I just got back home from shooting over 200 rounds using all 3" slugs, buck and steel shot and let me tell you, my s12 really got beat to shit. My shark brake, Chaos rail, and Tromix charge handle are loose, the rubber plug kept working itself out of my foregrip and the fucking dust cover flew off after about 50 rounds. I try to stay away from the red loctite for future purposes but I guess that needs to change.. Still can't figure out how my dust cover broke loose..?

Fuck it :super:

Edited by nattyiceking

Hell yeah it was a great time! Not to mention a good friend of mines cousin was up from Puerto Rico so I had to show him how we do it out here in America :super:

I been doing alot of reading and am stuck between the vplug and the autoplug, but regardless stilll using the factory gas plug. Began with the 45 rounds of birdshot I had left over, because aside from a few boxes of buckshot that is all I shoot. Drum, two dumps of 10 rd. stick,and 5 rd mag.

Switched over my gas plug to setting 1 and continued to let loose with nothing but 3" of all sorts of shit like I stated above. 10 rounds rapid fire back to back to back until what I remember was the fifth mag when my dust cover flew off about 3 or 4 rounds in. It scared the shit outta me so we stopped and I took apart the s12, sprayed down the bolt/bolt carrier with some PB blaster, cleaned it up and reassembled. (that probably didn't do much but alcohol makes you cautious) We blew through the rest of what I had with no dust cover problems. During that time I had to re-tighten my tromix shark brake and css barrel nut a few times, and the rubber plug from my tapco foregrip must of fell out a dozen times. My chaos rail and tromix charging handle were also loose by time we finished. I'm pretty sure red loctite could of solved most of these issues but my main concern is the dust cover flying off. To my knowledge the S12 is supposed to fire these rounds reliably.

Anyways it was a fucking blast no pun intended :smoke:

I just got back home from shooting over 200 rounds using all 3" slugs, buck and steel shot and let me tell you, my s12 really got beat to shit. My shark brake, Chaos rail, and Tromix charge handle are loose, the rubber plug kept working itself out of my foregrip and the fucking dust cover flew off after about 50 rounds. I try to stay away from the red loctite for future purposes but I guess that needs to change.. Still can't figure out how my dust cover broke loose..?

I couldn't help but laugh at your post. I can just picture your gun literally getting the shit beat out of it with all your gear coming loose and flying off. The dust cover part is strange. I thought I was going to break my thumb trying to get mine off when the BHO lever locked it back. Talk about a shit load of tension!

I'm going out this weekend with bro-in-law from

jerzy.....the peoples republc...lol

He is going to poop his pants...and that's just

when he seez it! LOL

I'v been saven up butt loads of ammo....

He's going to have a tattoo is going to last all

to way back to jerzy! Lol

your flying dust cover didn't rip your chin off did it?.. :lolol:

Has anyone here run Winchester Law Enforcement RA12RS15 Ranger 12Ga. 2 3/4 1oz. Low Recoil

Slugs through their S-12, do low recoil slugs work ok?

Thanks,

A friend shoots them out of his Saiga without any problems. He gave me a 5 pack and I found it last week when I was cleaning the gun room, but haven't shot them yet. Supposed to be pretty good ammo.

Doug