off wrong though. I'm sorry if I offended.:unsure::beer:

I'm not offended, man. Not a problem.

were dismissed. So this denial is totally out of the blue. That arrest 25 years ago is

The NICS system can not give any info to the dealer on what the denial was based on

pursuant to the Privacy Act. I have to wait a week or so for the letter to arrive from the FBI

stating the reason.

I will check on the credit report, but I don't think there is anything on there because I am

Malodave

My apologies. I live in an area where every gun crime committed is by a person prohibited, and I've gotten jaded by it.

While you deal with the bureaucracy, you might want to contact an attorney.

The system needs improvement if the government can make prompt denials without providing prompt reasons. This isn't HIPAA, and privacy is not really being served in this case.

• Like 1

Pretty much all gun crime is by restricted persons, that's just a fact of life.

But just because you can't buy guns from an FFL, doesn't mean that you can't own them. My roommate can't pass a FFL background check (from an old ass misdemeanor weed charge that was dismissed), but he has a pistol permit and is able to buy guns from private sellers. I keep telling him to get it taken care of, I don't think it would be hard to do.

Edited by elvis christ

You said you left the show while the seller was trying to do a background check. Maybe someone offered to pay full price and he just came up with an excuse?

I usually stick around. Sometimes they need more info because your name matches someone elses. The gun store I go to have this problem with a local judge. His name matches that of a criminal. Sometimes he gets denied and has to add his ss# to get approved other ties he doesn't.

I was denied purchasing a firearm a couple years ago due to a detention that occurred 20 years prior, and had to go to the california DOJ, FBI, NICS, and the arresting agency that detained me. I finally received a "detention only certificate" so i could prove to the NICS and FBI that I had never been adjudicated for a felony crime...

took me over a year of battling to finally prove that they had forgotten to issue a deposition showing that I was detained and released w/ no charges filed...

My heart goes out to you, for the battle you are about to start is unpleasant to say the least...Good luck

A girl I'm close to was denied due to the background check pulling up a murder conviction. :eek:

Turned out to be a similar name.

She got it worked out & got her Savage .308 before the opening of deer season...

Good thing, because my 1914 30-06 is too much felt recoil for her.

I love that rifle. ^_^

Good luck & Godspeed Dave.

This is F'd up!

Malodave

You're omitting the most important detail. What is the reason given for why you are a person prohibited?

If you read the entire story you will notice at the bottom he said he "read/heard he could now be a prohibited person". He never said he was.

He was delayed, then denied on a purchase. That does not mean he is prohibited. It only means for some reason they denied him. Likely because he was delayed then tryed to make another purchase.

A delay can be a large number of things and most of the time ends up being an error or nothing really.

Well I got the letter from the FBI yesterday.

Reason given:

"Fugitive from Justice"

No other info as to where or what could have caused this. Now I have to submit

a set of finger prints to really confirm if it is me for something I don't know about

or someone else with the same or similar name.

This has to be done at the local PD. I would like to ask them to do the criminal

background check in the NCIC but., If there is something, I would be arrested on

the spot without a chance to figure out anything first.

Living at the same address for the past 14 years how much of a fugitive could I be?

They could have come and picked me up at any time.

Malodave

Lol they sent you a letter telling you you're a fugitive from justice? !? Lol!! You'd think they'd send someone to arrest you.

Not as serious but just as odd when my school sent me a letter saying they don't have my address on file and for me to provide one.

Good luck to you!

Edited by Arik

Lol they sent you a letter telling you you're a fugitive from justice? !? Lol!! You'd think they'd send someone to arrest you.

Not as serious but just as odd when my school sent me a letter saying they don't have my address on file and for me to provide one.

Good luck to you!

:lolol::lolol:

Oh, fuck. Both of those are fucking hilarious.

Well, Dave, if you're a fugitive from justice and they have your address, you know what they say, "sometimes the best hiding spot is out in the open."

stating the reason.

Malodave

Malo,

AUTEC Rocks,

Cheapest Cigs and Beer in the Bahamas. I spent a couple years down there myself (not at AUTEC). How'd you like those No-seeums and skeeters???LOL

TYBOY

stating the reason.

Malodave

Malo,

AUTEC Rocks,

Cheapest Cigs and Beer in the Bahamas. I spent a couple years down there myself (not at AUTEC). How'd you like those No-seeums and skeeters???LOL

TYBOY

Well the Doctor Flys were the worst. They would actually take a chunk of skin with them.

When you swatted them down you had to step on them until they popped, or they would

come back at you with a vengeance. Anywhere near the beach with washed up

seaweed the No-seeums were a force unto themselves. The Base sprayed for the skeeters,

so they were not a real problem there. The rest of the island was on its own.

Malodave