1st youtube vid ever

Hey S12 neighbors! Recently started my 2nd youtube account (assholes only give you 1 acct. per lifetime per e-mail addy. I deleted my old account and couldn't use the same e-mail so I had to create another :evil: ) and put on my 1st video ever (I didn't have any video's on the other acct). Just so happens that I decided to make my 1st tube worthy vid an S12 tribute and use a buncha clips from the last few months. Recently got myself a pretty siiickk ass camera with a SUPER fast shutter speed that records HD and also slow-mo video (60fps,120fps,240fps,480fps & 1000fps). At 480fps though, it is reallly pixely and just too fuckin slow for anything that's not already super fast and at 1000fps, it's sized down and horrible resolution. All the slow-mo in this vid are at 240fps and I have found to be perfect for shooting really fast. Anyways, ENJOY :super: :super: :super:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NR69HnP3TQ

• Like 5

Excellent. Well done.

Thanks guys. More to come soon..hopefully those bolt carrier vids I was talkin about in slow motion too man. I got allllll spring, alll summer and alllll fall to get some more kick ass video. :smoke:

I have seen only one video that shows a Kalashnikov with the cover off and it was a MAK90. It was impacting the trunnion on every shot quite hard. I'm really looking forward to the carrier vid. What would really discredit the "gasser" mentality would be a video of a Saiga 12 with factory sized ports slamming the hell out of the trunnion with some light to medium loads on the appropriate regulator setting. It may just be a very simple thing, but I am very excited. I dig this shit.

post-22401-0-55990400-1300415031_thumb.jpg

Excellent. Well done.

Thanks guys. More to come soon..hopefully those bolt carrier vids I was talkin about in slow motion too man. I got allllll spring, alll summer and alllll fall to get some more kick ass video. :smoke:

I have seen only one video that shows a Kalashnikov with the cover off and it was a MAK90. It was impacting the trunnion on every shot quite hard. I'm really looking forward to the carrier vid. What would really discredit the "gasser" mentality would be a video of a Saiga 12 with factory sized ports slamming the hell out of the trunnion with some light to medium loads on the appropriate regulator setting. It may just be a very simple thing, but I am very excited. I dig this shit.

post-22401-0-55990400-1300415031_thumb.jpg

+1 Both of my 2 S12's have been ported by me and both use an MD plug so that's what I'' have to work with. The only ammo I have is some 2 3/4 Remington wally 00 buck, some Winchester 2 3/4 Rifled HP slugs and some some wally fed bulk pack..should be all completely necessary enough for some good slow-mo carrier vids.

JJ,

MY S12 has 4 @ .093" and it wouldn't cycle on 1, 2, or 3 settings on the MD V-plug with "low brass", so I would assume that it is near perfectly gassed because of the fact that it has to be on the wide open setting to cycle the weakest loads. How does your do with light stuff?

Edited by evlblkwpnz

JJ,

MY S12 has 4 @ .093" and it wouldn't cycle on 1, 2, or 3 settings on the MD V-plug with "low brass", so I would assume that it is near perfectly gassed because of the fact that it has to be on the wide open setting to cycle the weakest loads. How does your do with light stuff?

Dang. Sounds good. Both of mine are 3 @ .094 and the bulk feds will ONLY cycle on setting 5 for me although my 1st S12 NEVER has ANY problems with cycling and my newest one has some FTE here and there but it's about 90% reliable with low brass. I suppose it's because the FCG needs more wear on it. It's only had maybe 400 rounds through it. Maybe I will do that thing u were talking about a few weeks ago and sit there and cycle it over and over and over while watching t.v., hahahahaha.

There is a video of the S12 cycling without the cover, I believe. It is a JMAC video, check YouTube. And if I remember correctly it was hitting the rear trunnion pretty hard.

It was him. I was going to say that earlier but I forgot. He has a few slow-mo vids that are pretty sweet..This one down below is f'in awesome IMO. This is his.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB1o2isrCDI

^^^ That video right there is what convinced me that when it was time to buy a camera someday, to buy one that has slow-mo capabilities. I saw it for the 1st time right after when I joined the forum about 2 years back. I decided I HAD to have one!

JMac's video is really good and his camera is incredible, but you can't really see the trunnion as the carrier is going rearward. A close up from say 2 o'clock in relation to the bore of just the receiver as the carrier moves rearward would really tell the story. Maybe even a shot from the top or slightly off senter would be great too.

JMac's video is really good and his camera is incredible, but you can't really see the trunnion as the carrier is going rearward. A close up from say 2 o'clock in relation to the bore of just the receiver as the carrier moves rearward would really tell the story. Maybe even a shot from the top or slightly off senter would be great too.

Might have to get a few different good angles. I don't have very much rifled slugs but I got quite a bit of rem 00 bucks and LOTS of fed bulk to play with...so all should be well.

There is a video of the S12 cycling without the cover, I believe. It is a JMAC video, check YouTube. And if I remember correctly it was hitting the rear trunnion pretty hard.

It was him. I was going to say that earlier but I forgot. He has a few slow-mo vids that are pretty sweet..This one down below is f'in awesome IMO. This is his.

thats an awesome video. im just curious though, what song is that playing on it? sounds like marilyn manson

thats an awesome video. im just curious though, what song is that playing on it? sounds like marilyn manson

If you double-click the video, it should bring you to YouTube. It says "Song by: Godhead". Never heard of them. Awesome video, though.