From the most recent NRA ILA alert:

President Obama has tapped Andrew Traver, a committed ringleader in the gun-ban movement, to head up the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE). Now, the U.S. Senate must decide whether to allow Traver to take over this crucial government post.

As a committed Second Amendment freedom fighter, you're well aware that this agency has an enormous and direct impact on you and other gun owners nationwide. And if Andrew Traver is confirmed by the U.S. Senate, it will turn back the clock all the way to the Clinton days when the full force of BATFE's enormous powers were leveled against gun stores and gun owners on an almost daily basis.

That's why I'm asking you to visit www.StopTraver.org today.

Through this special website, you can send messages directly to your U.S. Senators and make your voice heard BEFORE the Senate considers this disastrous nomination. This website also includes an important "Stop Traver" Fact Sheet with critical information you need to know about Andrew Traver.

Please understand, Traver is not just another run-of-the-mill anti-gun elitist, but a dedicated gun-ban zealot with the deepest possible ties to the national "gun control" movement.

And now, President Barack Obama wants to put him in charge of BATFE where he can inflict almost unlimited and permanent damage to our rights.

Please, visit www.StopTraver.org today and help us win this crucial battle -- for yourself and for every American who cherishes our constitutional Right to Keep and Bear Arms. Thanks in advance for your courageous help!

Sincerely,

Chris W. Cox

Executive Director

NRA Institute for Legislative Action

P.S. Anti-gun ringleaders across the country are doing everything in their power to make sure that Andrew Traver is confirmed by the U.S. Senate as the next Director of BATFE. You need to make your voice heard! Please, click here to visit www.StopTraver.org and help defeat this disastrous Obama nomination today!

• Like 7

Good post! If we all send in $10 for this battle, it would have a lot better chance of going our way! I have called my Senators to get them to help block this appointment and would ask that you do as well.

• Like 2

Good post! If we all send in $10 for this battle, it would have a lot better chance of going our way! I have called my Senators to get them to help block this appointment and would ask that you do as well.

Weather you can send money or not, use the website to generate an email to your Senator. Without the letters, you're voice doesn't count!!!!

• Like 2

Done!

Weather you can send money or not, use the website to generate an email to your Senator. Without the letters, you're voice doesn't count!!!!

So the NRA is asking for money, again, again, again. They have sent me too much Chinese crap and spam for me to even remotely care about them. Neg bomb me to hell, but the NRA is a P.O.S. money grubbing lobbyist firm.

• Like 3

Sent my letters to my useless senators,always get the same bullshit canned responses from them when I send anything.

Theyre both up for election next year,hopefully neither one gets back in for another term.

I love your avatar.

Yakdung

I despise the NRA for various reasons, BUT, on Andrew Traver we see eye to eye.

The Man poses a Major Danger to the 2A and Our Rights, He wants ALL Guns Banned and is willing to Forcibly Confiscate.

I used the link to generate letters to my State's Representatives, please do the same.

So the NRA is asking for money, again, again, again. They have sent me too much Chinese crap and spam for me to even remotely care about them. Neg bomb me to hell, but the NRA is a P.O.S. money grubbing lobbyist firm.

Just send the letter(s) and don't donate.

Just send the letter(s) and don't donate.

THIS!

NRA will never get another penny from me, but, this is extraordinarily important.

Andrew Traver will as head of the BATFE be able to do more damage to our 2A Rights on many levels.

He will be able to do this without the roadblocks faced by Congress.

We well know how the ATF operates, making up shit as they go along, lying and constructing evidence, coercion of lawful citizens/businessmen and etc.

Traver is Dangerous.

Just send the emails/letters, and have friends and family do the same.

This is very important folks . Let's stop the problem before it happens . I sent my letters and EVERYONE needs to do the same to ward off the pending assault on the 2nd amendment . Be sure to email the website to everyone you know and encourage them to do the same .

This is Traver. The high point comes when the reporterette fires the AK like she would wave whack-a-mole club.

Traver will go to war on class 3's (and saiga shoties imho).

Obama might just appoint him after the session in recess, and Traver's mandates would help set the stage for his 2012 run. I believe hes thinking that far ahead. Diane Feinstein or Chuck Shumer waving a Saiga shotty around in a press conference could very well be a soundbyte that will live into the next campaign, if he has his way. -just my thoughts.

Edited by paintwagon

The NRA has done more to secure our gun rights then every other pro-gun group on the planet combined. This whole "hate the NRA, but still like guns" BS is a liberal construct to eliminate funding and the people who take part in it are their dupes!

Get something straight, politics runs not on your impassioned thoughts, but on money! This is a war to protect our rights and the other side is spending millions to do just that. Their money goes a lot farther because of all the free PR they get, just turn on the evening news to see evidence of this. Every modern war on this planet comes down to money and if we do not meet it financially, we will fail.

There would be no Second Amendment, as we know it in America today, without the actions of the NRA and the money of its members. I budget $500 a year to help protect my rights! Last year was a bad year and it was only $280.

The truth is many of you are simply too cheap to be a part of the battle and think that sitting here running your mouth is doing something to help protect the Second Amendment. Well do that all you want, but spare those of us who are really in the battle the tedium of your self-serving justification. We don't believe you.

• Like 2

This is Traver. The high point comes when the reporterette fires the AK like she would wave whack-a-mole club.

Traver will go to war on class 3's (and saiga shoties imho).

Obama might just appoint him after the session in recess, and Traver's mandates would help set the stage for his 2012 run. I believe hes thinking that far ahead. Diane Feinstein or Chuck Shumer waving a Saiga shotty around in a press conference could very well be a soundbyte that will live into the next campaign, if he has his way. -just my thoughts.

Of course, he lets her fire it like a moron.

AND it has a 3 round and Full Auto selector swtich. How many of those are in civilian hands? Pure garbage.

Edited by Falcon78
However, I do think these fall on deaf ears.

No... No they do not.

A very small number of people can exert a great deal of influence on Politicians/politics.

So many people are silent sheeple contendly baa'ing in the pasture, those few that do speak up, are heard loud and clear by those who desire re-election.

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 2
  • 3 months later...

Letter sent and as far as a donation to the NRA they got my renewal this year so that's enough for me besides one of our newely elected officals in washington tried to pass a law in his city against illegal immegrants so i don't thik he's up for taking our 2nd away but the letter is sent

Won't be approved by the Senate.

"If Traver is offered and accepts the ATF director position on an acting basis, it is considered unlikely that he could win Senate confirmation. Since the position became Senate-confirm able, the gun lobby has effectively prevented any nominee from being confirmed."

http://www.washingto...LYdH_story.html

post-13534-0-25977800-1308688398_thumb.jpg

Yakdung

Edited by yakdung