Heat Shield for Gas Tube?

did you order the heat shield directly from cobra or from CSS? There's a difference. Cobra does not make the ones sold on CSS.

I bought one from CSS in January.. pretty sure it said "Made by Cobras Customs".. :huh:

Edited by nattyiceking

I don't actually make the ones I sell. I've said this many times and still have some people accusing me of claiming that I do. I get them from another supplier and then modify them for use with S-12 or S-20. The ones sold by CSS are not from me either. I think he's having his own version made to look like the ones I sell, even though it's still advertised as being a "Cobra's Custom" product. I don't make one dime off the ones sold on CSS's site, even though it was MY original idea to begin with.

If anyone wants an original product that was first designed by one of us Saiga-12 vendors, I highly recommend going straight to the vendor who originally sold it here. This is also true for dinzag's bullet guides, and S-12 lower HG retainers. Anything else you buy is a copy.

• Like 4

Cobra's sure aren't loose. Got 2. takes both hands and knees to get mounted. :smoke:

Is this with using the Chaos tri-rail? If that's the case then I'll be buying one straight from Cobra.

CSS is an awesome company from my experience but that's definitely some shady shit <_<

• Like 1

I don't actually make the ones I sell. I've said this many times and still have some people accusing me of claiming that I do. I get them from another supplier and then modify them for use with S-12 or S-20. The ones sold by CSS are not from me either. I think he's having his own version made to look like the ones I sell, even though it's still advertised as being a "Cobra's Custom" product. I don't make one dime off the ones sold on CSS's site, even though it was MY original idea to begin with.

If anyone wants an original product that was first designed by one of us Saiga-12 vendors, I highly recommend going straight to the vendor who originally sold it here. This is also true for dinzag's bullet guides, and S-12 lower HG retainers. Anything else you buy is a copy.

I actually have purchased over 100 from you Shannon and you have made many dimes over what you have paid for them. They were so loose I had to bend them to fit the guns correctly and use more than pliers on the ends as you did. We have never copied anyones products directly. Yes we do make bullet guides and so does KVAR and many others.

People get tired of being priced gouged because only one person makes a certain item and charges much more than it is worth.

We offer quality products at volume pricing with the best customer sevice so people do not have to wait until someone gets around to sending it to them. Our customers agree and ask us to make different parts everyday.

I guess I will stop recommending you for customers wanting work done.

• Like 3

Wow Greg, wasn't trying to cause any hard feelings just by trying to protect my intellectual property.

No hard feelings here. I told you the last 50 I bought from you a few months ago were so bent out they would not fit and you did not care. I had to rebend them myself. No reason to pay you for a service when they have to be fixed after I get them. I do not make these and I buy them the same place you do. Bending an SKS gas tube cover with pliers is not intellectual property.

• Like 4

Wow.

"A few months ago"?

I haven't sold you or hardly anyone else any in at least a year.

I didn't tell you I didn't care Greg. As you know, they changed how they were making them at that time, and I didn't even know about them being wider at the bottom until I rushed that batch out to you before I had any chance to package any for sale myself. When you told me that I said I was sorry and told you how they could easily be adjusted to work like the old ones. You said it wasn't a problem, or I would have gladly fixed them myself. I have had to adjust all of them since then. If you are selling them like that it's no wonder they don't fit right. I don't just bend them with pliers either. They have to be squeezed down tighter and then they fit perfectly. I no longer bend / crimp the corners either because it causes them to scratch the finish off the gas tube.

As far as "intellectual property", I wasn't referring to the term in an actual legal sense. What it all boils down to is, I had the great idea to use those SKS covers on the S-12, posted pics of them on my own guns, and people liked them, so I started selling them. You asked me if you could sell them in your store so I sent you some. Then after a few orders you just stopped getting them from me. That's when I stopped making any money on that particular item. Since then I have maybe sold 10% or less of the ones being put on S-12s here. Sorry if it's wrong for me to try and stick up for one of the very few products I actually sell, and my own idea at that.

I didn't even start this thread. Questions were asked, and I've had lots more like them sent as PMs, so I finally had to try and get the story straight on these things. I'm tired of getting so many bad reviews on items that I have personally had no problems with my own sales of.

Last thing I wanted was ruffled feathers or an argument.

I don't know much, but I recently ordered a jt power mainspring from css, and it shipped in less than 4 hours. I'm guessing it will be here tomorrow. It was great and easy service. everyones says good things about them. As for cobra, I have asked many, many questions too him, and all have been answered quickly and accuratly. His service had been great. I think both are great companys. On the other hand, css probably needs to stop advertising there's as made by cobras customs, seeing as that's not true anymore.

