Gunshow buyers who are dealers, appropriating products for their own t

So, the gunshow in Fon du lac was great, and I sold my Romanian WASR-10 within 10 minutes of being there. I was asking $400 obo, because I thought "Hey, maybe I can get a little extra due to the panic buying". It was worth the shot.

So, an older gentleman asks me to let her out of the box, and gives it a courtesy once-over, and asks if I would take $300, cash. I say sure, as I originally bought the thing for $300 around 6 years ago. Plus it was a post-ban, so I felt I wasn't losing anything anyway.

Anyway, I'm feelin' good. That was the fastest I have ever gotten rid of anything at a show, and it felt nice having $300 burning a nice hole in the pocket. I make my rounds through the tables, and I come across the same gentleman who had bought the WASR from me about an hour before. The weapon itself was sitting right there on the table, including the white sheet of paper I had written the description and price on, although the price had been changed, as it had been slightly altered. I couldn't get too close to the table to properly see what he was asking, but I'm betting is was more than what I go out of it. I shook my head and chuckled, not being dragged down too much, because, as I said earlier, I had gotten my money out of it.

Has anyone ever had this happen to them at a gunshow? If so, how did you feel about it?

I'm sure this happens all the time. I think you should have told the guy to come back later after you have had a chance to see what other offers it would bring. There is no doubt there are always "hawks" ready to swoop in and take advantage of other less experienced sellers whenever they can.

Well in the current market and with almost no ak style weapons to be had I'm sure you would have gotten $400 for it. The only dealer where I live is asking close to $500 for one. Hell I wish I could find one here for $300.

There's no AK style weapons to be had?!? Since when?

Yeah I hate to agree with them but 300 was a steal. And frankly if I was running a table and could pick up a gun and resell it higher I would. That's how gunstores/dealers work, find it cheaper, resell it higher.. You just see it happen faster at a gun show and with you as the supplier. May take him longer to sell it but he's gonna be sitting there anyway so it's not like he's losing any time.

How would I feel about it? I don't think anyone can rationally feel good if they get less money then they could have.. But I don't have a problem with it ethically.

• Like 1

Its called Capitalism, and this is the way it works, buy/sell, make a buck.

You sold it to a dealer, what did you honestly expect?

You were happy with it initially, so why does the dealer turning it around, seem to bother you a bit? :unsure:

I'd never take a first offer, I love to haggle too much.

First thing I would have done is feigned offense at his offer and countered with $600 or higher.

Then worked it down to your $400 at a minimum, better $450-500..

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 3

I'm in the people's republic of California, and there just not out here.

I dont know what your talking about John, there are AK variants all over the damn state. Just look in the for sale section in the Calguns forums youll see more than 10 for sale right now I bet. You must not go to gunstores that are "black rifle" friendly because most of the shops I go to have AK's (variants), Draco's, Saigas, etc.

Chaseface

Bay Area

Edit: I just checked and there are WAAAY more than 10 for sale right now

Edited by chaseface

I live in the northern panhandle of WV and yesterday I went to a gunshow in Washington,PA and Draco were $389 with the underfolder trunion a little high but I should have bought it just because i new what trunion it had I ask the guy if it had it and he had no clue what I was talking about and I had to open it up and show him, 2 hour later I walked back by the table and the new price sign said "Draco pistol w/ underfolder trunion $429" I hate dickheads. ther was another guy tring to get $799 out of I.O. inc AK's and WASR 10 underfolders,$699 for a fixed stock WASR 10, $1499 for a bushmaster M17s and he had a couple stag arms AR's for $1199 I could not stop my self from saying some comments out loud about his prices it was his frist time at that show I don't think hell be back I wasn't the only one saying shit to him and I dont think he sold shit, there were 3 building of other vendor selling things at a fair price no really good deals but a fair price.

I live in the northern panhandle of WV and yesterday I went to a gunshow in Washington,PA and Draco were $389 with the underfolder trunion a little high but I should have bought it just because i new what trunion it had I ask the guy if it had it and he had no clue what I was talking about and I had to open it up and show him, 2 hour later I walked back by the table and the new price sign said "Draco pistol w/ underfolder trunion $429" I hate dickheads. ther was another guy tring to get $799 out of I.O. inc AK's and WASR 10 underfolders,$699 for a fixed stock WASR 10, $1499 for a bushmaster M17s and he had a couple stag arms AR's for $1199 I could not stop my self from saying some comments out loud about his prices it was his frist time at that show I don't think hell be back I wasn't the only one saying shit to him and I dont think he sold shit, there were 3 building of other vendor selling things at a fair price no really good deals but a fair price.

Gunshows are full of dickheads like that. Must be why I quit going to them. lol

"black" rifles are dryng up around my area.. The big stores still have plenty, but latly the average smaller gun/fishing store is having problems keeping them on the shelf- except one that has abused wasrs for like 700... Havn't seen this few since the Obama scare. I think some stores are even just pricing one or two at retarded prices because the owners feel their store reputation sits on having at least a couple, and if they sell at retarded prices all the better for the owners anyway.