this is why stupid people shouldn't have access to firearms

i cant help but get rather irritated when i watch this video. the guy keeps slamming his palm on the forward assist with reloaded rounds, then when one doesnt fire, he ejects the round without noticing the slug got lodged in the barrel (probably because he kept slamming on the forward assist), then he loads another round, pulls the trigger and the rifle blows up on him. apparently they also dont know the difference between an M16 and an AR15... heres what they had to say about it

"we were shooting guns at the local range, and my friend was firing the M16 and it kept jamming, but we thought he cleared it, eventually we think two bullets were left in the tube, and when the bullet fired, it exploded"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oh1lyMyejpI

Guess he was trying to look COOL. "look at me, I know what I'm doing!" lol

yea, i think thats exactly what was going through his mind. "im a soldier, just like in the video games!!"

021.gif021.gif021.gif

although id just like to say, im glad he didnt actually hurt himself.

that actually and kinda easy one to miss after the first time it happens. but i would have gone into remedial action after i reloaded the first time and it didn't fire again. i couldn't notice anything like an audible pop. but i'll never trust reloaded ammo that doesn't have a QC requirement.

Edited by Aegis808

Watch out for those cocky guys at the range who get in a little too much of a hurry to try to leap past issues they are having with their guns because they are getting embarrassed.

Yup, he thought he could beat that AR into submission. You could tell he was getting more frustrated and embarrassed the more it FTF. Probably a Bushmaster or DPMS. :)

• Like 1

Watch out for those cocky guys at the range who get in a little too much of a hurry to try to leap past issues they are having with their guns because they are getting embarrassed.

Yup, he thought he could beat that AR into submission. You could tell he was getting more frustrated and embarrassed the more it FTF. Probably a Bushmaster or DPMS. :)

i believe the reason the rifle was FTF was the reloaded rounds they were using. you can hear in the video that the hammer dropped, but the round didnt go off

ive always felt that its important to be careful with a firearm, especially when im at the shooting range. either because the rifle is mine and i want to take care of it, or its my friends, in which case its just as important, if not even more so to take good care of it.

the guy in the video looked like he just didnt care about the rifle. in fact, it almost looked like he was deliberately abusing it. and i think thats the reason why this video irritates me. the guy wasnt showing any respect to the AR15

• Like 1

i believe the reason the rifle was FTF was the reloaded rounds they were using. you can hear in the video that the hammer dropped, but the round didnt go off

Yes I know it was FTF because of shitty reloads, he still didn't have to beat on the FA like that.

the guy in the video looked like he just didnt care about the rifle. in fact, it almost looked like he was deliberately abusing it. and i think thats the reason why this video irritates me. the guy wasnt showing any respect to the AR15

I don't think it was deliberate rather he was embarrassed and on camera.

The way he was rubbing his face and shoulders, you know he felt some hot gasses/powder burn. Thank goodness he wore eye protection.

I think we have to give them some credit for posting too. They realized they didn't do things right and posted it knowing they'd get some criticism. Hopefully someone sees it and thinks twice if they face a similar situation.

Edited by dobravery
  • Like 2

S - "slap" the bottom of the magazine upward

P - "pull" the charging handle back and hold

O - "observe" into the rifle's chamber (to ensure the round has been ejected and to determine whether an obstruction exists)

R - "release" the charging handle (thereby chambering the next round)

T - "tap" on the forward assist

S - "squeeze" the trigger (or 'shoot')

Pretty damned basic shit; instructed to all military before heading to the firing line for the first time.

:rolleyes:

As the OP suggested, some fucktards simply should never have access to firearms.

Edited by Gary

I don't think it was deliberate rather he was embarrassed and on camera.

could be. its hard to say exactly what he was thinking

heres something really funny, comments people put on the video

ak47s suck so bad haha your an idiot go suck russian d**k fool and fyi you can get an m16 in .308 7.62mm ak 47s are ugly and are for fools i can place a much better group with my ar then with my ak or my sks im 3 inches low at 300 with 55 grain fmj and 10 inches low at 500 my ak wont even hit the target no matter how high i aim but you get what you pay for brand new ak fully sinthetic 500 bucks brand new ar lookin at 900-1500 bucks my .308 rra makes one hell of a sniper/assult rifle and is great

muskyhunter71 2 days ago

@BobbyTubes they solved that problem back in vietnam era by replacing the old barrel with a carbon one

AsianguyMike 2 days ago @AsianguyMike

I wouldn't want an M16 of any type in a war... I would rather have to use a handgun the entire war. M16's jam a little too often for my taste.

