Going to shoot my converted S12 for 1st time, what to expect?

Converted my S12 last weekend using Tromix trigger and trigger guard.

Didn't get to go shoot it for various reasons.

This was a very very long work week, as I've been dreaming about shooting this bad boy for a week now.

Just on dry firing I notice that the trigger seems lighter and alot smoother.

Really wish my range allowed me to mag dump :(

So can I expect alot of "can't wipe the smile off my face grins" and maybe even a tiny bit of a woody?

:super:

From my experience, you might want to shoot your first shots through it with the dust cover off. This way you can tweak the hammer springs should one of them decide to jump off the trigger.

But yes, once you get her all dialed in, expect to have a big stupid grin on your face for a couple of hours... :super:

Edited by Caged

STEP 1--Take a wide variety of ammo with you, this way you can see exactly what may give you problems and what may not. For example I found (like most) Winchester Universal wont eject on mine, BUT I did find to my utter enjoyment that the Federal Bulk Pack (same price as WU) worked great.

STEP 2--EXPECT EPICNESS!!!

STEP 3--Buy Ben Gay on the way home... :cryss:

Have Fun!

• Like 1

If you've never shot it before, expect several FTEs and FTFs. These guns usually need some breaking in before they perform well. If it shoots good right out of the box, be prepared for a grin from ear to ear that be hard to remove.

Oh, you can expect the usual things that happen when someone first shoots a converted Saiga 12:

- women screaming

- mothers pulling their children off the streets

- business owners peering out their windows, then flipping their signs to "CLOSED"

- a full solar eclipse

- a priest crossing himself, then praying in Latin

- the hounds of Hell appearing out of a crack in the ground

- unnaturally large explosions of fire will flash from your target with each shot whether or not it is actually flammable

- your magazine will never need to be changed no matter how many shells you fire

- your mouth will be foaming as a guttural sound emanates from your chest

- in slow motion

- and one old, toothless coot in a rocking chair will be slapping his knee and laughing a wheezy laugh in delight.

That's about it, I think.

• Like 1

Every range has that one guy. He'll be waiting for you. You will see him out of the corner of your eye just standing there with his jaw open. Then, when the time is right, he will have three questions for you.

Question #1: What in the hell is that?

Question #2: A what?

Question #3: Is that thing legal?

:lolol:

Just got back. 250 rounds of Rio #8 and 50 round assortment of 00 buck and slugs and I can't stop smiling. Only had a couple of FTE and that was due to getting the correct setting on my V-plug. After adjusting to setting #4 she ate everything I fed to her.

Just like 'kindapointless' above, everytime I go to the range I get several dudes that wanna know "what the hell is that thing" or ask me questions. I usually tell them what it is and proceed to let

them shoot it if they wanna. The range officer loves to see me coming because I always let him shoot a drum or two of birdshot through it every time. :killer:

Every range has that one guy. He'll be waiting for you. You will see him out of the corner of your eye just standing there with his jaw open. Then, when the time is right, he will have three questions for you.

this is truth. Every single time I go. Dude next to me today was a deaf guy who had his wife and kids teaching them how to shoot. I had to go into the store for a minute and when I came back he was checking it out from the next stall. He had seen me unload several drums at that point. I explained as best as I could that it was an AK chambered for 12 guage. He read my lips and repeated "AK" and gave me a thumbs up. :-)

tbizzle, glad you liked firing your converted Saiga. Firing mine for the first time yesterday was a blast, and my brothers told me that every time I fired I was grinning ear to ear! I only put 60rds of 00 buck and 5 1oz slugs through it, but had zero issues...no FTEs at all (setting 1 on the factory gas plug). I was using 2 factory 5rd mags and a Promag 12rd drum. I can't wait till my MD Arms 20rd drum arrives this upcoming week!

oh yea, that is something you can count on when you take a converted saiga 12 to a public shooting range

lol

oh yea, that is something you can count on when you take a converted saiga 12 to a public shooting range

lol

Last time at the indoor range, I got eat-shit looks and the guy/girl couple next to me left soon after she bitched about how loud it was. They allow mag dumps and I wanted to run the MD20 through its paces. Seems that lots of folks think you're an asshole if you shoot a shotty at an indoor range. Fuck 'em.

On a more positive note, the Rangemaster came over and chatted me up about my S-12 for a while. Said another guy was there with his the day before.....wish we'd been there together to REALLY piss everyone off! :rolleyes:

Edited by Parkerson

whining about noise at a shooting rage is like whining about people driving 70 mph on the freeway. what a bunch of sissies!!

LOL

i would imagine part of the reason you were getting dirty looks was also due to jealousy. broke little haters were just bitter their gun isnt as cool as yours. i hear ya on pissing off people with two saigas though. i got a chance to piss off a public range when my friend and i were both dumping mags with our AR15s.

I've definitely noticed a common response here. The big grin. Every time I take my 12 to the range I make a point of letting someone different shoot it. The result is always the same....

Is that thing legal?

No I just bring it out to public ranges hoping to go to federal prison... :angel:

yea, i got one guy who said something like that to me last time i was shooting my saiga too. his exact words were "you got alot of balls brining that out here with that banana clip"

banana clip? what is this, highschool?

021.gif021.gif