Am I the only one that wants one?

If you ever has the chance to shoot one, you won't want one after that.

The only thing kinda nice about them is the recoil suppression.. but they are slow. I kid you not.. put a good recoil absorber system on your S12.. you can get it shooting very softly, and you crack out rounds faster than the AA12.

I wouldn't want one. Well.. if they were in the $500 price range, I guess I'd pick one up .. just to have another exotic mag fed shotgun.

Am I the only one that wants one?

If you ever has the chance to shoot one, you won't want one after that.

The only thing kinda nice about them is the recoil suppression.. but they are slow. I kid you not.. put a good recoil absorber system on your S12.. you can get it shooting very softly, and you crack out rounds faster than the AA12.

I wouldn't want one. Well.. if they were in the $500 price range, I guess I'd pick one up .. just to have another exotic mag fed shotgun.

I had a chance to shoot a pair of them, I didn't think they were bad. When you consider only a handful of prototypes were built in the first place its no surprise if they're not the best. I know for a fact our company got some of the later iteration sample prototypes which maybe why I didn't see a problem. They built initially only 10-12 of them that I was aware of and only the last half of them were built to a production grade for testing. Even with the modest 300 rpm it could turn out I do know for a fact that the rate was set lower to improve controlability as much as a safety percaution for the explosive shell. The concern was that the HE in the shell has the potential to go off from compression in the event of a plugged barrel, so the rate of fire had to be kept slow enough that the operator could react quickly enough that an amount of HE that exceeded safety requirements was not in the barrel at one time. I was told that aspect of the AA12 design were to improve operator survivability in the event of catastrophic failure. This is only to say that the AA12 has considerations made to it that other shotguns don't to compliment its special ammunition. I think thats the important part about the context with which its compared. The manufacturer was really pushing for this to be considered an infantry portable automatic light grenade launcher first, shotgun second. The marine who initially brought them out seemed to really like it.

Are there better shotgun?-Yes. Are there better shotguns with an HE round?-No.

Edited by Mythos

yeah.. any shotgun can fire the HE round I'm pretty sure.. If rapid fire is a problem for the HE, fire it SLOWLY on semi auto when using those rounds rather then develop a garbage gun that has a full auto speed less then most people can fire semi.

Anytime you use HE I'd hope you practice caution to the extent that it wasn't neccesary to give you an overly heavy innefficient gun for safety reasons.

yeah.. any shotgun can fire the HE round I'm pretty sure.. If rapid fire is a problem for the HE, fire it SLOWLY on semi auto when using those rounds rather then develop a garbage gun that has a full auto speed less then most people can fire semi.

Anytime you use HE I'd hope you practice caution to the extent that it wasn't neccesary to give you an overly heavy innefficient gun for safety reasons.

Yes. Any shotgun can fire it, but only this one is designed to improve operator survivability in an environment where automatic fire is necessary . The Marines aquisition wanted a weapon with a great enough degree of safety; maybe this is a failure of the acquisition system placing this type of goal, but if you're the guy carrying it you might be happier. All I know is we have a pile of dead pump actions from testing, several banana peeled barrels and a couple blown out in the middle while the AA12 did better. It is 40% heavier than a Saiga but it is mostly stainless steel, to make it more corrosion resistant, at sea, and to reduce its maintainance requirements per the Marines demand. If it had gone into full service, the plan was a squad support role; in the context of squad weapons only the then non-existent, IAR is lighter in the squad role. Edited by Mythos
  • Like 1

an american shotgun and an american kid with an obviously fake accent

I bet it's a fake AA-12 to go with the fake Russian accent. To me it looks like a Saiga S-12 with a fiberglass shell to make it look like an AA-12.

I worked with guys who spoke Russian and they didn't sound anything like this impostor.