"Glock Voluntarily Agrees To Stop Shipping 33rd Mags?

Ok, so when the next nutjob does the same with a Draco or AR pistol, prepare for the panic buying on those mags too.

I could care less about 33 Rounders for a Glock btw. Kind of hard to conceal even with a Crossbreed Supertuck!

Yeah pawnshop owners are really honest and stand up guys! Yeah right! Hes just talking shit trying to move the mags he bought a bunch of the day after jared loughner shot those people.

Since you are now doing business with Glock, maybe you can verify this?

Thanks,

Yakdung

• Like 2

Google comes up with absolutely nothing to back up this gunshop's claim. How many was he trying to sell you?

I purchased four before anything was said about any importation ban.

Yakdung

Yakdung,

did not know you were local I live in Tomball.

Yeah pawnshop owners are really honest and stand up guys! Yeah right! Hes just talking shit trying to move the mags he bought a bunch of the day after jared loughner shot those people.

Thanks,

Yakdung

Sure Ill just tell them I heard through an American gun forum that some guy at a pawnshop said he heard that the Austrians wont be able to import any more hi cap mags and see what they say.

Edited by GREYLUPO

Thanks,

Yakdung

Sure Ill just tell them i heard through an American gun forum that some guy at a pawnshop said he heard that the Austrians wont be able to import any more hi cap mags and see what they say.

A simple question will work. Again this isn't from just one source. If you don't feel comfortable asking that's ok.

Be safe,

Yakdung

• Like 1

Thanks,

Yakdung

Sure Ill just tell them i heard through an American gun forum that some guy at a pawnshop said he heard that the Austrians wont be able to import any more hi cap mags and see what they say.

A simple question will work. Again this isn't from just one source. If you don't feel comfortable asking that's ok.

Be safe,

Yakdung

I thought you were just being a smartass lol. I can ask but Im sure if they know anything they will be tight lipped about it. Im sure if it did happen they would just have the American branch make them.

I did at least 5 transfers at Tomball Pawn and bought one pistol from them. They don't seem to be the type of creating hype. They are very straight forward with their answers. May be the owner received wrong information?

Thanks,

Yakdung

Be safe,

Yakdung

I thought you were just being a smartass lol. I can ask but Im sure if they know anything they will be tight lipped about it. Im sure if it did happen they would just have the American branch make them.

Just trying to separate what I'm hearing from several Houston gun stores. Funny what happens when trying to share a little information can lead to. I do think there is something to this, and I'm going to continue asking around. A non disclosure will probably prevent any flow of information on second thought.

Thanks,

Yakdung

Edited by yakdung
  • Like 1

Tomball Pawn is a full service gun shop that caters to LEO. Nice selection, knowledgeable help & good prices.

The Pawn is just a small part of their business.

Thanks,

Yakdung

Be safe,

Yakdung

Just trying to separate what I'm hearing from several Houston gun stores. Funny what happens what trying to share a little information can lead to. I do think there is something to this, and I'm going to continue asking around. A non disclosure will probably prevent any flow of information on second thought.

Thanks,

Yakdung

I started trying to seperate fact from rumor by looking at the source: the fed's own sites. I checked ATF's site, and the Government Printing Office (GPO) site, and looked for anything out of ATF (found nothing), any new regulations published in the Federal Register (the official outlet for new regs), anything recent in the CFR (Code of Federal Regulations) and nothing official has gone out. If ATF and Glock have come to some sort of "understanding", that's another thing, but words like "ban" and others, would have to be officially announced in these places. See the GPO at http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/ and ATF (FYI - that is what their banner says, not BATFE) at http://www.atf.gov/.

Thanks,

Yakdung

Be safe,

Yakdung

Just trying to separate what I'm hearing from several Houston gun stores. Funny what happens what trying to share a little information can lead to. I do think there is something to this, and I'm going to continue asking around. A non disclosure will probably prevent any flow of information on second thought.

Thanks,

Yakdung

I started trying to seperate fact from rumor by looking at the source: the fed's own sites. I checked ATF's site, and the Government Printing Office (GPO) site, and looked for anything out of ATF (found nothing), any new regulations published in the Federal Register (the official outlet for new regs), anything recent in the CFR (Code of Federal Regulations) and nothing official has gone out. If ATF and Glock have come to some sort of "understanding", that's another thing, but words like "ban" and others, would have to be officially announced in these places. See the GPO at http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/ and ATF (FYI - that is what their banner says, not BATFE) at http://www.atf.gov/.

I agree. Banner needs to read "Glock Voluntarily Agrees To Stop Shipping 33rd Mags?" I would change it, but I don't have that ability.

Yakdung

Edited by yakdung

I just spoke with the guys at Jim Pruett's Guns and Ammo and I was told "Glock has voluntary taken them off of the market. I can no longer get them as well". He also thought that if the BATFE did this, it would be a selective action and all high caps would have to be targeted. Sounds like some under table dealings to me. I believe this to be the correct version. Vendors on this site should be able to run this up the flagpole and check for verification. It may have to do with this bill in congress as well. If this is the case, I find it kind of interesting because the KTI Korean version are unaffected.

http://thomas.loc.go...hp?n=BSS;c=112|

Yakdung

Jim Pruett!

Man, Steven's & Pruett was the shit back in the day in Houston! Uncle Waldo! Hells yeah!

Hell, KLOL aint even around anymore & Mark Stevens passed away. What a ripoff.

Getting old blows.

AMSS on Jones rd has 30rnd-ers by the register in front. Check them out. Prices aren't best, but good people.

Thanks,

Yakdung

I get the ATF news letter and haven't seen anything on an outright ban on them. Just a bit about the pending legislation.

Then again, I'm not a Glocker, but I do pay attention to any that comes out of them with the words, ban, restrict, etc.

I have 3 factory Glock 33 rounders in 9mm and 1 Glock factory .40 cal 10 and a 22 round and a few 17 and 15 rnd 9mm factory. I also have some aftermarket 15, 17 and, 33 rnd 9mm, and .40 in 15,17 and 33 rnd that work great so BATF can stick it !:lolol:

Edited by Palidin

Back to the shit about the loser's mag jamming.... I thought I remembered from at least some reports that he was using one of those POS aftermarket 33 rd mags...or is that 30 with a +2? Or maybe that was all conjecture too.... :rolleyes:

Ok, so when the next nutjob does the same with a Draco or AR pistol, prepare for the panic buying on those mags too.

I could care less about 33 Rounders for a Glock btw. Kind of hard to conceal even with a Crossbreed Supertuck!

Ya but the are great in a Keltek Sub 2000 9mm and .40 cal. awesome little carbines that fold in half. I have one of each with Hi-cap mags and love them. I pack the G-19 with sling version in a hard sided briefcase along with my Glock 19 and belly band holster and 3-33 rounders, 6 -17 rounders, and 4 15 rounders. Really nice that you can use any of the mags in either weapon. Hell of a lot of fire power in a toteable package. I call it my Zombi kit.:killer:

Edited by Palidin