Hey y'all,

I was eagerly anticipating the Red Dawn remake this fall not only because the original was the most kickass movie I can remember seeing as a kid until T2 came out, but also some of my relatives up in Royal Oak, MI got to be extras. Now... not so much. I just read ( I realize the news came out in March, but I have been busy of late) that plot has been changed and that the Chinese invaders have been replaced by North Koreans by digital post production means. What. The. Hell? This crap prima facie doesn't even appear to be plausible and I think will turn off many that would have gone to see it. Why not change the invaders to the Vietnamese? Hell the Japanese would make as much sense. The sight of the PLA in our backyards on the big screens might make some at least think... what if? Here's the article

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-et-china-red-dawn-20110316,0,995726.story?track=rss

My Fiance's niece is an extra in it too. I think she was trying to get another relative involved as well. They're from the Troy, MI area.

As for the Chinese to N. Korean thing, it's all public relations crap.

As for the Chinese to N. Korean thing, it's all public relations crap.

As in... The Chinese were one of the only countries at least helping shoulder our tremendous national debt by purchasing Treasuries??? No longer, so why bother? We're fully monetizing our own debt now... Only a matter of time until it all fails.

Besides- why get worried, the Chinese thing may actually happen some day. Time would be better spent learning Mandarin and the habits and customs of our soon to be overlords. :devil:

It's all BS and we all know it. Hollywood is part of the big machine that is designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator... Just like Hitler demanded of HIS propaganda/state controlled media.

North Korea must be part of the new villian. Got to keep the perpetual war going, you know.

Edited by bohound

well, screw hollywood. china will invade us some day soon. they will try to reclaim some of the debt we owe them by taking up our natural resources. i for one will not go see this terrible PC piece of dog crap. your friends are sell outs for participating in the production of such a vile piece of PC crap.

The movie is going to be terrible, so I do not care what stupid story line they use. Look how many remakes or part twos, of / on movies in the past, they made...how many were good? none.

I would argue that the Dawn of the Dead remake was pretty alright!

Otherwise, I concur that paying $10 to see most Hollywood remakes is like bringing box of condoms to your own prison gang rape - you may feel good about it going in, but after its over you realize you still got fucked in the ass!

• Like 3

well, screw hollywood. china will invade us some day soon. they will try to reclaim some of the debt we owe them by taking up our natural resources. i for one will not go see this terrible PC piece of dog crap. your friends are sell outs for participating in the production of such a vile piece of PC crap.

Agreed, but lets not speed up the process by making a movie...lol

When they start marketing it, I will decide if I will see it in the movies or on DVD. If I going to see a crappy new movie, it might as well be Red Dawn. I'm really curious how they will portray the US's downfall. I don't have a problem with there being North Koreans--remember the 1984 had a Cuban contingent. I do expect there to be some major forces backing up the NK's, even if it is off screen, lest I be disappointed.

I'm really more annoyed that they'd change it over the Chinese gripes. They very well of could have released a US (with Chinese) version and a for China version using NK's.

I didn't see any cool weaponry in the filming. Hopefully they throw in a CGI naval battle.

How could China invade the US? Instigate a war on the Korean peninsula. Nuke some 100k US forces at close range. Crash the $ Dollar. A few nukes could strand NATO and US forces in Iraq and Afghanistan in Europe/Asia. Set a few traps for US Carrier battle groups. Barter Siberian access and alliance with Russia. Russia leans on Europe to stay put. China offers to fix the damage they've done and restore jobs and the economy in a starving, fuel-less, demographically diverse US.

I know it is all talk, but global hegemony is cyclical. It is actually the norm for a superpower to spread itself too thin and open the window for a challenger to at least attempt to take control.