• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In my opinion, they're probably the same. I have heard reports of the notched lever NOT passing the "drop test". The definition given was a 4" drop to the ground. I tried this with my first one I made, with a really stiff spring, it did not pass. These newer springs are not nearly as stiff, and I have had it both fail and pass the 4" to 5" drop test. I wish I could say it passes perfectly everytime, but that would make me a liar. There's an awful lot of tension against it with the bolt back, so I'm not 100% suprised...

Jeric

Couple more questions:

1) Can the bolt be retracted and locked back one-handed (if you brace the shotgun against the ground, or something)?

2) To release the bolt, all you have to do is yank the charging handle right?

Answers to both are yes. I can pull back the charging handle and reach down with my middle finger to push the BHO up in to place. It's not much of a reach. You don't even need to brace the gun against the ground, you can do it from just about any position.

To release the bolt, just pull back on the charging handle slightly, you'll hear a click, and release.

Jeric

Couple more questions:

1) Can the bolt be retracted and locked back one-handed (if you brace the shotgun against the ground, or something)?

2) To release the bolt, all you have to do is yank the charging handle right?

Answers to both are yes. I can pull back the charging handle and reach down with my middle finger to push the BHO up in to place. It's not much of a reach. You don't even need to brace the gun against the ground, you can do it from just about any position.

To release the bolt, just pull back on the charging handle slightly, you'll hear a click, and release.

Jeric

I rec'd my BHO kits from Jeric and they are of excellent quality. Now if I can just get the courage up to start making chips. Maybe today I'll go for it.

Jeric,

Would you recommend installing the BHO and scribing the cutout area using the BHO as a template on the inside of the receiver, and then drilling it out from the inside? Or is it better to calculate the proper position and work from the outside? Thanks for getting the BHOs out to me so quick.

Edited by DaGroaner

I did mine from the outside. You can still use the BHO as a guide as to where to drill/cut the hole. I have the exact dimensions, but not with me now. I will post these Monday evening along with (I hope..) the how-to tutorial. Otherwise DaGroaner, you (and everyone else who has purchased from me so far) will receive a printed version in the mail this week.

Jeric

UPDATE.

DaGraoner just reminded me of something that is kinda important. If you have a Saiga that was professionaly converted, the holes for the old trigger group may have been welded over and finished. In this case, you'll need to get the A Kit, since there is no way to use the internal cross member any longer.

I have edited the originating post as well, but just wanted to cover all the bases.

Thanks!

Jeric

Jeric, I realy love "your" idea of the BHO you're selling on this board!

I wonder where you got the idea for it?

Maybe I am out of line and I am sorry for stepping on toes but after reading that remark from you I cant stop shaking my head in dis-belief...

What exactly the fuck does that mean, Makc ??

Many, many people have needed BHO devices and all you have offered them is this...

Maybe you can explain why your BHO advertisements say OUT OF STOCK....

LB

Ok, one down and one to go. I should have waited for the directions but I couldn't. It wasn't that hard to figure out anyway and it was a piece of cake. Looks good, works perfectly. Thanks again Jeric! I'll do my other one this weekend. :super:

• 2 weeks later...

You say you recommend the 'B' kit over the 'A' for a converted gun. I was going to convert mine in the next couple weeks and weld up those holes. But if kit 'A' is a PITA then I'll just leave the holes and get 'B'. What do you think I should do?

Kevin

You say you recommend the 'B' kit over the 'A' for a converted gun. I was going to convert mine in the next couple weeks and weld up those holes. But if kit 'A' is a PITA then I'll just leave the holes and get 'B'. What do you think I should do?

Kevin

Kevin,

If you were planning on welding up the holes, I would say you should weld up the rear holes, and keep the forward ones open. This still allows you to utilize the forward holes for the screws that you need to use with the B Kit, and yet keeps your receiver looking well finished.

That, in my opinion, would be the best of both worlds.

Hope this helps you make your decision.

Keep me posted!

Jeric

Jeric did you recieve a check from South Carolina yet?

Sure did, yesterday morning. I'll deposit it on Monday, your BHO will go out on Wednesday at the latest. Actually, probably Tuesday, since I am leaving town for a few days starting Wed...

You should see it by the end of the week.

Thanks USP40, I appreciate your business!

Jeric

• 4 weeks later...

The Figure A drawing on the instructions is really shown way out of whack. Sure, it's not to scale, but it is so grossly off it is going to cause some confusion.

The hole is dim'd to start 2.75" from the back of the receiver, which is correct, but it is physically drawn at about 2.5" compared to the position of the trigger hole. It is also dim'd at .125" from the center of the slot to the outer edge of the receiver. This is just incorrect. The slot needs to be .250" from the outer edge of the receiver. In the position shown, it puts the BHO lever in a bind and it will not move freely. There is actually a doubler up against the inside R/H wall of the receiver which moves the lever off the inside of the receiver wall by about .125". This is not taken into account on the drawing.

See pic. Correct hole location compared to the goofy drawing that comes with the BHO kit.

http://www.hunt101.com/showphoto.php?photo=322278

Edited by TonyRumore
The Figure A drawing on the instructions is really shown way out of whack.  Sure, it's not to scale, but it is so grossly off it is going to cause some confusion. 

The hole is dim'd to start 2.75" from the back of the receiver, which is correct, but it is physically drawn at about 2.5" compared to the position of the trigger hole.  It is also dim'd at .125" from the center of the slot to the outer edge of the receiver.  This is just incorrect.  The slot needs to be .250" from the outer edge of the receiver.  In the position shown, it puts the BHO lever in a bind and it will not move freely.  There is actually a doubler up against the inside R/H wall of the receiver which moves the lever off the inside of the receiver wall by about .125".  This is not taken into account on the drawing.

See pic.  Correct hole location compared to the goofy drawing that comes with the BHO kit.

http://www.hunt101.com/showphoto.php?photo=322278

All mods should be considered "beta" until they have gone thru Tromix.

:super::D:smoke::up::super:

No kidding! I was maybe smoking crack? Thanks Tony. I sincerely hope it didn't cause any problems for anyone, my apologies.

I have re-fined the "fig A" drawing. Although, instead of the incorrect .125", I would say it should be .187" rather than .25". That's how it's reflected in the new drawing as well as the instruction sheet.

I have posted a how-to as well. See post

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=7644

Jeric

Don't worry about it - minor mistake. Great job on the kits and the tutorial. :super: You are one of only a few that have done the R&D necessary to create a useful S12 mod. :smoke:

Really nice product and really good instructions.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

So kit "B" is for converted Saigas, but to me it looks like an internal ACE block will be in the way. So if you are using the ACE block you will either have to cut a decent part off the end of the block, or should stick to kit "A", is that corrrect?