Good news...The potential ban on Saiga 12 importation has been lifted (might have something to do with the ATFgetting busted letting a ton of weapon go into Mexico...trying to boostthe number sent from America...to use the data for future gun bans)...

This info was from RAA originally.

I was just informed today that the State Dept just approved importationof the Saiga 12 as a sporting firearm.

We should startseeing the containers hitting the shores in about 30 days.

Richard Nutile, Assistant Sales Manager

Interstate Arms Corp.

DIRECT: (800)-243-3006, x115

FAX: (978)-671-0023

ALT FAX (888)-811-2225

6 Dunham RD, Unit 1G, Billerica, MA 01821

• Like 1

Good news...The potential ban on Saiga 12 importation has been lifted (might have something to do with the ATFgetting busted letting a ton of weapon go into Mexico...trying to boostthe number sent from America...to use the data for future gun bans)...

I was just informed today that the State Dept just approved importationof the Saiga 12 as a sporting firearm.

Interstate Arms Corp.

ALT FAX (888)-811-2225

BATFE is US Dept. of Justice. I don't believe the State Department has anything to do with promulgating ATF rules and regulations - at least I hope not.

• Like 1

Interstate Arms Corp.

ALT FAX (888)-811-2225

BATFE is US Dept. of Justice. I don't believe the State Department has anything to do with promulgating ATF rules and regulations - at least I hope not.

I see your point, regardless of careless wording, I spoke with Richard Nutile and he confirmed that he received the information from RAA prior to disemination.

Interstate Arms Corp.

ALT FAX (888)-811-2225

I see your point, regardless of careless wording, I spoke with Richard Nutile and he confirmed that he received the information from RAA prior to disemination.

Thanks for getting this out. I will follow up with Clyde at RAA and confirm.

Best regards,

Mike

Post Script: FWIW, RAA is out for the weekend. I called the source of the information and he stated that this had indeed come directly from RAA.

Great news, hopefully prices will fall.

Just checked Russian retail websites for Saiga prices. Their prices also start from $700+. :ded:

Well at least you can buy a converted gun withing $800.

State administers ITAR. I'm pretty sure you need ITAR clearance in order to import or export shipments of weapons. I have no idea how or if they coordinate that with ATF approval.

So far, I have seen nothing from ATF to indicate that the shotgun importability study has resulted in a ruling one way or another. In fact there may be no ruling - since by default the Saiga 12 as imported has been in the "sporting" category for many years, and continues to meet all of the "sporting" criteria as defined by ATF in the study materials. If no action is taken as a result of the study - the original ruling allowing S12s to be imported simply stands unchanged.

I think it's worth noting that during the entire "ban" hysteria, that Saiga 12s have continued to be imported, and that there are actually many more licensed importers now than there were six months ago.

• Like 1

So does all of this mean we should have sold our S-12's for double their value while we had the chance??

Not at all. This situation is not yet settled, as ATF hasn't officially said shit.

Also, any S-12 you purchased at the beginning of the year or before has appreciated in value and even if the import situation turns out as well as we all hope, that value is not going down.

Besides.. I can't imagine selling my preferred S-12, (or my "extra" '08 RAAC NIB IZ-109), unless I faced true financial disaster.. and even in that situation; I'd sell the computer I'm using right now, (and a lot of other stuff), before selling any of my firearms.

That said, I s'pose if someone wanted to pay me ~$3500 for my LSA S-12 I'd consider it. :D

Let's hope this means they will start coming in with a pistol grip. If the 1919 can, the s12 should follow suit.

At this point, the NRA should file suit to repeal the whole 922R piece of sh%t legeslation. :killer:

Edited by macaholic

Interstate Arms Corp.

ALT FAX (888)-811-2225

Upon having time to dig a little deeper I find that Rich is correct and your fears are well placed.

Section 1.3 Administration and enforcement of Federal firearms laws

Until January 24, 2003, authority to administer and enforce Federal firearms laws was the responsibility

of the Bureau of ATF within the U.S. Department of the Treasury. As a result of enactment of Section

1111 of the Homeland Security Act of 2002, ATF and its firearms authorities were transferred to the

U.S. Department of Justice, effective January 24, 2003. ATF's name was also changed to the Bureau of

Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. ATF continues to have the authority to administer and

enforce Federal firearms laws. The Department of State retained its authority over the enforcement of

the export provisions of the AECA that relate to firearms.