well ive thought of this for a while and i finally came up with an idea!

im going to buy an Adam Arms 5.45x39 piston 16" AR upper then buy a cheap lower from Midway probably and a SSAR-15 slide fire stock.

now i know some may think im crazy but ive tried the slide fire stock on a buddies AR and the damn thing works amazing now add the cost of 5.45x39 its about a quarter the cost of .223 and its actually a better round!

Adams%20Arms%20545%20Upper.jpg?rand=419130702

I've got a buddy that is a vendor for the slidefire. The damn thing works!!! With a little practice with it, I was even able to manage somewhat controlled, three round bursts! It really is amazing.

He also sells the Plum Crazy complete lowers for something like $120... Insane! We threw an AR five-seven upper on one, just so it could have a dedicated lower- at that price you can't lose! (It's our "fun" rifle).

Cool idea Battosai!

ETA: I'm not going to post a link or anything to his site, because he's not a vendor here- we haven't "converted" him to Kalashnikovs yet, but if interested, PM me.

Edited by bohound

It's pretty easy to clean just spray windex all over it.

This is the usual remedy but be advised, windex which contains ammonia, chemically will react in a very negative way with chromium. A chrome bore is to counteract the corrosive effects of a salt compound primer which hygroscopic properties accelerate rust in a non plated bore/chamber. So this is a total waste of time and effort in a chrome lined barrel. In a non lined barrel, soapy water (Dawn) will inactivate the salt. Use a hair drier or compressed air to remove the H2O

• 2 weeks later...

OP also stated piston upper which is a lot easier to clean with the upper detached than a AK any day of the week. I think with the recent flood of AR parts and prices for the basic rifle dropping a lot of us are starting to re-discover the AR platform. As for the slide fire, I can see it putting a lot of lead down range when used properly but I'm still not sure on any degree of accuracy due to the movement of the rifle Good luck with your project, I've heard a lot of good things about the A.A. piston set up-seems to be a lot of bang for the buck.

• 4 weeks later...

I wish the AA (Atkins Accelerator) stocks were still available for the 10/22, been wanting an SS' for a while, a local vendor that advertises on my local armslist has a bunch and I see the add EVERY SINGLE day back at the top so I really really want it lol but I cant drop the money for a toy.

edit Sorry bout posting in an old thread, wasnt paying attention, slow night tonight...

Edited by serial_killer