Nice looking

Yes they are cool but kinda impractical - but when has that ever stopped us before?

Can you tell us more about it;

- have it built from parts kit? by you or who?

- already built? where did you get it?

- how does it shoot?

Cheers,

harv

Sadly not a transferrable. I hear those are terribly rare, only several in the registry or something to that effect. This is a semi-auto Polish RPD built on a DSA receiver by Stan at Project Guns who is not only a really cool and helpful guy but also a masterful gunsmith who did an utterly fantastic job of putting this thing together. He shortened the barrel to 16" and threaded it for the M60-style flash hider. He also shortened the bipod accordingly to match the new barrel profile. He included an adapter that lets me use either the standard old skool RPD drums or the modern SAW pouches. Then I picked up an adapter from BeltFedShooters to mount it to my MG3-AA tripod. I even had him do the threads 5/8x24 so I might eventually put a suppressor on it. (Are we over the top yet?) Converting an RPD kit to semi is no simple task but this thing looks like it just rolled off the assembly line at the Radom factory. Right down to the hot-salt-bluing finish. It really is gorgeous.

Have not fired it yet, still gathering belts and drums. I'll be sure to post some video once I take it out.

More:

DSC02452.jpgDSC02463.jpg

Wow, and I thought I was "Over the Top" buying my RPK. That is a really nice build. I beifly thought about an RPD, but it's outta my price range. Looking forward to the range video's.

• Like 1

You obviously have way too much disposable income, doc. When's Obamacare kick in and beggar you again? ^_^

j/k, of course. That is one purdy custom rifle ya got there. As you said yourself, a belt-fed semi-auto is kind of pointless, but she certainly looks fantastic! :up: