Any good deals on Saiga 7.62?

honestly I bought mine at mississippi auto arms and could not be happier, Mine actually turned out to be a mil-spec reciever. Dimples, no chamber step, handguard slots and all the correct markings. I could have gotten one cheaper from atlantic but truthfully maybe paying the extra 20 bucks for the mississippi one was worth it just because of the reciever in my opinion.

honestly I bought mine at mississippi auto arms and could not be happier, Mine actually turned out to be a mil-spec reciever. Dimples, no chamber step, handguard slots and all the correct markings. I could have gotten one cheaper from atlantic but truthfully maybe paying the extra 20 bucks for the mississippi one was worth it just because of the reciever in my opinion.

I thought all the new Saigas used the same receiver now... could you explain how some would not be mil spec?

If you had a step in the chamber and no dimples it would be more non mil spec. I lucked out and my June 09 Saiga doesnt have the step in the chamber(even though the little manual that came with it said i should), has dimples and slots for the handguard retainer. Still havent cut the shroud though to see if it is threaded.

450 bucks for me including ffl transfer fee.

I dont mean a milled receiver I mean military specifications as in dimples hand guard notches no chamber step, non-threaded barrel. It was basically a military reciever converted over for civilian use to make it legal. However earlier saigas can be missing some of these attributes, it is hard to say what you get with these between these rifles.

Revolver hope you have a threaded barrel because I am sweating having to thread my barrel. I am just going to stay with the 14x1 lh pattern on mine. also i will tell you a dremel works great for me I cut longitudinal and lateral lines on the barrel and wacked them of with a steel hammer and cold chisel just get the cut deep enough to catch the edge of the longitudinal cut the thing will break off in pies. Just be sure to remember it is only 1/16 of an inch, I cut a little too deep on one side but it will get ground off during the threading process.

Edited by dashowdy

exactly just go get one build it how you want it because believe me in the grand scheme of things the addiction takes over and you start to see what you can do with it and finally your hooked and cant stop tinkering with it. So get one and enjoy. plus it is as rugged as shit.

would you guys suggest just buying the Saiga 30 rounders and doing PG conversion etc without bullet guide or just go ahead and convert that to ? Also is my BHO suppose to kick in automatically or by hand?

the BHO on the receiver allows you to manually lock the bolt open..

just do the whole conversion.. there are far more mil surplus AK magazines floating around the world than Saiga magazines..

Thats what I figured thanks fellas ! To my understanding I purchased the last SAIGA 7.62 in Oklahoma ! Everyone is sold out and distributors are "dried" up except for some online retailers. I have 2 Qs 1-How do you pronounce Saiga is it (Sigh-Ga) or (Say-ga) ? Everyone is asking me what it is and I pronounce it Sigh-Ga kinda like saigon . 2-Im lucky to get a dimpled reciever mine says legion on it? Is that anything special? It also has the RAA stuff etched out

• 2 weeks later...

well thanks to you guys Im fully converted ! I havent shot it yet but I finished it today and the action seems smooth and working order. it took me longer than I hoped but I didnt have a drill press,dremel or a vice lol I had fun doing it ! ill post pics in the pic link !

-Matt

• 2 weeks later...

500converted.

350 unconverted.

http://classicarms.us/ you have to scroll a bit and the website looks like it was made by children though.

Thanks for the above link. Neat site, even if it's a little crude. The checkout is OK. I just ordered two new 30 round Mags from them tonight.

I wish I'd known about this site before I bought my Saiga, it has some pretty good prices.

Sorry to bump with such a question, but search has yielded some seemingly conflicting information.

Simply put, how will Bulgarian 30-round polymer slab-side, reinforced magazines fit in this rifle, if at all different from the fit of standard AK magazines?

Looking to take the plunge on a Saiga soon here, and am trying to inform my decision on caliber choice.

Edited by specialDFX

I just ordered a 7.62x39 from J&G Sales for $349. UPS tracking just showed it delivered to my FFL dealer yesterday. YEA!!! Now I just have to wait for my permit to purchase from my county to go pick up. My FFL said by law 3 business days they have to have it done. Called the sherrif dept and she said no its 10 bussiness days. grrrrr that was on the 17th and its not here yet.

Well at least when this is done I dont have to wait. Just produce the card and I can walk out with a gun.

Oh and I just checked J&G's site. the 7.62's are gone. They still have 5.56's in stock for $349