Saiga 12 rookie

I am getting a saiga 12 sbs built for me. The guy moves trigger forward puts the tapco semi trigger pack in. He says it will run like a scolded dog. Can anyone tell me if I need to change the internals? Such as medium twister puck or auto gas regulator. I want the gun to shoot fast n smooth as videos I have seen. If someone could send me in the right direction thanks. I would like to cylcle bird shot if I have to ball on a budget sometimes. Also i heard to do spring work n gas adjustment. Not sure what that means. Trying to get educated on the saiga. Thanks agian

You are better off with the KA puck or factory puck. MD Arms is coming out with one also, I think. I have not heard anything about a release yet. The twister puck gets bad reviews by some members here, and me because I have one. Just my thoughts on the puck question.

If the guy making the SBS knows what he's doing I'd suggest leaving the internals exactly like he set them up. At the absolute minimum be sure you can restore the gun to the config he shipped it to you before you mess with it. If he doesn't know what he's doing you are in trouble and probably can't fix it without a machine shop. Reliable Saiga SBSs less than 12" are not easy to make.

See http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/38318-sbs-technical-info-thread/ and http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/59725-my-8-tromix-copy-build/

Just start reading this site til you feel ill, then continue til your eyes begin to bleed and shortly after that you will be well on your way to understanding alot of what goes on around here and what you will eventually decide for yourself. There is so much info and so many opinions that if you choose opinion first instead of reading all the info first you'll regret it.

Don't get me wrtong this is a gereat site but there are tons of conflicting opinions and ideas of what is right, wrong or indiffernt. I think I spent 4 days reading before I ever posted.

Good luck.:smoke:

He says it runs like a scolded dog. Why the hell would you change anything? Changing the puck or plug is not going to make it shoot faster. My advice is get it and shoot the piss out of it. Stay away from the TWISTER PUCK ALTOGETHER, they DO NOT WORK. I have bought and tried all the after market stuff and the factory puck and plug work the best. Good luck and post some pics when you get it.

He says it runs like a scolded dog. Why the hell would you change anything?

This

Just 4 days? :haha:

Well, he DID spend 3 days, 23 hrs and 50 mins longer than most.

Welcome to the forum OP. Let us know if that dog has to go to the Vet.

Hey thanks for all the helpful knowledge. Not buying a twister puck for sure now. The guy doing mine has done over 100 sagas. He owns a machine shop and to me is very knowledgable. I have been reading these form fumes. My eyes have begun o bleed n couldn't take it anymore. Haha so I signed up an am very pleased with the results of answers. Thanks to all u guys for the opinions. Mine should be ready in a month. As long as our ATF buddies speed things up I know the Feds are busy. But I need my saiga. Got eotech quad rails magnifier (to look cool on eotech thats why magnifer haha) lights n lasers ready to

deck it out. I will post pics for sure. Thanks agian u guys made this experience awesome. I'm gonna run it like a scolded dog. Haha

I did my own conversion ie. moved the trigger forward, trigger assy etc... by follwing a detailed step by step tutorial on this site. I'm not the most mechanically inclined person, but if I'm able to do it, anybody can. took me only a couple hours.

when my approved form 1 came back, I cut the barrel down myself to 13 inches, I did use a friend of mine 'tipping band saw" sorry don't know the offical name of the thing, and it runs great with the original plug and gas regulator in rapid fire. honestly, you didn't need to send yours off for that that kind of work.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

Man wish I would have known it was so easy. The guy is charging me 500 bucks. To do everything trust, forms all paper work. Conversions, threading barrel. That makes me feel better that it runs great with the regular stock internals. After reading about so many items for sell for the internals I figured it was a given. So there is no need for the auto gas regulator either? Man thanks for ur advice n all u other guys. N the links also. I read so much stuff for weeks my brain fried. Haha thanks