do i need a new stock when converting saiga to unsporting configuratio

I'd like to add a pistol grip to a Saiga-12. Will I need anything more than this kit from Carolina Shooters Supply that contains the fcg, trigger guard and pistol grip?

http://store.carolin...NVERSION/Detail

Would I need a new stock to work with this conversion kit?

you wont need a new stock if you dont want one.

Here one converted:

post-24335-0-08864500-1300751036_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I'd like to add a pistol grip to a Saiga-12. Will I need anything more than this kit from Carolina Shooters Supply that contains the fcg, trigger guard and pistol grip?

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-658/TROMIX-SAIGA-12-CONVERSION/Detail

Your query is what Lawyers call a "When did you stop beating your wife question" if I have ever seen one.

Let me answer your question with a couple of questions.

1. What in the world makes you think putting a pistol grip on a shotgun makes it "unsporting".

2. Why in the world would you even phrase a question in that way?

The entire concept of "sporting and unsporting" is nothing more than a bogus construct invented by gun haters to separate law abiding gun owners from their second amendment rights.

• Like 3

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-658/TROMIX-SAIGA-12-CONVERSION/Detail

Your query is what Lawyers call a "When did you stop beating your wife question" if I have ever seen one.

1. What in the world makes you think putting a pistol grip on a shotgun makes it "unsporting".

The entire concept of "sporting and unsporting" is nothing more than a bogus construct invented by gun haters to separate law abiding gun owners from their second amendment rights.

Why do you have to be a dick about it. He's a newbie looking for info like we all were at one point. Sporting/unsporting, converted/unconverted...who gives a fuck. He just looking for a little direction and assuming he has some hidden agenda as a gun hater when he owns one is just ignorant. If you're not gonna help out around here, then move on! Don't be a troll!

On the other hand though, imo, op I would refrain from using that term in the future around here as it does offend some. But do whatever, I'm not the law around here.

Edited by AZG
  • Like 2

What everyone else said: its going to make for a long trigger pull because your moving the trigger group forward, but retaining the longer buttocks length. For approx.$40-50 more you could chose from 4 or 5 different stocks from CSS that come with the conversion kit. I would also recommend the axis retaining plate for $8. over the shepards crook that comes in the kit. Good luck...

LOL I have to admit, that IS the first time I've ever heard anyone other than the ATF refer to that configuration as "sporting or un-sporting". All that aside, you definitely want to get a stock or you better have an abnormally long arm attached to your trigger hand. AFTER you perform the pistol grip conversion, the two main stock types are the ones that will fit without cutting the tang off the receiver and the ones that require you to cut the tang off in order to install. Search around on the forum and check some of the step by step conversion threads. You'll see.

Good Luck and post here with questions AFTER you search.

Here one converted:

MY EYES MY EYES!!!!

OP,

Please get a new stock if you 'unsport' your 12. I'm not sure that I can look at another pic of an 'unsported' 12 with the factory stock without feeling compelled to pluck my eyes out.

• Like 3

Here one converted:

MY EYES MY EYES!!!!

OP,

Please get a new stock if you 'unsport' your 12. I'm not sure that I can look at another pic of an 'unsported' 12 with the factory stock without feeling compelled to pluck my eyes out.

Sorry EBW, I would have to agree with you about that.

• Like 2

Here one converted:

MY EYES MY EYES!!!!

OP,

Honestly, I would rock that factory stock if it was all I had, but I wouldn't waste any time scraping together a few bucks to get some kind of WARSAW stock on there. Even an old Romanian stock with a little black spray paint on it would do ;)

• Like 2

Here one converted:

MY EYES MY EYES!!!!

OP,

Honestly, I would rock that factory stock if it was all I had, but I wouldn't waste any time scraping together a few bucks to get some kind of WARSAW stock on there. Even an old Romanian stock with a little black spray paint on it would do ;)

It's not all I had, I am actually selling it and gave a few options and different price ranges pertaining to parts and that was the cheapest one. Mostly all stock parts. Had the picture handy to show the op that no you don't need one. Just tremendously more appealing to get a new one. I'll even donate my old tapco to him if he wants to pay shipping.

• Like 2

Why even bother doing anything to the gun at all if you can't tell right away that import compliant stock has got to go. If you were to import an Autobahn built sports car from Europe but your government declared that in order to do so you first need to install the bumpers and steering column from a Ford Taurus, then you can change it back once it's here, what would you want to do? Bottom line is its your gun do whatever you want to it. But damn that 922r stock is unsightly. Personally, I like to get mine as close to how the ruskies intended it to be

Edited by jamesmadison

Why do you have to be a dick about it. He's a newbie looking for info like we all were at one point. Sporting/unsporting, converted/unconverted...who gives a fuck. He just looking for a little direction and assuming he has some hidden agenda as a gun hater when he owns one is just ignorant. If you're not gonna help out around here, then move on! Don't be a troll!

