Skeet Shooting With Saiga 12

Took my Saiga 12 to local skeet range today and tried it out doing skeet. When I first got there couple people told me I couldn't shoot that gun cause its not a proper skeet gun. So I went to one of the people that manage the skeet shoot on Sundays and asked him. He said there is no law saying i can't shoot that gun, well that pissed some people off. My first round sucked but did better on the second. But after my 3rd round wasn't missing and clays and people were coming over to ask me after about the gun and want to try it. I think I got some people interested in the Saiga 12's. One was a local Police officer loaded him up a 10 round mag as fast as the clays coming out of the houses he was hitting them he loved the gun. He said to me after "with this gun we could start a whole new type of skeet shoot". My Saiga 12 is bone stock except for the barrel shroud made by 1Alumalite. I guess the got a big skeet shoot next Sunday and was asked to come back so the Police Officer can show my gun to people and maybe get a new style of skeet game going. As you can tell I had Great Sunday except for a couple of snobs.:D

• Like 3

I just cut and paste what i wrote to a different forum. Right off the bat first 2 replays were about the 10 round mag. Love how people read stuff the way they want to read it. Cause I said nothing about me using the full 10 round mag.

I took mine trap shooting with my friends and even though you load a single round at a time (sort of a pain with the saiga) it went fine. It took me a few clays to get used to it shooting lower than my regular shotgun, but nobody had any problems with me using it. I did adjust the polychoke down to full.. :rolleyes: Can't wait to take it to the sporting clays course this spring.. :angel:

Todd

I put a poly choke on mine for that very reason and have been testing it a bit. I have tried patterning the shot and making the choke adjustments but I see no difference in any of the polychoke settings.

Hopefully the local skeet range will let me in for a shoot.

I put a poly choke on mine for that very reason and have been testing it a bit. I have tried patterning the shot and making the choke adjustments but I see no difference in any of the polychoke settings.

Hopefully the local skeet range will let me in for a shoot.

How long is poly-choke? At my range barrel needs to 21'' long. I need to add 2'' more to the barrel?

WOW, that oneouncleload guy is a fucking douche. HE is exactly what is wrong with America today. A fucking asshole who has to stick his nose into a situation where there is no problem and then create one and all because HE doesn't think something is right.

People like that need to get told to STFU and mind their own business. Can you believe the nerve of some people? As long as the safety procedures where being followed who cares what kind of shotgun the person uses?

Some people are just straight up assholes that need a punch in the nose.

edit....

Shit, that douche is in north Florida. I should go to one of their shoots and bring my drum. In fact, I should try and get one of those huge 30 round drums just to wave it around this guy.....

Edited by PostsOnPercocet

When I attempt to rationalize & make sense or such messed up logic ...I begin to feel physically ill.

Seriously... I got to post # 64... I can't go any further :wacko:

that post went in so many differant directions its not funny any more

No I cant do it... won't read any more of that crazy stuff.

BUT.... I thought I'd be a nice guy and help them out!

Introducing the Ultra Fine Saiga-12 Trap Edition (Complete with extra-safe Two Round Magazine)

$28,990.95 MSRP

FineSaiga12TrapGun.jpg

Now you can own a Saiga-12 & Feel Sophisticated... while still hating the others who own one too :smoke:

Edited by ItsAllCreated
  • Like 1