BobbyTubes 2 days ago @sneak20910 No, he did right. Wanted to make sure the bolt was lock'd.

YoshiFan100 3 days ago

Edited by Cali_Armz
  • Like 1

I seen that vid before, Laughed my ass off when the big boom happened at the end.

I Found a mosin nagant video on utube earlier and the idiot called it a "Remington Mosin". You dont get any dumber than that.

I seen that vid before, Laughed my ass off when the big boom happened at the end.

I Found a mosin nagant video on utube earlier and the idiot called it a "Remington Mosin". You dont get any dumber than that.

Actually, if I remember correctly Remington did build a number of Mosins for the Russians during WW1.

http://www.mosinnagant.net/ussr/US-Mosin-Nagants.asp

• Like 1

Yeah, they're pretty rare and sought after.. It's ok though, easy mistake to make.

Edited by volkov

heres something really funny, comments people put on the video

ak47s suck so bad haha your an idiot go suck russian d**k fool and fyi you can get an m16 in .308 7.62mm ak 47s are ugly and are for fools i can place a much better group with my ar then with my ak or my sks im 3 inches low at 300 with 55 grain fmj and 10 inches low at 500 my ak wont even hit the target no matter how high i aim but you get what you pay for brand new ak fully sinthetic 500 bucks brand new ar lookin at 900-1500 bucks my .308 rra makes one hell of a sniper/assult rifle and is great

muskyhunter71 2 days ago

@BobbyTubes they solved that problem back in vietnam era by replacing the old barrel with a carbon one

AsianguyMike 2 days ago @AsianguyMike

I wouldn't want an M16 of any type in a war... I would rather have to use a handgun the entire war. M16's jam a little too often for my taste.

BobbyTubes 2 days ago @sneak20910 No, he did right. Wanted to make sure the bolt was lock'd.

YoshiFan100 3 days ago

To these idiots, if it uses a high capacity "clip", it's an AK.

yea, i get the feeling that the only M16s and AK47's these guys have seen are the ones in video games. especially the first guy who was talking about how much the rounds were dropping at 300 and 500 meters with his supposed M16 and AK. if he actually did own those rifles, hed know you can easily adjust the sights for elevation

and another thing, hed know his "M16" is actually an AR15, and his supposed .308 M16 is actually an AR10

Edited by Cali_Armz

Actually, if I remember correctly Remington did build a number of Mosins for the Russians during WW1.

http://www.mosinnaga...sin-Nagants.asp

oh............well............hmmm.......Iam gunna go punch myself.

http://www.mosinnaga...sin-Nagants.asp

oh............well............hmmm.......Iam gunna go punch myself.

dont do that man. why not go shoot something with a shotgun? maybe a nice computer monitor!! or maybe, water mellons!!

LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuhQdvkORu4&feature=related

Two points goes to the cameraman for not flinching when the AR went "Boom!".

Anyway, I'm nowhere near an AR expert, but I do believe the forward-assist is not to be used after simply chambering a round?

I dunno. This is why I like AKs.

Edited by Photoguy

as i understand it, the forward assist is meant for a life or death type situation where the action of the rifle is obstructed by debris and cant completely close, but the user needs to fire rounds at the enemy before he gets shot, so in that case, the user can tap on the forward assist to chamber a round

a civilian at a shooting range has no need for a forward assist, because if the rifle jams for whatever reason, the user can take the time to clear the obstruction without fear of getting shot in the process

Two points goes to the cameraman for not flinching when the AR went "Boom!".

Anyway, I'm nowhere near an AR expert, but I do believe the forward-assist is not to be used after simply chambering a round?

I dunno. This is why I like AKs.

You can use the FA after chambering a round to ensure it is fully chambered. Not only used if the rifle is malfunctioning, it can be used to seat the round after riding the bolt forward in situations where you need to chamber a round quietly.