So anyone know what the exact problem is with getting spare parts imported? I know they have to make them? I just want to know if anyone has any info before I call mercury Hermes

I know that my normally knowledgeable class III manufacturer/FFL did not know either and was looking in to it. If he finds out then I will definitely post it on the forum as a thread. I haven't seen anything in the ATF rules/laws that I would interpret as a part ban. Someone, I'm not sure who, told me that the Russians at Izhmash are a little surely in regards to such things as selling parts. Hope it's not true.

jmDove

Edited by jmdove

K-var only has fore ends and a trigger group at this time. I have a list of some of the best online stores which are all

listed on this forum. Everyone seems to be limited to U.S. made and then gas plugs, trigger groups, gas pistons, and furniture.

I have not yet seen a bolt, bolt carrier, the hammer spring, receiver flat, etc. I know for a fact that King armory, in Florida, is taking pre-orders (w/o payment) for S12 barrels.

Mercury Hermes wasn't that helpful and honestly seemed a little "off" to me.

Question: Who is Mercury Hermes? At this point I am assuming he was someone at Izhmash? If not then I have no clue who you are referencing.

jmDove

Edited by jmdove

I checked with K-Var back in January about this subject specifically asking about extractors, bolts, bolt carriers amd firing pins among other parts. I received a reply from them stating that they should start carying parts for the Saiga 12 around July of this year. I hope so.

Edited by Poniolo

Has anyone compared and measured an AK bolt and carrier to an S12s? I've always had my AK in the safe whenever mt saiga was out so I've never actually held both side by side to look at them. I wonder how easy it would be to modify an AK bolt and carrier to work with a saiga.

Has anyone compared and measured an AK bolt and carrier to an S12s? I've always had my AK in the safe whenever mt saiga was out so I've never actually held both side by side to look at them. I wonder how easy it would be to modify an AK bolt and carrier to work with a saiga.

In thought I read in one of the other threads the dimensions are different.:(