Paulyski Polished Bolt Range Test Review

just got back from out of town to find my polish job i got from pauly.got in on the $65 special.at first inspection i was amazed at the work he did for $65.the bolt and the bottom of the carrier were so polished they looked like chrome.i did not want to get my fingerprints on the parts.the hammer was also highly polished and profiled.the disconector was also polished at the contact point.he also polished the trigger pin.the bolt carrier looked fabulous!he also included 3 gages to check your port sizes.as far as the work done,it was first class.now to the range for testing.it was a balmy 32 degrees,but sunny.i like going to the range during the day because usually everyone is working and i have it all to myself.i took 190 rds of ammo.150 rds of fed bulk pack,25 rds,universial bulk pack, and 15 rds of high brass birdshot.did not have any slugs.i believe if i can run this stuff,00 buck and slugs are no problem.this gun for me is mainly a fun toy,which doubles also as 1 of the deadliest weapons you can have at your disposal.i had a #2 recoil spring in before the test.i put the stock spring back in as i figure it should run with it.i have a twister puck and ports opened up to 32 thousands and a gunfixer gun plug.i had the 5 rd mag,2 10 rd agps and a promag 10 rd drum.i started the test with 5 rds of fed ammo in the stock mag.i was using a plastic 5 gallon bucket for a target.first 5 ran and ejected fine.i had the gunfixer gunplug set on #3.next up i loaded 5 rds of universal bulk pack in the stock mag.again no problems.next 10 rounds of universal and fed in a agp mag.no problems.next first try of the promag 10 rd drum.loaded what was left of universal and fed and blasted away.no problems.kept alternating the mags and the drum while eating up ammo.loaded the high brass in the drum,turned the plug to #2 and blast away.no problem.kept loading and shooting until i had a huge pile of empty cases lying around in the snow.i also destroyed a wooden pallet which was alot of fun.it was a great day,went home with a big smile on my face.the biggest pain was collecting all those cases out of the snow!in summary i highly reccomend paulys polish service.even at $99 it still is a deal.also i will not badmouth promag 10 rd drums and nobody else should either unless you try 1.i like the 10 rounder because it does not hang down far like a 10 rd mag.off to clean the weapon.

Edited by bigmegina
  • Like 1

there is no problem.i just never noticed it before,and i did not see it on anyone elses.nailbomb,i just noticed your in fulton.i live near rochester in the summer.we ride our bikes to captain jacks on sodus point for a beer on nice days.do you ever go to sodus point?

Edited by bigmegina

Big props to Pauly - I am also waiting on mine to come back. Can't wait - went ahead and polished my rails and some othe innards. Worked a trade for a magwell and hoping to get it all together to take out this weekend.

Paul is slammed with positive response to his services so I want to mention that it may take a bit longer than some are used to but this guy is true professional - always responds immediately to pm's and his work is topnotch :super:

Thinking about one of those cool hydro patterns on one of my romanian ak's and then get the ice rack done -

just got back from out of town to find my polish job i got from pauly.got in on the $65 special.at first inspection i was amazed at the work he did for $65.

So am I brother, so am I.

A big issue I have is I am neurotic. I can't cut corners.

I would rather be stressed & work 16 hour days, than lose all sense of self worth by sending shit work out of my shop.

If there's anyone more self critical than myself, I'm unaware.

It's on the border of obsessive compulsion.

the bolt and the bottom of the carrier were so polished they looked like chrome.i did not want to get my fingerprints on the parts.the hammer was also highly polished and profiled.the disconector was also polished at the contact point.he also polished the trigger pin.the bolt carrier looked fabulous!he also included 3 gages to check your port sizes.as far as the work done,it was first class.now to the range for testing.it was a balmy 32 degrees,but sunny.i like going to the range during the day because usually everyone is working and i have it all to myself.i took 190 rds of ammo.150 rds of fed bulk pack,25 rds,universial bulk pack, and 15 rds of high brass birdshot.did not have any slugs.i believe if i can run this stuff,00 buck and slugs are no problem.this gun for me is mainly a fun toy,which doubles also as 1 of the deadliest weapons you can have at your disposal.i had a #2 recoil spring in before the test.i put the stock spring back in as i figure it should run with it.i have a twister puck and ports opened up to 32 thousands and a gunfixer gun plug.i had the 5 rd mag,2 10 rd agps and a promag 10 rd drum.i started the test with 5 rds of fed ammo in the stock mag.i was using a plastic 5 gallon bucket for a target.first 5 ran and ejected fine.i had the gunfixer gunplug set on #3.next up i loaded 5 rds of universal bulk pack in the stock mag.again no problems.next 10 rounds of universal and fed in a agp mag.no problems.next first try of the promag 10 rd drum.loaded what was left of universal and fed and blasted away.no problems.kept alternating the mags and the drum while eating up ammo.loaded the high brass in the drum,turned the plug to #2 and blast away.no problem.kept loading and shooting until i had a huge pile of empty cases lying around in the snow.i also destroyed a wooden pallet which was alot of fun.it was a great day,went home with a big smile on my face.the biggest pain was collecting all those cases out of the snow!in summary i highly reccomend paulys polish service.even at $99 it still is a deal.also i will not badmouth promag 10 rd drums and nobody else should either unless you try 1.i like the 10 rounder because it does not hang down far like a 10 rd mag.off to clean the weapon.