Too many fights / pissing matches between vendors lately. I wanted to buy a heat sheild, now I dont know if I want one. CSS Ive absolutly have had no problem spending money on your site Im sure youve been told enough awesome customer service and fast shipping. I get everything in 2-3days at latest.

how about this on. has anyone here used this? its supposed to come with built-in heat shield. i'm just wary about fitting problems though. pricey too. sorry about the watermarks, i might get burned for posting outside link but i could not remove them (not with my meager computer skills, if it may even be called that).

OEM Russian STK AK and Saiga handguard

ak-vs-saiga-forend.jpg

Vendors all I can say about buying parts from one vendor that are made by another is now and then you get a lemon . Like beware Timber Smith Woodstock's . Then you have to go back to the manufacturer to get a warranty .Or you can just eat it that's what I did .

CSS is an awesome company from my experience but that's definitely some shady shit <_<

Actually it's free advertising.

CSS has EVERYTHING for Saigas & an impeccable reputation.

It's very beneficial for Cobra for the name "Cobra's Customs" to be connected to the heat shield at CSS's site.

Everyone who goes to CSS's site has money to spend & an interest in spending money.

When they see the name "Cobra's Custom" attached to the heat shield, they google the name & find him, then his site gets more hits & more exposure, not to mention credibility from being connected to a very reputable company.

CSS was doing a favor. IMHO

CSS could have & likely now will drop the name, since it seems to be being requested but if they did initially they would have been accused of stealing someone's idea, especially if they labeled it CSS at first..

But the need for the middleman & knowing when to go to the source is an important reality in businesses of ALL kinds & none can be faulted in a capitalist society for that.

I like Greg at CSS, he's always ALWAYS shot me straight.

I like Shannon, he's a stand up guy who's willing to help when needed and does quality work.

I like Pauly... more quality work and knows more about his work than most of us ever will.

I like the guys at C&S... and not just cause of their coon...

I like all the vendors here that make an attempt to "help" those of us who know less because we don't do it for a liveing...

Watching the issues between vendors unfold in open forums the way they have recently reguardless of who's wrong or right gives me the same feeling in my gut I got when Mom and Dad argued when I was a small kid. It dosen't sway my thoughts of them one way or the other, its not gonna keep me from decideing who will and will not work on my guns, its not gonna make me start thinking less of one guy, and more of another, or convince me someone is unfit to run their buisness. It just makes me sad that the people I enjoy being around can't get along.

I'm a grown damn man, and I'll do my own research and choose who will work on my guns based on YEARS of posts by all parties involved. I tend to spread my money around and show everyone a little love instead of picking 1 or 2 guys for everything. I enjoy my gun, this forum, and for the most part... everyone thats activly involved in it.

All this finger pointing, name calling, trash talking should be done in private between those directly involved in it. I work hard... I play hard, and when I get time to relax here.. its exactly that... trying to relax, this drama is bad for the forums and our hobby.

I understand there is money involved here, and by all rights, all bets are off when we start talking about how a man feeds his family, but guys... try and understand, there are damn few mall ninjas here, or kids posting on their daddy's puter. We are ALL grown damn men... and as such ultimately, will make our own decisions rathor than let you make them for us.

Have some trust in us as we have learned to trust in you.

just ramblings from my head atm...

Waylon

Edited by datrowl

I like Pauly... more quality work and knows more about his work than most of us ever will.

Watching the issues between vendors unfold in open forums gives me the same feeling in my gut I got when Mom and Dad argued when I was a small kid.

Who's ya Daddy! :haha:

With me at least, keep in mind, I come from industries & a military background where nobody exactly uses kid-gloves. Instead of many places where one might hear "maybe you may want to try it this way" when someone screws up, In my world "What the fuck were you thinking!?!? Pull your head out of your ass & do it right!" would be what one might hear.

But the person saying it had the recipient's best interests at heart.

It's a world where a "cunt-hair", "1/2 a gnats ass" & dead-nutz are common workplace phrases.

We work hard, play hard, knock the shit out of eachother, wipe the dust off & have a brew & the term "go fuck yourself" is used sarcastically in a friendly manner in response to someone bustin your balls.

The last of the old school are dieing though...

I lost my cherry to a Mexican whore 4 months after my 17th birthday in the navy drunk off my ass in a Tijuana strip club & used to sit on top of trussels as trains went under for fun as a kid. I love to debate & argue technical shit.

Guess I'm just a roughneck to the core.

I thank the Lord for the gift of salvation or I'd be screwed.

Don't worry.

Mom & dad aren't getting divorced.

Just passionate discussion. When you get so many alpha types who are drawn to AK-47s chambered in 12 gauge arguing shop, it may seem to get heated, but it's really not.

Just family buttin' heads.

• Like 1