On the other hand though, imo, op I would refrain from using that term in the future around here as it does offend some. But do whatever, I'm not the law around here.

You are a Noob around here too.

There is no reason to pose the question like this. It uses terms that are designed by people hostile to our rights and Libertarian is quite correct. There is little reason for us to tacitly "agree" that such a simple charge somehow makes the firearm "unsporting" by not calling attention to it.

For what it is worth, there are many sports where this modification is the norm. That said, only a buffoon would seriously try to make the argument that the Bill of Rights was written by the Founders to protect any "sport."

• Like 2

You are a Noob around here too.

There is no reason to pose the question like this. It uses terms that are designed by people hostile to our rights and Libertarian is quite correct. There is little reason for us to tacitly "agree" that such a simple charge somehow makes the firearm "unsporting" by not calling attention to it.

For what it is worth, there are many sports where this modification is the norm. That said, only a buffoon would seriously try to make the argument that the Bill of Rights was written by the Founders to protect any "sport."

you are right. I may have jumped the gun and I appologise to Libertarian anyone else offended. I first viewed the thread on my phone which didnt display the whole title to the topic, which is no excuse, but is why I responded the way I did.

• Like 2

you are right. I may have jumped the gun and I appologise to Libertarian anyone else offended. I first viewed the thread on my phone which didnt display the whole title to the topic, which is no excuse, but is why I responded the way I did.

Pretty damned big of you! :up:

Perhaps I was a bit harsh as well, but these wars are first fought with words and lies until the public is comfortable with the Paradigm shift, then the laws are changed to nullify our rights and give the new status quo teeth! It really makes little sense to learn your firearm terminology from the news media and expect to be well received here.

Edited by Azrial
  • Like 4

Perhaps I was a bit harsh as well, but these wars are first fought with words and lies until the public is comfortable with the Paradigm shift, then the laws are changed to nullify our rights and give the new status quo teeth! It really makes little sense to learn your firearm terminology from the news media and except to be well received here.

Well im not trying to cross people just to cross them. I am wrong just like we all can be at times. the difference is when you awknowledge your mistakes and correct them.

That being said, I dont know much about politics but I am fore our rights and freedoms as Americans. And unsporting is offending. I see the light like a deer in the road.

Thanks for not holding it aginst me.

Greg

• Like 5

I am so proud right now to belong to this family!:wet_eyes: Me love you guys! :super:

Perhaps I was a bit harsh as well, but these wars are first fought with words and lies until the public is comfortable with the Paradigm shift, then the laws are changed to nullify our rights and give the new status quo teeth! It really makes little sense to learn your firearm terminology from the news media and except to be well received here.

Well im not trying to cross people just to cross them. I am wrong just like we all can be at times. the difference is when you awknowledge your mistakes and correct them.

That being said, I dont know much about politics but I am fore our rights and freedoms as Americans. And unsporting is offending. I see the light like a deer in the road.

Greg

Ohhh, rainbows and butterflies! How about a group hug?

post-24335-0-77142300-1300817946_thumb.jpg

HELL YEAH! DAMN! That one on the left is kind of a butterface though. Wrecked it for me just a little.

Edited by jamesmadison

Greg

you're a good man greg. i gotta say though, i completely agree with you, the term sporting offends me. as for the words "sporting configuration" well, it irritates me to say the least.

you're a good man greg. i gotta say though, i completely agree with you, the term sporting offends me. as for the words "sporting configuration" well, it irritates me to say the least.

Thanks C.A.,

It's the alternative word (assault) I believe is taboo. If it's not for sportiing purposes than gun haters will classify it as an assault weapon and try to get it banned or what have you. I'm not completely sure on the matter but this is what I think the problem is with the unsporting term. Again, I could be entirely wrong.

Thanks C.A.,

It's the alternative word (assault) I believe is taboo. If it's not for sportiing purposes than gun haters will classify it as an assault weapon and try to get it banned or what have you. I'm not completely sure on the matter but this is what I think the problem is with the unsporting term. Again, I could be entirely wrong.

well, the problem with any language is that words carry certain connotations, it could potentially be taken out of line if someone were to say they owned an assault rifle because some people might interpret that as meaning that the rifle is intended solely for assaulting someone else.

but then again, some people are extremely biased, and will assume negative things about any gun owner. its incredibly annoying, and one of the reasons why i try not to tell too many people about my love for firearms. youl always occasionally get the guy who says "why do you own guns? you want to kill someone?"

that type of thinking is incredibly irrational, and it blows my mind how it seems there are so many people that actually think this way.