Thanks.

Glad it worked well for you. :up:

& yeah, The fingerprint thing is a problem. ^_^

But the highest polished areas are the areas that see the most friction.

The body of the bolt that rotates as the gun cycles with shells pressing against it, & the underside that both slides over the shells as the ejection cycle begins is polished that highly to keep power in the cycle.

Yes, it's esthetically attractive, but it's done that way for function. The resultant beauty is simply icing on the cake.

When did the 10 round drum come out? I must have been sleeping in class that day :unsure:

It's a California thing.

They can only have 10 rounds.

It's a 12 round case with a 10 round "gear" instead of 12.

Same thing with Mike's 10 round drum. He just had 10 round "gears" made for the MD-20.

Big props to Pauly - I am also waiting on mine to come back. Can't wait - went ahead and polished my rails and some othe innards. Worked a trade for a magwell and hoping to get it all together to take out this weekend.

Paul is slammed with positive response to his services so I want to mention that it may take a bit longer than some are used to but this guy is true professional - always responds immediately to pm's and his work is topnotch :super:

Thinking about one of those cool hydro patterns on one of my romanian ak's and then get the ice rack done -

Very soon Mark.

VERY soon. Within the week.

One of my first internet customers (I've been active locally for a while now) had a very common issue.

A pin worked slightly loose & the gun didn't go fully into battery.

I paid his air-mail shipping back to me fixed it & shipped it back.

Ever since I've been tightening all pins on every unit I touch.

As I media blast the carriers, at times on some select pieces I come across scary things.

I can NOT send that out of my shop & I would feel wrong dropping a huge bill on someone who wasn't expecting it, so I eat it & redo it at my expense.

This all takes time.

I can actually hammer out a basic conversion faster than I can do a GlassBolt.

I can dp ALL the fixes including opening ports in the time it takes me to do an IceRack, GlassBolt & VCH.

I could, convert, tune, port, media blast & paint a gun in the time it takes me to repair a lousy weld, then realize I'm chasing my tail & it's porous all the way through, so just cut the damn thing off & put a new one on.

I JUST got done doing that unexpectedly.

I cannot bring myself to put my name on anything less than I would be proud to give my dad on his birthday & feel he would be safe shooting.

But I treat every order the same.

Everything that leaves my shop will be the absolute best.

I already decided on that.

This rush has been a blessing in disguise.

It's Motivated me to press my distributors for the best products & network with masters to bring it to an unrivaled level of engineering & function than has ever been released before.

I factored many things into the rationale of my work. I studied the steel extensively & I'm certain I know more about the properties & correct procedures for working it than anyone I have ever seen post about it.

I've consulted Russian engineers, American metallurgists & welding preceptors to come up with the most ideal processes available on the market anywhere the country.

Would not polishing the bolt carriers and such lead to an easy to rust problem?

Treat the matte areas like a blued gun.

The higher polished areas are very resistant to oxidation, not only because the perticular steel is nearly a stainless, But because the polishing helps deter oxidation.

That being said, don't put it in salt water with DC power running through it after spraying it with hydrochloric acid.

The matte areas can brown slightly if severely neglected with no maintenance in a damp, enclosed environment with constant cold to hot temperature changes.

That being said, the internals can corrode if neglected that badly even if untouched.

These ARE guns.

You must maintain your guns if you want them to look good.

You must use a little oil if you want them to function.

I'm improving reliability.

I'm not working miracles.

Now I'm going to get an long nights sleep...

6 hours instead of 4 for the first time in a week.

Even with my setbacks, I've put out 100 orders so far in the last 5 weeks.

This includes many full IceRack, VCH (myself & my customers bought CSS out of tromix weld on vertical handles) & GlassBolt combos, while answering every question posed to me by my customers on 3 forums & countless e-mails all the while furthering my process development & contracting other products out which I will soon release to market.

Very soon Mark.

VERY soon. Within the week.

Just wanted to clarify - the reason I am still waiting on mine is due to me changing my order after I shipped the parts - then not sending the :dollar: :dollar: for a while.

Pauly has been very patient with me and a true pro throughout the process.

I don't know what you all are waiting for - don't give this man a chance to rest anymore - give him your parts - there's plenty of time to sleep when we're gone.

J/K Paul - thanks again for everything, will post pics when she's all back together (my first pics on this site - oooh, cherry poppin time)

Good shit Pauly :super: I chose your service in the first place mostly because of your attitude, alot like mine when it comes to guns, the compulsiveness and whatnot. Its great to know that you put as much care into each individual part as it was your own. Get that $$ you deserve it :smoke: